Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For all you Verizon customers out there...
For all you Verizon customers out there...
I've recently started training as a Verizon Technical Support Representative through KGB USA (formerly known as Infonxx).
Now, unfortuantely, I'm not troubleshooting for internet.  I'm handling plain, ordinary phone service, however... I have every intention of moving into the FiOS side of the house as soon as they'll let me.  (That may be pretty soon, given how they're hiring left and right.)
Once I do get there... I'll be more than happy to help out any Verizon FiOS customers.  Just don't expect me to divulge anything that isn't publicly available knowledge.  I will say this: public utility commissions on the East Coast play a real mean game and sometimes demand some pretty damn odd things.

A US Seaman (or PO) working with the KGB? Just stay right there while I call up McCarthy. =D

Best of luck in the Tech Support world! Enjoy all the irate customers yelling in your ear.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

I wish you a mountain of patience and an ounce of tolerance.
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

For your own sanity, I hope you have a decent telephone contact system at Verizon. I tried to get in contact with Virgin Media yesterday, and after ten minutes of "press 1 for getting a runaround, 2 for being put on hold indefinitely, 3 for being patronised by a machine, 4 for being told that this shit is to provide good customer service, 5 for the coded GPS coordinates for the location in North Korea you have to hand deliver any complaints too . . . ." I got a mite testy.

All I need is for you to tell me that Verizon is rolling out FiOS in the Rochester NY area.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

From what I understand, Verizon has an automated troubleshooting assistance system that will try to help you fix things yourself... but eventually you can get a person on the phone. I think it will even offer you the option.

Tomorrow I'll be Y-cording with someone for a bit before I start taking calls, so I have no idea with how many truly irate persons I'll be dealing with.

Honestly, though... I have no problem with angry customers. If that's what my job description entails, then I have no issue with it. What really yanks my chain is angry bosses. True story: I had a supervisor at a McDonalds on the overnights that just could not keep herself in check. I would be taking money and handing out orders in the drive through all while she would be screaming at me, much to the horror of the customers outside. They would even wish me well in dealing with that before they drive off. Of course, I never see any of those guys again.

Chances are pretty good though that I won't be dealing with that sort of issue here, though.

And I have no idea when or if Verizon is gonna roll out FiOS in Rochester. I can ask around, though.