Drunkard's Walk Forums
Dead Fics I'd Love To See Revived - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other People's Fanfiction (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Dead Fics I'd Love To See Revived (/showthread.php?tid=7715)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Uh huh ^^ - Bob Schroeck - 01-29-2006

re: Rob Haynie's Pagliacci side story:
Quote:
It must have been released, I stumbled over it a while back while googling for Ed's webpage. Can't remember where it was now, I'll check later.
If you find it, please let me know.

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...

Re: Uh huh ^^ - ECSNorway - 01-29-2006

Try here at Sanjiyan's Forums--
"Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of General Zod has been approved."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Re: Uh huh ^^ - Bob Schroeck - 01-30-2006

Thanks!

-- Bob
---------

One more I'd forgotten - ordnance11 - 02-02-2006

"Somewhere in Between" by Liam Roy..an El-Hazard fic. The only one I've seen that has Afura Mann falling in love.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Re: One more I'd forgotten - Necratoid - 02-02-2006

"The Three Magic Knights" Carrotglace
Carrot inserts Dan into a story he really, really hates (Magical Knight Rayearth)... Dan tries to figure out how to kill off the cast without tipping anyone off, he knows he'll be dramatically killed off at that point. Carrot tries to keep Dan there as long as possible once he realizes he just made someone very, very mad and gave them access to Slayer magic.
www.asynjor.com/fanfic/danna.html at the pages bottom. Would've listed it earlier forgot the name.

Hmmm...What fics I'd like to see restarted - Werehawk - 02-02-2006

Ok what dead fics I'd love to see continued...Which is a hard question because I have to pull so much out of dead storage
There's A duet of Pigtails As well as the rest of Rob Barba's stories.

Sailor Moon Millenials definitely. Has anyone heard anything from the Judge?
RAALS as well.
I'd love to see Brian Randall start writing again.
Most of the ficss I would love see continued have been mentioned...
--Werehawk--
My mom's brief take on upcoming Guatemalan Elections "In last throes of preelection activities. Much loudspeaker vote pleading."

Hmmm...What fics I'd like to see restarted - Werehawk - 02-02-2006

I just remebered Ebiris's Dark Serenity which currently seems to be dead in the water...
WMD
--Werehawk--
My mom's brief take on upcoming Guatemalan Elections "In last throes of preelection activities. Much loudspeaker vote pleading."

Re: Dead Fics I'd Love To See Revived - A117 - 02-02-2006

Where's that list?
Ahh ... Here it is ...
1. Knight of Shadow.
2. Not a Dirty Word.
3. Twisted Path.
4. Point of No Return.
5. Endless Knights (crossover between BZ and FK)
6. Puck (Original)
7. Ranmazoku
8. Dragoon Avatar by Wrose
9. The Accidental Goddess
10. The River of Souls (crossover between NGE and B5)
11. Dungeon Keeper Ranma
12. Dungeon Keeper Ukyo
13. .....
14. .....
15. Rune Ranko
16. Lady of the Ring
17. Finding An Anchor
18. Fist of the Pikachu
19. Evil Kasumi Returns
20. The Weapon's Prisoner
21. Chaos and Carnage
22. The Use of Power (WOT and SM xover)
23. Dragon Lady of Macross (1st part series complete. Hope to see the 2nd part of the series)
24. The Pegasus Cycle
25. Fulcrum
26. Dragoon Ranma
27. Pleasure
28. Spider's Mark
29. Heavenly Intervention
30. Dragon's Bond
31. The World At War
32. More than meets the eyes
33. Ah! My System Bug!
34. Power and Responsibility
35. Dragons, Mages and Martial Artists
36. Warp Realities
37. Realms
38. A Mother's Love
39. Three Dragons in Forgotten Realms
40. Blades of Shadow
41. Everything Goes Martial Arts-Time Enough for Lust *lemon* (4 parts)
42. The Great Crossover Crisis
43. My BAKA Gaidin
44. Happosai's life of DOOM
45. Kasumi's Wish
46.Oh! My Goddess! Oh! My Demon! Oh! My Ranma!
47. All My Outers
48. Destiny by Arun
49. Paragon
50. Well Hung by Moonlight
51. True Freedom (Terminator)
52. MeSsEd Up
There's another 50 of them but I can't recall the titles of the top of my head (it's been a long time). Dear me!
So this will have to do for now ...

Re: Dead Fics I'd Love To See Revived - Necratoid - 02-02-2006

"Wild Boot" David Farrr, its a Ranma 1/2 fusion with Reboot
A117 next time look up the writers of those series.
Forgot the link:
ranmafics.com/reboot.html

A few more - SkyeFire - 02-04-2006

Alan Harnum's "Mortal Engines," a downright *fascinating* El-Hazard continuation.
JJ Corley's "Honor's Duty," an *odd* but oddly engaging EVA fic where Shinji was fostered out to Ranma and Kasumi. Of course, I've been one of JJ's prereaders for HD, so I'm biased.
Biles'... well, *everything.* None of Biles' work, solo or co-written, is actually *dead*, AFAIK, but some of the update rates are approaching geologic timescales. Of course, how Biles manages even that much with the sheer *number* of fics he's juggling simultaneously... One of my recurring nightmares is that he quits, or drops dead, or something, with all of them unfinished. GAH!

Re: Dead Fics I'd Love To See Revived - Herr Bad Moon - 02-04-2006

Three words.
The Faith Machine.
John Constintine + Adult Killbot Skuld + Extended Absence = Sad Bad Moon---------------
-Jon
This is ridiculous. You're supposed to be terrors of the sea! You're all a bunch of idiots! You lost your hand in a wheat grass machine, you were in Menudo, and you killed one of the Three Stooges? This is retarded! I'm goin to leave you here to think about what you've done - how you've sullied the pirate name... and to think about how much it doesn't suck to be the King of the Hobo Mafia after all.
King of the Hobo Mafia: Scurvy Dogs#3
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"

Re: Dead Fics I'd Love To See Revived - Aleh - 02-04-2006

*Sigh* The dead story I'd most like to see continued is one of the old bet fics -- not one of Metroanime's, but another author's take on the idea. Unfortunately, I can't remember the title -- it's been a while -- but the gist of it was that the Tendou's mother made a wish just before she died that her daughters would get what they needed to recover. As a result, we got an Urd-esque Kasumi, a Belldandy-esque Nabiki and a Skuld-esque Akane... and I'm really not doing the idea justice. Now, if only I could remember the title, I'd go back and reread it...-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]

Re: Dead Fics I'd Love To See Revived - Bob Schroeck - 02-04-2006

"The Way Of Heaven" by John S. Olson.
www.fanfic.net/pub/Anime/...-heaven.gz
is a link to a gzip archive (which should open up in your browser) with all extant material that I know of -- including a chapter 4 that I didn't know existed until today.
For those who don't know of this story, check it out. Highly recommended. And bombard the author with pleas to take it up again.

-- Bob
---------

Re: Dead Fics I'd Love To See Revived - Aleh - 02-05-2006

Yep. That's the one. Thanks a lot for posting that link.-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.

Re: Dead Fics I'd Love To See Revived - Bob Schroeck - 02-05-2006

No problem, it only took a minute with Google to find it. Of course, I knew what it was called.

-- Bob
---------

Re: Dead Fics I'd Love To See Revived - Vincent Ursus - 02-05-2006

Largo: Red Eyes and White Fangs by Benares. The writing could have used a beta reader, but even so. I though it was well executed.

Re: Dead Fics I'd Love To See Revived - bmull - 02-06-2006

I'd like to see more of is Turtyl's "Stepping Into Keiichi". The Prologue and Draft's of the first four chapters were posted to the ffml in November 1998 but I've not seen anything since then.
Brian

Re: Dead Fics I'd Love To See Revived - Bob Schroeck - 02-06-2006

Quote:
"Stepping Into Keiichi".
Oh, yeah, I remember that, and corresponded with Turtyl on it for a while. Turtyl even was active on these boards a while back, but I haven't seen him/her (? I can't remember) in a long, long time.
And that was one hell of a strange/cool idea -- a self insert not into Keiichi, but into the actor playing Keiichi in a live production of AMG in a world where Heaven is contracted to provide the special effects for the mortal actresses playing the goddesses, except that Urd's actress just might actually be Urd, and other weird twists...

-- Bob
---------

Re: Dead Fics I'd Love To See Revived - Aleh - 02-10-2006

Orange Gi and Miniskirts -- probably the only realistic DBZ/SM crossover ever written.-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.

Orange Gi and Miniskirts - deadpan29 - 02-10-2006

Do you have a link for that? Google is coming up empty.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.

Re: Orange Gi and Miniskirts - Aleh - 02-10-2006

Sure.-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.

Just thought of another one... - Bob Schroeck - 02-10-2006

The Eternal Lost Lurker's Ranmadate.

-- Bob
---------

Re: Just thought of another one... - classicdrogn - 02-11-2006

Spaking of which, does anyone but me also keep pronouncing that 'ran-mah-dah-tay?" Sometimes I think it might be possible there's such a thing as too much nipponophilia...
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Oh, and another... - Bob Schroeck - 02-11-2006

Rob "Kenko" Haynie's "The Virus" story, Cold Water Date. (Which I do not pronounce "cold wah-ter dah-tay", 'kay?)

-- Bob
---------

Just Thought Of Another One - Bob Schroeck - 02-16-2006

...and if you've never heard of it, scamper on over and read what there is of it.
The Gods Within by Scrivener.
A very, very different Evangelion altiverse.
How different?
Um, let's see...
Yui survived, Gendo didn't.
Kaji's married -- to Ritsuko. Who isn't a bottle blonde.
Shinji's confident and a bit charismatic. Asuka's shy and insecure and carries a robotic teddy bear. Rei is... very different.
Oh, and the special gift that makes them all the Children of NERV -- gives them superpowers.
And according to Scrivener, this is an altiverse born of a difference in a single binary choice somewhere in the past of Evangelion.
Unfortunately, he stopped writing it about five years ago.. And he hadn't finished enough of it to even hint at what that difference was.
But what there is of this story is damned good. Read it.

-- Bob
---------