Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FUNimation owns my soul now o/
FUNimation owns my soul now o/
http://www.animeondvd.com/news/pr.php?pr_view=1436

Quote: First Titles Scheduled for Release in Late Summer

FLOWER MOUND, July 03, 2008 -- FUNimation Entertainment, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Navarre Corporation, and Geneon Entertainment (USA) Inc., a leading
producer of Japanese animation, announced today their partnership to distribute select DVD titles in North America.

Under the terms of the agreement, FUNimation Entertainment obtains the exclusive rights to the manufacturing, marketing, sales and distribution of
established Geneon titles, including international successes "Ergo Proxy", "Hellsing Ultimate" and "Black Lagoon".

Among the first titles to be released includes the special edition of "Hellsing Ultimate", directed by Tomokazu Tokoro and produced by Satelight
("Aquarion" and "Baldr Force EXE Resolution").

Follow up releases include "Black Lagoon Second Barrage", "Karin", "Kyo Kara Maoh Season 2", and "Lyrical Nanoha".

"Geneon is a strong producer, known for excellent production and quality of its anime series," said Gen Fukunaga, president and CEO of FUNimation
Entertainment. "We are pleased to partner with them and we are committed to the successful release of these series."

"FUNimation's momentum as the leading anime distributor continues to build," said Yushin Soga, president and CEO of Geneon. "We are sure
this partnership will only grow the prominence of our portfolio."

Additional titles include: "Black Lagoon", "Elemental Gelade", "Fate Stay Night", "Kamichu", "Ninja
Vixens", "Paradise Kiss", "Rozen Maiden", "Rozen Maiden Traumend", "Shana", "Shonen Onmyouji",
"The Familiar of Zero", "The Story of Saiunkoku", "When They Cry", and "The Law of Ueki".

About FUNimation Entertainment

FUNimationĀ® Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Navarre Corporation, is the leading company for Japanese animation in the United States. FUNimation
is known for acquiring top-rated anime series from Japan and for being the market share leader for home video sales of anime in the United States. The
company has a proven formula for launching and advancing brands, and manages a full spectrum of rights for most of its brands including broadcasting,
licensing, production, internet, and home video sales and distribution.

About Navarre Corporation

The Navarre Corporation is a publisher and distributor of physical and digital home entertainment and multimedia products, including PC software, DVD video,
video games and accessories. Additional information is available at www.navarre.com.

About Geneon Entertainment

A leading supplier of Japanese animation in North America, and the recipient of the 2006 "Best Anime Company" by the Society for the Promotion of
Japanese Animation, GENEON ENTERTAINMENT (USA) INC., is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based advertising giant Dentsu, Inc. Geneon Entertainment primarily develops
animation properties for release in North America on DVD and new media.

About Dentsu Inc.

Dentsu Inc., founded in 1901, is the largest advertising agency brand and the fifth largest marketing and communications organization in the world. Based in
Tokyo, the group has more than 6,000 clients and more than 15,000 full-time employees in both Japan and in its offices overseas. Consolidated sales for
fiscal term 03/07 were recorded at $17,738 million. Dentsu is publicly quoted on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (Code 4324).
Ive publicly station I would worship whatever company gets the right to Nanoha and brings it stateside... ><

Also, it'll be nice to finish my Rozen Maiden set
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed

Assuming you can. "[M]anufacturing, marketing, sales and distribution of established Geneon titles" doesn't say a thing either way about translating various remaining episodes.

Mind you, they're bringing Kamichu! back into print. That's a Good Thing.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

From what I understand of the situation... Funimation has taken over the titles.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

robkelk Wrote:Assuming you can. "[M]anufacturing, marketing, sales and distribution of established Geneon titles" doesn't say a thing either way about
translating various remaining episodes.

Mind you, they're bringing Kamichu! back into print. That's a Good Thing.
Ā From what I remember hearing of RM and Nanoha, those shows were already finished (or contacted to be finished, and they were) before Geneon's implosion. So basically they're sitting as a DVD master somewhere
- Clow Reed

Oh, small note from earlier this week FUNimation licenses Heroic
- Clow Reed

Funimation....they did the Pokemon dubs, right? Or was that 4Kids?
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

I hope they don't censor the shows like they did with Gunslinger Girl [Image: frown.gif]
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

Funimation did DBZ, 4Kids does Pokemon and Naruto, iirc
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Quote: Foxboy wrote:

Funimation did DBZ, 4Kids does Pokemon and Naruto, iirc

I really can't associate FUNi with DBZ much anymore. Their current line of releases has gotten a LOT better than their early days. I honestly wanted
them to license Nanoha the first time around, rather than Geneon
- Clow Reed
Look what else FUNi's got...
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ion-titles]Over 30 ADV titles, including Sgt. Keroro, the second season of Ah My Goddess, and Welcome to the NHK.

They must have wisely invested that DBZ money (unlike ADV, who blew through the Evangelion money pretty quickly...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

They're still making tons of DBZ money, courtesy of the remastered box sets which have been apparently selling spiffily (including to me). And then next
year will be the Blu-Ray. ;p

Which is really a shame, because ADV's BGC 2040 releases have some of the best commentary tracks I've seen.

Full Metal Panic's commentary, by contrast, is all in Japanese. O.o
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Quote: FUNimation @ Anime Expo (06:54 PM EDT): The FUNimation panel at Anime Expo went off this evening as Adam Sheehan took to the stage with what's going on
with the company:

# Darker than Black will arrive on 11/25/2008 for the first volume as it's going to be released in singles.

# Adam confirmed that the Geneon follow-up volumes for series that didn't finish will be done in a way that you can
finish out your existing artboxes without problems.

# Negima OVA and "season 2" don't have firm dates but they're looking to get it going this year.

# They restated again that they intend to have Geneon titles into distribution by the end of August and have no exact plans yet for the Sojitz titles that
were released by ADV Films but want to get them out this fall.

# Ouran Host Club was initially delayed due to a wait on the materials but also the acquisition of digital rights for the series.

# Pricing on Geneon titles for singles will be consistent with earlier releases, but they will be lowering prices for the collections to something more in
line with what FUNimation does.

# It was indicated that for the ADV Films titles from Sojitz, they will be working to be consistent with the cover design/artwork for the remaining volumes.

# Kodocha may not be entirely dead in the water as they're trying to figure out a way to get the rest of it out as they don't like to drop series.
Good. I was worried I wouldn't be able to ever finish my Rozen Maiden box!
- Clow Reed