Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter 13 Teaser, #4
Chapter 13 Teaser, #4
She slid between the sheets with a hiss of silk against satin."Lights out," she murmured, and the apartment computer complied,obedient, faithful.Faithful.For years, GENOM has been her creed, her catechism, her god. She had been its good and faithful servant, and had been rewarded with paradise on earth.In the dark, as she drifted into the threshold between wakefulness and sleep, Kate could admit to herself that it was no longer enough. Her faith was dead. Her god was a hollow idol.And what had seemed Paradise was as much a prison.And even though she could never acknowledge it while fully awake, not even to herself, she didn't care any more.Absolute good.Absolute evil.When it came time to make a choice, she knew what side she would be on.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: Chapter 13 Teaser, #4
you are an bad, bad man for taunting us like this... not that you should stop or anything... i just wanted you to know where your post-death place was being prepared... i'm sure you'll be in very good company with gryphon et. al. Smile
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
Re: Chapter 13 Teaser, #4
*wimper*
Actually, going to the same place as Bob, Gryph, et all would be considered Heaven to many."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children