Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be: The Academy.

Prime's size/power class would most likely be Ultramagnus, the four land based Dinobots, maybe Jetfire... all of which are heavy hitters. In terms of raw
power the Dinobot outclass Prime... they actually disengage Unicron as it quickly occures to Grimlock that while they can smack Unicron around and likely
win... it will directly result in Cybertron being a planet sized scrapheap and mass grave. Unicron's face after the Dinobots sucker punch him in the
equivalent of kidneys is priceless. The thing is Prime has a literal few million years of combat experience on them. Prime also has a taste for politics. At
one point the hyper upgraded Frimlocks intelligence and he was miserable. He ended up draining his own hyper intelligence and dumping it in the combiner he
made, Computron.

Now if we don't just have Prime empty the Matrix into the Kyuubi, instead of bribing the Shingami to stuff it into a newborn's bellybutton or
sacrifising the charge on the Matrix to bribe the Shingami into doing something useful, The MoL is only good for three things. 1. Upgrading the guy holding it
into a Prime, 2) Seaking a vision quest counsil of advise with past primes, and 3) one shot Omega beam spam... at which point it ends up drained for like EVER.
The Matrix is basically the aterlife for Transformers. You die and your spark goes into it or is gone forever. Starscream and the physical manifestation of
Worse Idea EVER Rampage excluded. Its power source is raw information basically. It takes at least hundreds of thousands of years or something and hoards of
dead transformers to recharge the thing... wenll until the humans got involved and fed it the internets, civilian and military. That is if it didn't take
millions of years to charge the first time. I'm not clear on that point.

Now if you consider that its only the top 5-8% of ninja that can ever hope to summon a major Boss Summon in the first place... and they have to get on a
contract after that. Then calculate that it takes signifigantly more chakra to summon the really, really, big guns... the limiting factor is that its
basically impossible to get that much chakra without a hoard of Kage level guys on the same contract or a massive FMA style sacrifice array. The limiting
factor is an impossiblely high chakra requirement.

If we take an arbitrary value from a fanfic, the Kage bushin (singular) takes 500 times as much chakra as a regular bushin. Lets say that includes two copies
of a bushin so 250 chakra to make a shadow clone without leaving it active to do stuff and 1 point of chakra for an academy level clone. Now the mass version
of the Kage bushin is apparently risking lethal drain at 5-10 clones going full out for a few minutes. Mainly because your going to spend 250 chakra points
and at 8 thats 2000 CP then your remaining reserves get spread equally. So lets say another 500 CP for a jonin. Thats 2500 CP at average Jonin, ignoring
price reduction for control ability. Naruto can make 1000 of them and have them spend chakra freely. That means 250,000 points to pull off that initial
summon and even more to power the things for hours (elemental nature training.) This means post time skip we are talking at least a 1,000,000 CP modified by
control. Add in that passively regenerates chakra each round... you get a clear message that Naruto can basically out power the Hoover Dam at that point and
that ignores the red chakra. In other words the requirement is that you must have chakra on par with a minor biju AND be on a summoning contract.

On the otherhand... I get the idea that Naruto summons Fortress doesn't get the headmaster with it.... which means Naruto goes splat and goes off the
strangle the Toad Sannin after his legs unbreak themselves.

Meta-comment: I'm looking at some of the replies, replies to replies, replies to replies to replies, etc., and thinking we're spending a heck of a lot
of brainpower on crossovers that "should not" be... Maybe some of these more-popular ideas should get their own threads?

Just thinking out loud here...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Sounds like a plan to me. Go for it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

If anybody wants to keep working on it, sure.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Meanwhile, back at the thread:

He-Man/Highlander: Masters of the Princes of the Universe

...which leads us to Aubrey-Maturin/He-Man: Masters and Commanders of the Universe

--Sam

"Gravity is a harsh mistress."

Wouldn't that be He-Lander?
-- Bob
---------

...Touche.

Some Summoning Contracts that Should Not Be:

Pokemon

Muppets

Cthulhu Mythos (do not kuchiyose that which you cannot put down!)

Burning Legion demons (Warcraft)

Shikima (pretty sure that's been done at least once)

Tribbles/Chtorrans

Moogles

Sailor Senshi (Rei: "Usagi? Why did you set this stupid contract up?!")

SCPs

Sparks

Doctors ("Jelly baby?")

Universal Monsters

Rabbits (Boss summon: Bun-bun)

--Sam

"I'm going to throw a chimney at them..."

You forgot Saiyans, WEAPONs, Tyranids, Zerg, Anti-Spirals, Borg, and the Hibiki family.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

If you try to summon a Hibiki, you'd best be prepared for him to appear halfway across the continent and run out of chakra before he can find you. Smile

--Sam

"The Elemental Countries are a dark and lonely place."

Naa. He'd appear right there... but if you even so much as BLINK...
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Quote:and the Hibiki family.
Why not? Some of the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibiki]Hibiki family look to be pretty darnded useful...
--
Rob Kelk

Huh. That page is missing Go Hibiki, one of the more recent versions of the character called "Speed Racer" in English. I've long felt that
there's some giggle-inducing crossover possibility there, btw, if he's got the same problem as his cousin. I just could never come up with a good,
concise, clever name for the concept.
-- Bob
---------

You mean Go Mifune. Go Hibiki is Dan Hibiki's father.

--Sam

"DAN DAN BOOT TO THE HEAD!"

...I coulda sworn I saw "Hibiki" in a big coffeetable book on Speed Racer a few years ago.

I stand corrected.
-- Bob
---------

A summoning contract for muppets.

Kermit finds himself in this strange new place, and discovers that he is to be a nin-frog. Well, all right then. He faces it with his normal, froggy
determination.

"So... what kind of ninja are you?"

"Well, um.... I don't really know yet. I suppose... I suppose I should start with what I'm good at. Do you have any green ninja?"

"There is this one pair."

(afterwards, Kermit, panting desperately) "It's not easy wearing green."

The summoning turns whatever into a ninja?! Summon Bolo! (Does a really good disguise as a small mountain; then his battle board lights up and he does a really
good disguise as an erupting volcano -- with millimetrically targeted lava and pyroclastic clouds.)
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Quote: DHBirr wrote:

The summoning turns whatever into a ninja?! Summon Bolo! (Does a really good disguise as a small mountain; then his battle board lights up and he does a
really good disguise as an erupting volcano -- with millimetrically targeted lava and pyroclastic clouds.)

Given the genre, you're more likely to get a short squat Chinese man. Not that he wouldn't be good to
have around.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Team Rocket Girls

("Mangosteen, I choose you...to get me to orbit!")
--
Rob Kelk

Quote: Maybe some of these more-popular ideas should get their own threads?

If you want I can do an extended search and dig up all of those... many are my fault anyway.

As for the Muppet summoning contract... three scary words:

Genjutsu Master Gonzo.

Quote: Necratoid wrote:

Quote: Maybe some of these more-popular ideas should get their own threads?
Genjutsu Master Gonzo.
*Shatters*

So glad I wasn't drinking anything.

Additional summingings that should not be: Vorlons and Shadows

Speaking of which, my prompt for coming to this thread was the sudden thought that thank goodness Saturday Morning was never corrupted with Babylon 5 Babies. Because the thought of
some kind of weird Muppet Babies/Rugrats/Babylon 5 cross makes me want to hide my sanity (what's left) somewhere safe.
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.

Actually, just the thought of all the diplomats, plus higher ups of the station staff, as rugrats fills me with a crazed sort of glee. (^_^)

There's an idea to make me shudder and twitch.

Miles Naismith Vorkosigan, Barrayaran ambassador to Babylon 5.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Justy Tylor, Commanding Officer, Babylon 5
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"

My reaction to watching the first episode of ICT today was "Hmm...he's kind of like Onizuka in space." What would they be like in each
other's shoes?

Pronounced "shy guy."