Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YouTube borked?
YouTube borked?
Sometime between mid-day-ish EDT and maybe 10pm, opening any YT video freezes that page and starts writing a runaway browser cache file that I have to kill with System Monitor even after quitting Firefox. Anyone else having this problem? I did already update 'fox but it's still doing the same thing.

Edit to add: Note that that's a runaway cache file despite also keeping 'fox from sending or receiving any network data, at least according to System Monitor's IO graph.

It's the Ubuntu version specifically, since I am still running off a liveUSB, having failed to fix my previous system install but still not quite willing to nuke it and start from scratch, and still not having gotten around to clearing off the actual case and opening it up to replace the secondary SSD for experimental "taste testing" installs that failed while trying to find one that would work with the goddamn GeForce 3060 whose driver update started that whole problem to begin with.
--
‎noli esse culus
RE: YouTube borked?
I haven't seen anything like that happening for me, but I'm using Chrome on Windows 11. Sounds like it might be specific to your setup.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: YouTube borked?
Ugh, marvypoo. A power user I am decidedly not.
--
‎noli esse culus