Drunkard's Walk Forums
Crossovers That Should Be: Legends Dabon - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other People's Fanfiction (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Crossovers That Should Be: Legends Dabon (/showthread.php?tid=8290)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- Ebony - 10-11-2012

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Turn it into the beginnings of a megacrossover by making it Emmett Brown instead of Emilius... or perhaps they're relatives. Mm. Emelius would have to be in his 90s by that point, anyway.

Hm. More ideas. One or more of the children took up the study of the Brown-Price style of magic, which is suspiciously like Will and Word in implementation. They'd be in their 60s by Harry's era, so they might be the Elders of a large clan of wandless magic users completely unknown to the Ministry... And perhaps the Wizarding World is completely unknown to them until they meet Harry... who shows a talent for their magic as well as Wizarding magic. And of course there's a rogue member of the clan who'll give the Ministry a justification for some overblown and violent reaction to discovering their existence, and who teams up with Voldemort...

Hm. Where could you take this from here?
I would imagine that Browne and Price (and probably the children) would be on the list of rather prominent war heroes at the Ministry of Magic. They did, after all, stop a Nazi invasion of England during World War II, with the help of a rather prodigious number of museum pieces.

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

- Duane Peters - 10-12-2012

Ebony Wrote:
Bob Schroeck Wrote:Turn it into the beginnings of a megacrossover by making it Emmett Brown instead of Emilius... or perhaps they're relatives. Mm. Emelius would have to be in his 90s by that point, anyway.

Hm. More ideas. One or more of the children took up the study of the Brown-Price style of magic, which is suspiciously like Will and Word in implementation. They'd be in their 60s by Harry's era, so they might be the Elders of a large clan of wandless magic users completely unknown to the Ministry... And perhaps the Wizarding World is completely unknown to them until they meet Harry... who shows a talent for their magic as well as Wizarding magic. And of course there's a rogue member of the clan who'll give the Ministry a justification for some overblown and violent reaction to discovering their existence, and who teams up with Voldemort...

Hm. Where could you take this from here?
I would imagine that Browne and Price (and probably the children) would be on the list of rather prominent war heroes at the Ministry of Magic. They did, after all, stop a Nazi invasion of England during World War II, with the help of a rather prodigious number of museum pieces.

That's what I was thinking; Ms. Price would be a war heroine just slightly less famous than Dumbledore. (Or possibly more, as I think she did it entirely wandlessly...it's been a long time since I've seen the film.)

- Bob Schroeck - 10-12-2012

The Browne-Price style is very definitely wandless; and in a couple cases, such as for the "modern" manner of casting substitutiary locomotion, uses rituals in a way that approaches, but does not get nearly as complicated as, Hermeticism.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

- dark seraph - 10-24-2012

[Image: tumblr_m9hga4bYm71r9v99jo1_500.jpg]

I would read/buy it Tongue

- Jinx999 - 10-29-2012

Yotsuba and Gaijin Smash.

- RomanFanboy - 10-29-2012

Misread the forum.  Mea Culpa.
I've done some work on a Yotsuba/Detective Conan cross.

- Jorlem - 10-31-2012

Adventure Time!/Buck Rodgers

I don't think I need to go into more detail than that, do I?
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

- Jinx999 - 11-06-2012

I vill have you know that noone hav ever escaped from Stalag 13 Corporal Bilko."

- ECSNorway - 11-07-2012

Also starring Sir Derek Jacobi as Albus Dumbledore.

"I am the HeadMaster. You. Will. Obey. Me."

(See here for inspiration...)
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

- Jinx999 - 11-12-2012

Jigoku Sensei Nube and Negima.

- Jinx999 - 11-23-2012

Kamichu! and Spirited Away.

- SkyeFire - 12-13-2012

Seeing his impending death approaching, Kiritsugu Emiya contacts a non-mage he cooperated with sometimes during his Enforcer days, and asks this individual to check on Shirou once in a while.  It helps that this comrade-in-arms happens to have the same given name as Shirou.  His last name happens to be Takamachi.  Aspiring Hero, meet Ultimate Bodyguard.

When the Holy Grail War comes around again, it's going to be hard to say who's more surprised:  the TSAB contingent (including Shirou's "little sister," Nanoha), or the Magus community.

"UNLIMITED BREAKER WORKS!"

"I never copied a sentient Noble Phant-- er, Device, before.  So... what do we do with a dozen Reins?"

"SHIROU!  Your little sister can fly."
"Er... yes?"
"YOU can fly?"
"Wellll...."
"YOU.  Are going to convince her.  To TEACH.  ME."
"Eh, Tohsaka, I'm really not sure you want to do that..."

"...he just duplicated the Cradle."

"UNLIMITED CARTRIDGE WORKS!  There, Signum-san, will that fix your ammo shortage?"

- Sirrocco - 12-24-2012

Just a thought springing off of Valles's Fate/Silent Knight, many of the Knights of the Round Table could function as Servants in their own right. Lancelot, Galahad, and Gawain could probably be shuffled around to cover Rider, Lancer, and possibly Berserker (or perhaps Mordred as Berserker). You're pretty much out of luck on Archer, but Merlin is an obvious pick for Caster. What if, by mischance, all of them happened to be summoned for the *same* grail war? How does the Grail War get warped if basically all of the Servants know and lie one another and have no interest in fighting anything more than sparring matches?

- Jorlem - 12-24-2012

Sirrocco Wrote:Just a thought springing off of Valles's Fate/Silent Knight, many of the Knights of the Round Table could function as Servants in their own right. Lancelot, Galahad, and Gawain could probably be shuffled around to cover Rider, Lancer, and possibly Berserker (or perhaps Mordred as Berserker). You're pretty much out of luck on Archer, but Merlin is an obvious pick for Caster. What if, by mischance, all of them happened to be summoned for the *same* grail war? How does the Grail War get warped if basically all of the Servants know and lie one another and have no interest in fighting anything more than sparring matches?
Fate/Zero spoilers ahead, so fair warning.
Well, Lancelot was summoned as Berserker in the Fourth War, and his buried hatred for Saber was strong enough that, when his oaths (and mind) were stripped from him by Mad Enhancement, he was able to speak Artutia's name, and he attempted to attack her, even against his Master's orders.  I think there would be a good chance that the Knights of the Round Table could find reason to fight each other, if they so wished.
As for an Archer, why not Sir Tristan, and his Unfailing Bow?
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

- ECSNorway - 12-24-2012

I've seen a fic which had The Green Knight (Bertilak de Housdesert, of Sir Gawaine And The fame) summoned as Caster. (It was a Harry Potter crossover, I forget the title offhand but I can probably dig it up.)
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

- dark seraph - 01-12-2013

Based off a pic I posted in the WTF thread.

Becket: . . .

Castle: Oh my god this is so cool, it's bigger on the inside!

Doctor: *Grins*

Castle crossed with Doctor Who.

- Hazard - 01-12-2013

Likewise which should be, if only for the schadenfreude, Doctor Who on the Serenity. Meeting River Tam.

Dream Teams - SkyeFire - 01-12-2013

Team "Friendship is Awesome" :  Naruto, Nanoha, and Twilight Sparkle.  First, Nanoha Befriends you.  Then Naruto applies Therapy no Jutsu.  And Twilight just keeps tagging along trying to keep a reasonable lid on the crazy.  (Alternate team name:  Befriending is Badass)

Team Determinator (alternate: "Where Angels Fear To Tread"):  Ichigo Kurosaki.  Kamina.  Alto Saotome.  Shirou Emiya.  Utena Tenjou.  

Team Leadership (alternate: "Follow into Hell"):  Iskander (F/Z).  Optimus Prime.  Usagi Tsukino.  Leonidas.  Bellisarius.  James Tiberius Kirk.

- ECSNorway - 01-12-2013

SkyeFire: Add Miles Vorkosigan to Team Befriending. He's just too damn good at talking people into just about anything.

And then of course there's Team Sidekicks Are Awesome Too: Neville Longbottom, Ivan Vorpatril, Ron Stoppable, John Watson.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

- Bluemage - 01-12-2013

Hazard Wrote:Likewise which should be, if only for the schadenfreude, Doctor Who on the Serenity. Meeting River Tam.
It is.
A quick FF.net search found 79 Who/Firefly crossovers.  Only ten of them were of any real length, but one of those (The Man With No Name) comes recommended.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

- Duane Peters - 01-12-2013

I second Bluemage's recommendation; The Man with No Name is a *fantastic* story.

- SkyeFire - 01-13-2013

ECSNorway Wrote:SkyeFire: Add Miles Vorkosigan to Team Befriending. He's just too damn good at talking people into just about anything.

And then of course there's Team Sidekicks Are Awesome Too: Neville Longbottom, Ivan Vorpatril, Ron Stoppable, John Watson.
I was actually reserving Miles for Team Chibi, with Edward Elric   

No, I actually forgot to put him in Team Leadership... but adding him to Team Friendship as the brain-warping fast-talker of the group actually works. I'll put Aral Vorkosigan into Team Leadership.

I do lurvs me that Team Sidekick, too.  A team that is the Platonic ideal of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Badass.

And then there's Team Chessmaster (Alternate:  Team Xanatos):  David Xanatos himself, of course.  L, and the non-evil version of Light Yagami.  I would have added Batman, but he wouldn't return my calls.  Lelouch vi Britannia.  Danny Ocean.  

Team Knight in Tarnished Armor:  Klaus Wulfenbach.  Kiritsgu Emiya.  Captain Jack Harkness.  

Hm... I dunno if Master Chief should go into Team Determinator, or if I need to think up a new team made up of Professional Badass, as opposed to Stubborn Badass.

- classicdrogn - 01-13-2013

Monkey D Luffy might also work for Team Freindship - once he decides you should join his crew, resistance is pretty much futile. And add Honor Harrington and Carrot Ironfoundersson to Team Walk Through Hell. I'd put Vash the Stampede in Crouching Tiger Hidden Badass, except he's a main character, not a sidekick. Krillin definately belongs there, though - he blows away most of the Z big bads in one battle in the "breakout from hell" movie(? maybe GT arc?)
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

- Labster - 01-13-2013

I've been playing Portal 2, because someone got it for Christmas for me. So I've been thinking about "Ghost in the Chell: Aperture Science Complex", but that's more of a bad pun than a serious idea.

Then I read the latest Girl Genius, and Castle Heterodyne suddenly had the voice of GLaDOS. And well, I think Cave Johnson would fit right in with the other madboys, so I'll humbly suggest Girl Genius/Portal.
-- ∇×V

- ECSNorway - 01-15-2013

Hmm, Skyefire: Let me suggest adding 'Accelerator' to Team Knight in Tarnished Armor. I've been getting into To Aru Majutsu no Index lately, and he definitely qualifies.

We first meet him when we discover that he's been slaughtering literally thousands of clones of one of the series heroines, as part of an experiment to produce a higher-level ESPer... only to have him reform over a couple-three story arcs to the point where he becomes one of the main heroes of the cast.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.