Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Lurker appears
A Lurker appears
Since I have popped my head above the surface I might as well introduce myself before I disappear again. 

My real name is Mark Chamberlain.  I don't mind whether people use my name or alias or some variant of either.  Whichever is less likely to confuse me with someone else.

A few sentences about me.

Musically Meat Loaf, Kylie, and Roxette top my favourite groups.

In TV I prefer relatively straightforward action shows like Airwolf and Streethawk,  Supernatural shows like BTVS and Charmed and Sci-fi Shows like B5 and original BSG.  In terms of Anime I particularly enjoy BGC and GhostHunt along with Shadow Skill, Noir and Sakura Wars.  80's cartoons are also firm favourites and I'm old enough to have enjoyed them the first time around.

In literature beyond the fan fic recommendations and Twisting The Hellmouth, Honor Harrington is my current reading material.

It has gotten late in the UK so I'll stop for now and see if I can think of anything interesting for tomorrow.

Mark

Hello, and welcome!

Looking at your list of likes, I think you'll fit in well with the rest of us in the asylum... er, the forum...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Welcome, Mark! 
Be aware that we have but two rules here at the Castle Anthrax Drunkard's Walk Forums:  1)  Have fun, and 2) Play nice.  Simple and easy to comply with -- I don't think anyone's ever been kicked from the forums except for spammers.  So dive on in and have fun.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Thanks for the welcome.

I generally stick to the fanfic recs forums (as well as checking for updates to the actual DrunkardsWalk story Forums) so I don't expect to be a regular contributor. I will post if it looks like I've found something which the other posters have overlooked, but my tastes appear to be sufficiently common that the majority of fics will be posted here before I could have found them naturally, and the rest are posted soon after.

This is a good site, its just rare that I have something to say that hasn't already been said. I just wish there were more hours in the day so I could read everything.

Mark

Tell me about it. That's got to be the best part of being unemployed -- having that extra time to read.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.