Drunkard's Walk Forums
A lone microphone on a darkened stage and the spotlight is on... - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Introductions (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: A lone microphone on a darkened stage and the spotlight is on... (/showthread.php?tid=1047)

A lone microphone on a darkened stage and the spotlight is on... - Kurisu - 06-25-2008

(walks up to the mic, taps it twice to see if it's on, and waits for the feedback to settle.)

Hello, and thank you for coming to show.

Since I got things a little backwards and posted an honest observation before I made an introduction, I felt I should make one now.

(peers into the audience.) No, I won't play Free Bird.

I present myself for a moment's entertainment. Ask your questions, and I'll tell no lies.
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

- robkelk - 06-26-2008

Quote:Since I got things a little backwards and posted an honest observation before I made an introduction, I felt I should make one now.
No problems - I think I posted a half-dozen replies before I posted my introduction. You're doing just fine...

Quote:No, I won't play Free Bird.
No Free Bird? What's next - no Stairway to Heaven? 8)

Seriously, welcome! C'mon in and pull up a chair; I'm sure Bob will be along in a while to share the Forum Rules (both of them).
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

- Kurisu - 06-26-2008

Quote: robkelk wrote:

Quote: No Free Bird? What's next - no Stairway to Heaven? [Image: glasses.gif]

Didn't have to worry 'bout that one... (points to the sign next to the Air Guitar display case.)
_____

- Bob Schroeck - 06-26-2008

Quote:I'm sure Bob will be along in a while to share the Forum Rules (both of them).
Right! Here they are:

1. You don't talk about Fight Cl...

Um, no, that wasn't it.

1. Eggs, potatoes, grocery list gag...

No, that's not it, either.

Ah, there it is:

1. Have fun.
2. Play nice.

And welcome (again) to the Forums, Kurisu!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

- Bob Schroeck - 06-26-2008

Quote:Stairway to Heaven?
Didn't have to worry 'bout that one... (points to the sign next to the Air Guitar display case.)
Hey! Keep that door closed or those angels will start wandering in again! It took us forever to get rid of them last time, and then we had to find someone with the guts to toss Asuka out afterwards.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

- Star Ranger4 - 06-26-2008

Bah. It wasnt the tossing her out that was hard Bob...

It was the getting her to stay out. Seems she liked this place better than tormeting "spineless..."
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

- robkelk - 06-27-2008

Quote:and then we had to find someone with the guts to toss Asuka out afterwards.
Now, why does that remind me of chapter seven of http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~macspon/fanfic/#Ranma]The Replacement Ranmas?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

- Kurisu - 06-27-2008

(peers in to the crowd) Wait, Asuka's here? Dammit...

(walks off-stage to go install a Cup, and comes back)

Last time I had to deal with our sweet little Frauleighn was when I saw the Rammstein AMV 'Engel' and said I liked it. ...didn't think
she could lob one of those steins that far and with accuracy. (couldn't whistle for a week.)
_____