Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated DW FAQ
Updated DW FAQ
The DW FAQ File has been updated to include a revised estimate on the completion of DW5, and a new question about the possible connection between Doug and the Marvel Comics character "DJ".

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....
Re: Updated DW FAQ
I noticed a paragraph under that "revised estimate":
Quote:
Beyond that, I have not yet decided which Step I will address next. While working on Drunkard's Walk V I also began writing Drunkard's Walk VI, but other stories are calling to me, such as the Sailor Moon Step. Ultimately, I may take a poll of my readership, to find out what people would like to see next.
Here's my vote: Write what your muse prompts you to, Bob. This is for fun; if you start writing what you think other people want you to write, then it runs the risk of not being fun any more.
(If we were paying you, it'd be a different story... )

Edit: Oh, yes - this FAQ should probably be updated with a mention of this, assuming you're at all interested in a few extra pennies every so often...
-Rob Kelk
"Actually, my goal is to write neat stories. The money just makes it possible for me to write them faster and then buy neat toys."
Ryk E. Spoor, 7 November 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
...And you still need to send SJG a blurb about yourself, Bob... Smile
--Sam
"You broke my cure for cancer! My unstoppable seven-step plan for world domination!"
I do?

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....
Quote:
Here's my vote: Write what your muse prompts you to, Bob. This is for fun; if you start writing what you think other people want you to write, then it runs the risk of not being fun any more.
Well, the thing is, I can't decide what to do next (not that I have to yet, but...). Everything is equally fun and equally attractive.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
I do?
If not, then somebody hasn't updated the e23 website, specifically here
Quote:
Robert Schroeck
Is this you? Please send us a blurb about yourself!
and here
Quote:
Peggy Schroeck
Is this you? Please send us a blurb about yourself!
-Rob Kelk
"Actually, my goal is to write neat stories. The money just makes it possible for me to write them faster and then buy neat toys."
Ryk E. Spoor, 7 November 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Ah. I'll have to take care of that.
Thanks.

-- Bob
---------