Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be 26 -- More bad ideas for a new era
RE: Crossovers That Should Not Be 26 -- More bad ideas for a new era
(05-30-2024, 12:43 PM)Jinx999 Wrote: When the SLDF followed Kerensky beyond the Inner Sphere, they ended up finding worlds inhabited by strange and dangerous creatures. Eventually they formed clans named for these creatures and took them as symbols, role models, guards . . . and friends.

Battletech / Pokemon.

<surprised Clan Pikachu face>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
But can you pokeball a battlemech, that's the real question if you're taking the idea seeriously. And if battlemechs can even compete with a large or powerful fire-type, meaning any preteen with a bit of luck wandering around the countryside throws their whole eugenics class system out the airlock. And too, there were already a few very large Pokemon, even with Steel typing like Magnezone, Steelix, Bronzor, Metagross, or the Easter Island head one - what pokemon have developed to compete with battlemechs strength-to-strength rather than via type advantage?

For a more whimsical take, hot Omnimech on Wailord action when? Tongue
--
‎noli esse culus
Tinker, Tailor, Sailor, Spy, by John le Carré and Naoko Takeuchi
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(05-31-2024, 05:46 AM)robkelk Wrote: Tinker, Tailor, Sailor, Spy, by John le Carré and Naoko Takeuchi

Tinker, Taylor, Sailor, Spy, by John le Carré, John "Wildbow" McCrae, and Naoko Takeuchi.

(Let's see what kind(s) of insanity that produces! Big Grin )
North Korean rapper Lil' Kim Jong Un
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(05-30-2024, 12:43 PM)Jinx999 Wrote: When the SLDF followed Kerensky beyond the Inner Sphere, they ended up finding worlds inhabited by strange and dangerous creatures. Eventually they formed clans named for these creatures and took them as symbols, role models, guards . . . and friends.

Battletech / Pokemon.

Kinda says something about my tastes when I was so badly disappointed when I realized this was in this thread, and not the new fanfic one. :-) Though part of me wonders how hard it would be to adapt the tabletop game to this idea...and another part is thinking of something like Gammarauders or Zoids, where the Mechs *are* giant Pokemon, with cockpits and other devices grafted to them...
(Yay Clan Vulpix, of course. :-) )
"This! Is! Sparta!"
[explosion]
"For me, it was Tuesday."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(05-31-2024, 08:12 AM)Tennie Wrote:
(05-31-2024, 05:46 AM)robkelk Wrote: Tinker, Tailor, Sailor, Spy, by John le Carré and Naoko Takeuchi

Tinker, Taylor, Sailor, Spy, by John le Carré, John "Wildbow" McCrae, and Naoko Takeuchi.

(Let's see what kind(s) of insanity that produces! Big Grin )

Tinker, Taylor, Sailor, Spy, by John le Carré, Wen Spencer, John "Wildbow" McCrae, and Naoko Takeuchi.

I see you and raise you Elves from Pennsylvania.
SEZ
BZG
"Big Bird! Showtime!"
– Roger Smith
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Call of Duty: Azumanga Ops

[Image: __mihama_chiyo_azumanga_daioh_and_2_more...69cfc0.jpg]

Source
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Minerva Meganekko
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Tom Clancy's Hello Kitty

[Image: bnrtP9d.jpg]
SEZ
BZG
Here's a potential crackfic idea that came to me in an admittedly weird dream that I had recently:

A Worm/Pretty Cure crossover in which human versions of the Endbringers become Pretty Cures.

Now, I just need to figure out who should comprise the villain group and what their motivations are...

(And imagine the sheer chaos that would inevitably ensue... Big Grin )
(06-11-2024, 07:39 PM)robkelk Wrote: Call of Duty: Azumanga Ops

[Image: __mihama_chiyo_azumanga_daioh_and_2_more...69cfc0.jpg]

Source

before I read your caption, my first thought was "Penny from Inspector Gadget is done messing around."

[Image: NreWSwj.jpg]
[Image: QzLWcW6.jpg]