Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firefox Portable?
Firefox Portable?
Does anyone here have experience using Firefox Portable?

For various reasons I'm not going to rant about here, it looks like I'm going to have to use Firefox for something. I do not want to have to install
yet another piece of software on my already overloaded machine, and it's my understanding that Firefox Portable can be run from a Jump Drive. Can
it be run (and run well) from a Jump drive, or do you need something a little heftier than that? Does it only take up 25MB? Does it overstress the
"mother machine"? Anything to look out for? Basically, does it work as advertised?

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
Firefox Portable
I used it right after it came out, and it did work as advertised. At the time, it still wrote a few registry entries, but that was still at version 1.x so
I'm pretty certain that it doesn't now. I still have the old version on my Palm LifeDrive, and the only reason I don't use it more frequently is
that the physical connector isn't dependable.

Quote: Balentius wrote:

I used it right after it came out, and it did work as advertised. At the time, it still wrote a few registry entries, but that was still at version 1.x so
I'm pretty certain that it doesn't now. I still have the old version on my Palm LifeDrive, and the only reason I don't use it more frequently is
that the physical connector isn't dependable.

Thanks very much for the info. It's working quite well for me too. : )

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia