Drunkard's Walk Forums
Multiquoting - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Multiquoting (/showthread.php?tid=12589)

Multiquoting - hazard - 10-10-2017

I'm not able to do it. It might be Chrome, or it might be something else, but when I try to insert any quotes through the multiquote system the system won't even process the request.

RE: Multiquoting - Morganite - 10-10-2017

Can you describe what you're doing in more detail? Do you get any error messages?

I find the multiquote system here *weird*, but it seems to work once I figured out how to poke it.

-Morgan.

RE: Multiquoting - hazard - 10-11-2017

When I use the multiquote system and tell the reply box to insert the quotes it just hangs. I can keep doing things including composing a reply but it never inserts the quotes.

Reply doesn't have this problem, but that only does 1 post at a time and kicks me to a different page to write out my reply.

RE: Multiquoting - Bob Schroeck - 10-11-2017

I'll look into this.  A quick Google search seems to indicate that Multiquote problems are unfortunately common.

RE: Multiquoting - Spoilsport - 10-11-2017

Me Wrote:You can always take to using the code, instead of the buttons
Me, again Wrote:It will work - that's how I've done it in the past
It would be [ quote="person"] text text text[ /quote] (but without the spaces after the open bracket). What I wrote above would be like this:
[ quote='Me']
You can always take to using the code, instead of the buttons. 
[ quote='Me, again']
I think it will work - that's how I've done it in the past
[ /quote]

Huh. Looks like you don't need to close each quote separately. Neat. Oh, and "Preview Post" is your friend.

RE: Multiquoting - hazard - 10-11-2017

Sure, that's possible. And occasion I'll do it. But multiquoting is easier.

Also, quote nesting is an annoyance.

RE: Multiquoting - Morganite - 10-11-2017

(10-11-2017, 05:12 AM)hazard Wrote: When I use the multiquote system and tell the reply box to insert the quotes it just hangs. I can keep doing things including composing a reply but it never inserts the quotes.

Reply doesn't have this problem, but that only does 1 post at a time and kicks me to a different page to write out my reply.

If you press the quote button first, then reply, does it still fail?

-Morgan.

RE: Multiquoting - robkelk - 10-11-2017

(10-11-2017, 07:21 PM)Morganite Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 05:12 AM)hazard Wrote: When I use the multiquote system and tell the reply box to insert the quotes it just hangs. I can keep doing things including composing a reply but it never inserts the quotes.

-Morgan.

(double-checks)

It fails for me. It doesn't hang, but the quotes don't show up in the edit box.

RE: Multiquoting - hazard - 10-12-2017

(10-11-2017, 07:21 PM)Morganite Wrote:

-Morgan.

Yes.

I mean, the reply button works properly and quotes the post I'm replying to, but nothing else. If I try and quote multiple quotes, tell the forum to insert them and press, for example, the preview button no quotes are inserted.