Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sailor Moon: BISHOUJO SENSHI
Re: Sailor Mercury: Bishoujou Senshi
Quote:
"Luna, it's spelt b-l-o-n-d-e... not b-l-i-n-d."

Actually, it's probably spelled "bu-lo-n-du", but let's not quibble, eh?

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
Neko Angel Luna!
I had tried spending some of my free time trying to accomplish some physical training, incidentally. I'd ditched the idea of weight training, since that would stunt my growth - I remembered that from my brother trying weight lifting when he was about this age. My parents had let him go ahead despite the 'stunted growth' thing, since he was past six foot by then and anything that stopped him growing like a weed was a good thing in their books.
I'd also had to give up on any type of martial arts training, since Bunny's clumsiness, probably puberty related, was not at all understated in the cartoon. Let's just say I hadn't tried chewing gum while walking - it would probably be hazardous. So my physical training regieme was most limited to some running - for reasons besides being late for school I mean.
Since that left me with a bit or two of spare time, I devoted much of itover the next couple of days watching Amy, Luna's suspected Sailor Scout. I knew the truth of course, or at least thought that I did, but there had been a couple of instances already where matters hadn't gone exactly according to the script for the cartoon, so double-checking the facts wouldn't hurt any, I guessed.
Amy was a pretty girl, I noticed, although perhaps not quite so much with those reading glasses on. That's just my opinion though. Also, she spent a whole lot of time studying and it was paying off dramatically for her - she had apparently aced every subject she studied, earning the top scores across the country.
Rumour (okay, Melvin) had it that her IQ was 300, which wasn't even possible if I understood the scale correctly - not that it mattered. She was bright enough to stand out. Bright enough to get a bit of resentment. Not that takes much in a junior high school - why do teenagers have to have such sensitive prides?
"You know that new cram school, Crystal Academy?" Melvin asked our little lunch group on the second day I'd been stalking Amy.
"You mean the snobby one?" May asked.
"Yeah," Melvin agreed. "Girl Genius Amy goes there!" he announced.
I considered that fact. It matched my recollections - plus the word 'Crystal' would have sounded alarms anyway. "That's the one near the arcade, isn't it?"
"That's the one," Melvin confirmed.
"Daddy said it's really expensive," May interjected. I supposed that that might have explained a little about how Jadeite, presuming that it was him, was funding his operations.
"Well Amy's mom is a doctor, you know," Melvin told us, safe in the knowledge that we probably hadn't know that fact.
"She's smart and rich..." Molly mourned, "It's not fair..."
I made an inquisitive noise and she looked at me in surprise. "Bunny?"
"Your mom's well off," I observed mildly. "And you get pretty good grades too. Should I resent you for that? I'd just like to be clear."
Molly blushed.
"But she's kind of snobby," May objected. "All she does is study... she doesn't hang out at all!"
I shrugged my shoulders but said nothing. There could be a great many reasons besides snobbiness for that behavior, of course, but erasing petty prejudice from the world would take greater power than any I've ever wielded. In any event, it was time to go back to class.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Re: Neko Angel Luna!
Quote:
I knew the truth of course, or at least thought that I did, but there had been a couple of instances already where matters hadn't gone exactly according to the script for the cartoon, so double-checking the facts wouldn't hurt any, I guessed.
Always a good idea.
Quote:
Amy was a pretty girl, I noticed, although perhaps not quite so much with those reading glasses on.
Speaking of matters not going exactly according to the script for the cartoon...
She didn't wear glasses in the anime until the "Ami Special" in SuperS, which isn't canon, or "Sailor Stars", which is. (Yes, I'm sure. Trust the Sailor Moon fan with an online meganekko gallery...) I assume this is either something from the manga, or an intentional difference.
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Re: Sailor Mercury: Bishoujou Senshi
Quote:
Actually, it's probably spelled "bu-lo-n-du", but let's not quibble, eh?
"Luna, it's spelled bu-lo-n-du... not bu-lai-n-du."

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:
I assume this is either something from the manga, or an intentional difference.
The glasses are from the first pictures of Amy in the manga. I don't know if they ever reappear so it's pretty obvious that she isn't significantly long or short sighted, therefore I'm arbitarily dubbing them as reading glasses. She's probably fractionally longsighted or something - not enough for a problem unless she reads
all the time
She also walks around while reading, which from personal experience is:
a) not safe around moving obstacles (e.g. people)
b) bad for your neck
D for Drakensis

Quote:
She didn't wear glasses in the anime until the "Ami Special" in SuperS, which isn't canon, or "Sailor Stars", which is. (Yes, I'm sure. Trust the Sailor Moon fan with an online meganekko gallery...) I assume this is either something from the manga, or an intentional difference.
Or it shows influences from the live action version, where she does wear glasses all the time when not in Senshi form...

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
She also walks around while reading, which from personal experience is:
a) not safe around moving obstacles (e.g. people)
b) bad for your neck
Can't comment on B, as it never bothered me, but A is quite trivial if you have decent peripheral vision. (So says the man with experience.)

-- Bob
---------
Heck, I used to walk around my junior high backwards while reading a book or with my eyes closed, avoiding people by sound. Why backwards? because with a flgiht of stairs to go up and/or down between each class, two to the cafeteria, my legs got sore going forewards, and going backwards let my use different muscle groups. Why eyes closed? Not to show off, but because I used to get naty migraine headaches two or three times a wekk, until they finally settled out a few years later so I always have a low-level one, just enough to make me hate bright lights and sunny weather, with one or two days a year free of it. And everyone thinks I'm kidding when I complain about it being a bright, sunny day without a cloud in the sky.... mild to heavy overcast is what I like, thanks, really, and even if it's raining or snowing lightly. Sunlight makes my eyes feel like they're on fire, and my skin itch unless I cover up. I HATE it, with the buring fury of, well, a thousand suns.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
A kung-fu nun in a leather thong was no less extreme than anything else he had seen that day. - Rev. Dark's IST: Holy Sea World
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:
The glasses are from the first pictures of Amy in the manga.
Gotcha.
Quote:
She also walks around while reading,
Hmmmmm... "And competing in the Olympic 500m women's obstacle-course-walk-while-reading, we have Ami Mizuno, Yomiko Readman, ..."
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:
Hmmmmm... "And competing in the Olympic 500m women's obstacle-course-walk-while-reading, we have Ami Mizuno, Yomiko Readman, ..."
absolute genius!_______________________________
"We few, we happy few. We band of buggered"
I got another set of grades to take home that afternoon and I hoped that the slight improvement would keep Mom pleased and off my back about 'Bunny's' changed personality.
Amy, I had noticed, walked at least part of the way home by the same route that I did. That afternoon I was trailing along unobtrusively behind her when her routine was disrupted by a jet black furball jumping onto the top of her head, startling both of us.
A familiar jet black furball, at that.
"You scared me, kitty," Amy chided Luna gently as the cat perched herself in the crook of the girl's elbow. "My parents'll never let me keep you," she added reluctantly, stroking Luna's whiskers and then rubbing her cheek against the black fur of Luna's side. "You're so soft," she giggled.
Well so much for the snobby theory, I concluded. She must just not be very outgoing - I could relate to that in spades, and it would match my expectations.
Luna spotted me and bounded out of Amy's hands. She would have landed on my head if I hadn't reflexively stepped back and caught her against my chest. (And as a quick aside, weird as it seemed, despite the age difference, Bunny was just as well 'developed' as Buffy. The wonders of an anime world, I guess.)
"Hi Luna,," I greeted her. "Made a new friend?"
"Oh," Amy said, naturally concluding that Luna could neither understand or reply to me and that thus the remark was directed at her. "That's your kitty? What an angel!" Then she went red in the cheeks as she realised that she was gushing.
I grinned and scratched at Luna's ears. "I suppose that that depends on your view of angels; the ancient Egyptians might have agreed with you. I'm Bunny - and you've met Luna, of course."
"I'm Amy," she replied, a little uncertainly. "I didn't recognise you with your hair like that."
"Oh? People keep saying that I look different," I said. "I don't see much of a difference myself."
Luna chose that moment to jump away from me and run for an arcade a little further up the street. I'd not given the place a second glance until now, but this time I saw that the word 'Crown' was written above the glass doors. Ah, perfect. Pre-Me Bunny's favorite hangout - the place that would be harder than anywhere but my home for me to hide my presence. And Luna was going inside. How perfectly horrible.
"Luna!" I groaned. "That darn cat - always tempting me away from my homework." I turned to Amy. "I suppose I'd better go look for her... would you like to come along? She might condescend to play with you if she's feeling generous..."
D for Drakensis

Sailor Moon: BISHOUJO SENSHI
Inside the arcade, I saw no sign of Luna, but I was recognised by one of the attendants who was able to tell me that Luna had been hanging around for a week or so - since a few days before I met her in other words. However, he hadn't seen her come in... and since I'd probably be best off waiting here for her to return, would I like to have a go on the Sailor V Fighter game.
Did I mention that I'm not a big fan of video games?
"Sure," I said cheerfully. "How about you, Amy? Have you ever played this game?"
Amy shook her head and said, "I've never played a video game before."
I feigned shock. "What? Never?" When she flushed a little and studied the floor I chuckled and tapped her under the chin, to make her look up and meet my eyes. "Well why don't you have a go first, then. If you don't try, how can you tell if you like it or not?"
Well, I'm not sure exactly how much fun the poor machine was having, but after one round to warm up, Amy was trouncing all over it. By the time she ran out of lives there was quite a crowd gathered too oooh and aah over each level cleared and they cheered as her name was installed in bright lights right at the top of the high scores board on the machine. I was quite impressed - she'd come very very close to getting double the previous high score.
"Not bad," I said, with a wink to mark the obvious understatement. "You're really good."
"Thank you," she said, but a rattle from the machine almost drowned out her words and something clunked out of the opening in the side of the machine. "Hey," Amy said in surprise. "I guess I won a prize."
"With a high score like that?" I replied drily. "I'd say you earned a prize." The prize - a pen - was a match for the game - pink and glittery, with an ornate golden setting on the cap.
D for Drakensis