Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gryphon is in the Hospital

Good news! Gryph's getting moved out of the ICU - he was going to be moved yesterday, but, uh, they didn't have a room for him anywhere else. He's no longer on IV painkillers (and not happy, the oral stuff is apparently not doing a great job).

He also posted a picture from his time in the ICU to his twitter feed. Was not expecting that.

But yeah, he appears to be improving considerably. They have him moving around, he's using the lavatory. (Five years ago when I was in for far less difficult surgery - gall bladder removal - they did the same thing for me. making sure I moved around, got out of bed, sat in a chair, stuff like that. Oh, and measured 'output'.)

...and you can, if you like, read his own words on it at http://www.eyrie-producti...cs/DCForumID11/1097.htmlBrazil has decided you're cute.

And Gryph is now home in the Untamed Boringness of Millinocket, having been released earlier today.Brazil has decided you're cute.

Excellent. Hope recovery proceeds as well from here as it has been so far!

Great news!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Gryph heard from the doctors today about what they took out of him.

I quote:

"The mass was, in fact, cancer; however, "the margins are clean" (quoted phrase, unsure of its precise significance though a good bit can be glarked from context, I suspect) and he thinks they got it all, so he's not gearing up for any further oncological intervention at this time."

Gryph was in the can at the time, his mom took the call, so precisely what it was waits for the 29th of this month to ask the doctor in person.Brazil has decided you're cute.

Talienas Wrote:... however, "the margins are clean" (quoted phrase, unsure of its precise significance though a good bit can be glarked from context, I suspect) ...
That means that all of the edges of what they cut out of him were not cancerous.

And that means they didn't leave part of the cancer in his body. (If they did, they would have needed to operate again.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

WHEW!!!  That's a relief...