Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funimation preps for Evangelion 1.0 "You Are (Not) Alone" dub release
Funimation preps for Evangelion 1.0 "You Are (Not) Alone" dub release
Trailer's already up for the dub

Apparently, theaters across North America have been scheduled to
screen it as well.

Naturally, aside from a bunch of anime conventions, only a handful are in the US. Of course, all the Canadian showings are one day only specials.

Nonetheless, nifty looking, and at least this means it'll get released on DVD here. Big surprise, given how much GAINAX's managed to re-release the old
TV series since its debut.

EDIT: Youtube trailer was yoinked, so I dug up the link on Funimation's website instead. Better quality, anyway.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

The theatre link is annoying -- although it's a valid URL it'll turn up a 404 page. Just use the site search for "eva 1.0 american screens"
and it'll be the first hit.

I'm disappointed that there are no showings on the East Coast other than Boston. I'd be willing to travel to see this in a theatre, but not quite that
far.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Yeah. The closest showing to my location is Seattle, or alternatively, Canada. Either's quite a bit more hassle than I'd be willing to go to in order
to see it in a theater.

Frankly, I'm just glad it confirms that they're releasing it in English. Given how long it took to cross the Pacific, I was wondering if the Eva cash
cow train had finally run out of steam over here in the States.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Quote: OpMegs wrote:

Yeah. The closest showing to my location is Seattle, or alternatively, Canada. Either's quite a bit more hassle than I'd be willing to go to in order
to see it in a theater.

Frankly, I'm just glad it confirms that they're releasing it in English. Given how long it took to cross the Pacific, I was wondering if the Eva cash
cow train had finally run out of steam over here in the States.
I was at the FUNi panel at AB when they announced the cast. I can confirm they did contact every one of the previous voice actors and tried to get
them to reprise their roles. Only managed to get Shinji, Misato, and the director's cut Gendo.
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed

Quote: CrimsonKMR wrote:

I was at the FUNi panel at AB when they announced the cast. I can confirm they did contact every one of the previous voice actors and tried to get them to
reprise their roles. Only managed to get Shinji, Misato, and the director's cut Gendo.

Huh. Funny considered how much Shinji's VA is on the record as to how much he hated the part and Asuka's VA liked the part so much she
reprised her role for free for a bunch of fan produced radio plays.

---------------------

Epsilon

Reading the EVA manga, finding he actually enjoys it.

Quote: Epsilon wrote:

I was at the FUNi panel at AB when they announced the cast. I can confirm they did contact every one of the previous voice actors and tried to get them to
reprise their roles. Only managed to get Shinji, Misato, and the director's cut Gendo.

Huh. Funny considered how much Shinji's VA is on the record as to how much he hated the part and Asuka's VA liked the part so much she

---------------------

Epsilon

Well, thats what they SAID. Might have had contractual problems, or something else that we will probably never know about
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed

Quite right -- it could have easily been something as simple as scheduling -- "Sorry, I'm committed to project X when you want me for this. I have no
flexibiliy, do you?" "Nope, sorry."
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote: Epsilon wrote:

---------------------

Epsilon

Ah yeah. It doesn't help that he's, in his own words, "typecast constantly as effeminate, pre-pubescent boys". I find it hard to
hold against him disliking the role if he had to do End of Eva. I'd be looking at the paycheck and wondering if it
was worth it after getting to voice Shinji for that. :lol
---
waste."