Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ch. 14 Concordance
Ch. 14 Concordance
Greetings!
The Tazmanian Devil's quote came from "Devil May Hare" (1954) the debut of the Tazmanian Devil.
Here's an excerpt of the summary of that cartoon from Looney Tunes and Merry Melodies: A Complete Illustrated Guide to the Warner Bros. Cartoons by Jerry Beck and Will Friedwald:
Quote:
A stampede of animals fleeing from the Tasmanian Devil runs past Bugs's hole. While Bugs looks up the beast in his encyclopedia, it enters his home and makes ready to devour our hero. Bugs stalls by offering to help find a menagerie of creatures to consume. First, they dig for groundhogs. Bugs gets him covered with dirt. It does no good as he instantly reappears and growls, "What for you bury me in the cold, cold ground?"
Hope this helps!
-Zack Seaholm - Anime fan, Weathernut, worshiper of the goddess Belldandy.
"Trust is the wellspring of joy in our lives."
--Belldandy
Zack Seaholm - Anime fan, weathernut, worshiper of the goddess Belldandy.

--Belldandy
Re: Ch. 14 Concordance
Thank you, Wxnut! Next time I update the Concordance, I'll add that, with a proper credit for your help.

-- Bob
---------
"Flan on!" -- The battlecry of the Human Dessert
I also have a dim memory of Taz saying the famous quote after Bugs tricks him into getting into his own cauldron, rivets the lid on top, digs a hole, and drops the cauldron into it. The cartoon opens with Taz escaping when his crate is dropped by the dock crane. Don't recall the title, though.
Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
I think you're talking about "Bill of Hare" (1962).Zack Seaholm - Anime fan, weathernut, worshiper of the goddess Belldandy.
--Belldandy
Zack Seaholm - Anime fan, weathernut, worshiper of the goddess Belldandy.

--Belldandy