Drunkard's Walk Forums
284 is enough - NEW new fic rec thread - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other People's Fanfiction (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Archived Fanfic Recommendations (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: 284 is enough - NEW new fic rec thread (/showthread.php?tid=824)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Re: Penguingate - Rieverre - 05-15-2006

Quote:
Have you seen Madagascar? It's a crossover.
Ah. Right. No. I haven't. Which sort of explains my brain connecting this to Disgaea.
It's funny regardless.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm

Bubblegum Crisis: A Story of Tokyo 1880 - drakensis - 05-15-2006

A story of our favorite hardsuited heroines... okay, the less popular variety therof... (although it has the hard edge that you said you missed, Griever).
Bubblegum Crisis: Meiji
www.fanfiction.net/s/2531944/1/
Britain wants Japan as part of the Empire.
Japan wants to retain its independence.
GENOM wants them to fight a war over it.
Between them ride four masked samurai-ko...
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

Re: Bubblegum Crisis: A Story of Tokyo 1880 - HoagieOfDoom - 05-17-2006

A Nice Cup of Tea and a Lie Down, a creepy, semi-plausible HP fic.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org

Re: Bubblegum Crisis: A Story of Tokyo 1880 - jpub - 05-17-2006

Quote:
A Nice Cup of Tea and a Lie Down, a creepy, semi-plausible HP fic.
Wow. That's disturbing.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]

Re: Bubblegum Crisis: A Story of Tokyo 1880 - Bob Schroeck - 05-17-2006

Quote:
Wow. That's disturbing.
Oh yeah, very creepy.

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...

A "Firefly" Drabble - Bob Schroeck - 05-18-2006

Trousseau, by Musesfool. Very nice.

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...

Re: A "Firefly" Drabble - katreus - 05-19-2006

Naruto: Berserk
Naruto/Berserk. It's... interesting. Dark but well, what do you expect with Berserk? =x

Re: Naruto Berserk - Berk - 05-19-2006

Is Sasuke who I THINK Sasuke is?
..... Oh mother of Grod ...
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Re: Naruto: Berserk - Angryoptimist - 05-19-2006

Naruguts rocks.
Er, wait.
Guts rocks.
The story was sort of like "HAY BERSERK WITH NARUTO CHARACTERS LOL". It was, enjoyable, sure, and reasonably well-done but that's what it felt like--like the Naruto elements were just there for "HAY LOOK AT KAKASHI SUPRISED/WORRIED LOL" and "HA HA ZABUZA GOT OWNED". Not that the Zabuza/Naruguts fight wasn't good--it was Good--or that you wouldn't expect Kakashi to freak out--if he only knew...
Sasuith (Griffithke?)/Naruguts banter's pretty good, too, though I'm no Berserk expert.
P.S. Presence of HUGE SWORD is always good. HUGE HUGE HUGE!!!-----------------
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
- Chris Knight, Real Genius Two great tastes that go great together!

try this, then - Rieverre - 05-19-2006

Full Metal Berserker
Huge sword? Check. Big fights? Ditto. Hilarious culture shock moments from a guy from medieval times thrust into what's basically a ramped up steampunk setting? Ayup. Though it's fortunate that somebody explained to him that you aren't supposed to drink from the toilet relatively soon. Also, Guts/Lust interaction in the latest chapter is tres amusing.
-Griever
saddened by his inability to find more good -and long- Berserk fanfiction.
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm

Harry Potter/Buffy Crossover Fic - Bob Schroeck - 05-20-2006

Prophecies? We Don't Need No Stinking Prophecies. Lily Potter's spell is different in this AU, sending Harry to whoever is best able to protect him; he ends up being raised by a post-series Xander and Buffy, and trained by the Scoobies almost from the moment he can walk.
A qualified recommendation. The writer is inexperienced; he's so eager to get to the meat of his story that he rushes through the setup, in places pouring literally years of backstory into a single paragraph. After the first couple of chapters, though, the style settles down a bit and it's quite readable. The scenes of Harry learning everything he can from all the people involved with the new Watchers' Council are just fun to read. And there is what has to be one of the best Trelawny prophecies I've ever read in a fic:
Quote:
Beware the scions of the dog who speaks when they come searching for their stolen heir, she proclaimed forcefully. For their wrath shall shake the world
The feral father, pack-leader and master of the iron menagerie, shall lead the way. He shall see truly those who intend his son harm and he shall deal with them in his own manner
The twice-dead mother, demon bane and first sister among the destroyers of darkness, shall come seeking the blood-child of her third life, and her rage shall be terrifying to behold. Woe be to any who would stand in her way
The mistress of gates and her betrothed, the warlord of the ancients, the wolf-king and his mates, Gaias daughter and Dianas favored, the bloodstained sage, god-killer and heart-father to them all, and his spouse, the healer and protector of the innocent, shall aid them in their quest. And the world shall tremble at their step
Death and destruction shall follow at their heels, and the Boy Who Vanished shall discover and accept his heritage
The Dark Lord shall seek him out, that the final judgment shall be made, and only one shall walk away
And the world shall be remade in his image
Oh, and Ed Becerra has a cameo in what is at this time one of the later chapters.
Sadly, it's incomplete -- with the latest chapter the groundwork is almost completely laid and the real action has yet to start. But the author is updating regularly; it was started in February and the newest chapter was posted today.
Oh, and it has quite a few throwaway crossover elements and cameos in the later parts, but most of them can be safely ignored.
Worth a look, at least.-- Bob
---------
I loot faster. -- Peggy Schroeck, D&D game, in response to a crisis situation that arises while she's searching the bodies of four recent opponents.

Re: Harry Potter/Buffy Crossover Fic - jpub - 05-20-2006

Greywizard has a lot of charm to his works (mostly BtVS), although be warned, he *loves* Super!Xander.
His group is here:
groups.yahoo.com/group/greywizardslair/
Prophecies is being released every Thursday/Friday, and he's been pretty consistent on it for the past couple months.--

Re: try this, then (Full Metal Berserker) - Angryoptimist - 05-20-2006

Excellent! Apparently, Guts has sort of taken on Scar's (anime) role and it looks like what's going on with Scar's going to be pretty interesting. And, yeah, the Guts/Lust stuff in the last chapter is pretty interesting.-----------------
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
- Chris Knight, Real Genius Two great tastes that go great together!

Re: try this, then (Full Metal Berserker) - HoagieOfDoom - 05-21-2006

Fugue, a funky Ranma fic with an interesting and unique twist.*********
www.venganza.org

Re: try this, then (Full Metal Berserker) - The Hunterminator - 05-21-2006

Quote:
Fugue, a funky Ranma fic with an interesting and unique twist.
A short but very enjoyable fic, and that twist is wickedly brilliant.

Re: try this, then (Full Metal Berserker) - WengFook - 05-22-2006

Wow fugue certainly took a twist nobody and I mean nobody would see coming [Image: embarassed.gif]
and I like it.. [Image: smile.gif]

I wish there was more though.. the author could have carried on, there was a loose end that I wish he would tie up, but the end was pretty good none the less [Image: happy.gif]
We are the swords in the darkness, the watchers on the walls. The fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn. The horn that wakes the sleepers. The shield that guards the realms of men. -The Brothers Black

Re: try this, then (Full Metal Berserker) - HoagieOfDoom - 05-25-2006

A Real Bombshell, yet another odd Ranma-fic. I have to say, I'm more interested in this race that the protagonist is from than what actually happens, but it's still way cool*********
www.venganza.org

Re: try this, then (Full Metal Berserker) - katreus - 05-25-2006

While looking around TTH, I found an author that seems pretty good. I particularly like her What's to Come and Not a Dream by Day stories.
www.tthfanfic.org/Author-...ponine.htm

Memorial Day Fic - Periwinkle Skyye - 05-26-2006

from PaBurke, Jack's Memorial - a short one-shot about how Jack O'Neill celebrates Memorial Day.

A New Fic by ME! - drakensis - 05-27-2006

A short and rather silly crossover between Bleach and Lord of the Rings. A few more chapters to come.
www.fanfiction.net/s/2959640/1/
D for Drakensis

Lost Time - drakensis - 05-29-2006

www.fanfiction.net/s/2699328/1/
The same general idea as Nightmares of Future Past, in this fic six of the kids have the memories of the past. Matters diverge a lot before Hogwarts, however. Dark.
D for Drakensis

re: a new fic - VladimirTherin - 05-29-2006

Your lotr/bleach fic is hilarious.
although, without a knowledge of bleach, the amount of pain the poor undead are in for just does not come across.
:-D

Re: re: a new fic - jpub - 05-29-2006

A fairly interesting post-HBP H/Hr fic:
www.fanfiction.net/u/922665/
Weak at the start, but the author gets more proficient quickly, and the last 3-4 chapters are really well done.
Also features the best HBP H/G dismissal I've seen, short of the 'Ginny was feedy Harry a love potion' gimmick.--

Re: re: a new fic - katreus - 05-30-2006

Not a fic per se, but a commentary on a BtVS fic that she wrote, which I thought was really interesting to read.
Link.

Re: 284 is enough - NEW new fic rec thread - Happerry - 05-30-2006

Look at Durandall