Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Once again it's that time of year...
Once again it's that time of year...
... when I let the forums know that we're going to be off on our annual beach house vacation come the end of the week.

The problem with our air conditioner (which turns out to be a simple fix that requires a part that wasn't in stock and had to be ordered) is making prepping for the trip more difficult than it usually is, but with luck we'll manage.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Once again it's that time of year...
<sigh> Having had to crash at my mother-in-law's for the last week while we wait for a part necessary to repair our dead A/C has made prepping for the trip quite a bit harder than usual. Here's hoping we can get on the road on time come Saturday.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
we know what else it is, this time of year...

Happy Birthday, Bob!
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Thank you, Rob.
-- Bob

Hipy papy bthuthdth thuthda bthuthdy!
Whoa, I'm not days late for once! Happy birthday!
--
‎noli esse culus
Thanks, both of you.
-- Bob

The car is 97% packed, we're gathering the last of the "need'em almost 'til we leave" supplies, and check-in (two hours away) is at 3 PM. We're actually starting this one relaxed and on time. Yay.
-- Bob

(06-29-2024, 10:18 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: ...  We're actually starting this one relaxed and on time.  ...

Is that allowed?

Smile
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Apparently so, even if it's not a documented execution path.

Amazingly, we even got free ice cream from the real estate agent when we picked up the keys.
-- Bob

And I forgot to note that we were back on Saturday. But I have an excuse, as I woke on Saturday morning with a sore throat and I've generally been under the weather for a couple days now.
-- Bob

Hope the trip itself went well. 8)
It did, in fact, thank you. A number of things all came together nicely -- first, it was in the high 70s F with almost no humidity for most of the week while the rest of New Jersey was suffering 90-100 F and high humidity. A college friend who was also my best man (34 freaking years ago) finally was able to join us as we'd been trying for him to do for some ten years now. And my sister drove in for a day to hang with us as well.
-- Bob