Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Faking Hoaxer is back!
The Faking Hoaxer is back!
Well, he re-established his YouTube channel a few years ago, but has done little but repost some of his best pieces and a few teasers. But tonight he posted the first video in a two-part... something linking the 1965 Barwell UK meteorite with the Barwell Noise.

For those not familiar with the Faking Hoaxer, he's well known in certain circles for the disaster, "paranormal" and UFO videos he makes, along with "making of" videos showing how he made them. In particular, his UFO videos have frequently been lifted by "investigators" who blur or crop out his logo and present them as real. His channel can be found here.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: The Faking Hoaxer is back!
I recall seeing a plausible argument (as in crosschecking locations and install dates with recordings made around the sites) connecting similar low-frequency rumbles to natural gas pipelines, as a two or three parter on one of the debunker channels. That's not really any more reliable than any other uSpud save as far as it passes Occam's Razor compared to whatever supernatural woo, b ut the p[oint is that it does pass it. I wonder where the nearest is to Barwell.
--
‎noli esse culus
Well, whatever is going to happen in part 2, it's not likely to be a simple scientific explanation. <grin>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
So he hasn't posted part 2 yet, but he has posted a few more things over the past three weeks. Here are some of them, starting with a warning/manifesto:

The next is one he deliberately made crude and lacking his usual logo to see who would steal it and post it as real. (No word back on that, yet.)

This one just came out an hour ago as I write this. It's another "let's see who steals it and claims it's real" challenge, although this time his watermark is apparently faintly buried in the footage:

After work today I'll have to go through his channel and pick a few classics to share here.
-- Bob

New video that in a minute and a quarter presents convincingly faked footage, some of the far less convincing work footage, and a blink shot of his desktop with "20 minutes work" superimposed.

And the description at YouTube reads, "Not great work but lets see if it bites with those who reupload and claim it's real."

-- Bob