Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Can Has ROFL Nyao? Or, The ROTFLMAO of the Catgirl

robkelk Wrote:
Timote Wrote:from RPG.net's Motivational Poster thread

http://forum.rpg.net/show...&p=16054003#post16054003

So, for those of us without RPG.net accounts, what's it say?
*blinks* doh, hadn't thought about that.
Ok, so 1 person had tossed out a poster showing the Knight Sabers, in their suits with the visors open (Looks like Nene has blonde hair so it's the remake designs)
The text on the poster says: 
Quote:The Knight Sabers
F*ck Iron Man!
Then someone responded with a poster of Robert Downey jr dressed as Tony Stark with the text:
Quote:Tony Stark
is pleased with this turn of events

RomanFanboy Wrote:One of the things I enjoy about John Biles's Mai-Hime Future story is that his cast includes a Jack and a Bobby who are almost exactly the opposite of Jack and Bobby Kennedy. (Biles is a Catholic and probably a Democrat.) The only way for him to improve the joke would be a thin, teetotal Teddy.

Myself, I dislike Disney movies, particularly Pocahantas. At the time, John Smith (not the one in Mai-Hime or Haruhi), was a balding, red-bearded middle-aged soldier. IIRC, he'd seen service in North Africa against the Moors, but I'm pretty vague on that. Pocahantas was twelve. (There was no love story between the two. Pocahantas did later end up involved with another man when she was older, and I think I remember that it wasn't the happiest of situations.)

On the other hand, I quit Stars Wars with the novel of Movie III. As I started with the YJK and JJK books, I haven't liked what I've heard has happened in the EU since, so I'd welcome another reboot there.

The positive side is the possibility of Kingdom Hearts with Lightsabers.

At worst, from my perspective, they'll set lawyers on Star Wars fanfic. At best, I doubt Disney will be able to make it better than Lensman, Skylark, and most of the other things that 'Doc' Smith did.
I think you might be in the wrong thread...
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Timote Wrote:
robkelk Wrote:
Timote Wrote:from RPG.net's Motivational Poster thread

http://forum.rpg.net/show...&p=16054003#post16054003

So, for those of us without RPG.net accounts, what's it say?
*blinks* doh, hadn't thought about that.
Ok, so 1 person had tossed out a poster showing the Knight Sabers, in their suits with the visors open (Looks like Nene has blonde hair so it's the remake designs)
The text on the poster says: 
Quote:The Knight Sabers
F*ck Iron Man!
Then someone responded with a poster of Robert Downey jr dressed as Tony Stark with the text:
Quote:Tony Stark
is pleased with this turn of events
Yeah, that's so VERY Tony.

The only other response I could see from him is "When, where, and in what order?"
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

A friend sent me a link to a craigslist ad, which I screencapped, as those only stay up for a week or so.  (Warning, political) 
Link
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Jorlem Wrote:A friend sent me a link to a craigslist ad, which I screencapped, as those only stay up for a week or so.  (Warning, political) 
Link
I do hope you clicked on "best of craigslist"...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

robkelk Wrote:
Jorlem Wrote:A friend sent me a link to a craigslist ad, which I screencapped, as those only stay up for a week or so.  (Warning, political) 
Link

I do hope you clicked on "best of craigslist"...
I have now.  Didn't even notice the link until you pointed it out.  Here's the link to the post, if you want to do so as well.
-----

No good. Flagged for removal now.
ETA:  Argh.  My brevity is causing confusion.  The link above to the ad for a speechwriter no longer goes to the ad.  Instead, it goes to a notice that the ad in question has been flagged for removal.  I did not mean that any post in this thread was no good.  Sorry for any confusion.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

No good. Not funny.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

It's very funny. Mind you, I'm looking at it from the outside.
--
Rob Kelk

I've been playing Lego Batman 2 and one of the cutscene had this conversation between Joker and Lex Luthor, while they appear to have Batman and Superman on the ropes.

Joker (concerned): "Wait, if you kill Batman, who will I have to play with?"

Lex (consoling): "There's still Robin. He'll probably put on the suit and say he Batman."

Joker (depressed): "It won't be the same."

Bob Schroeck Wrote:No good. Flagged for removal now.
ETA:  Argh.  My brevity is causing confusion.  The link above to the ad for a speechwriter no longer goes to the ad.  Instead, it goes to a notice that the ad in question has been flagged for removal.  I did not mean that any post in this thread was no good.  Sorry for any confusion.

Well, I'm glad I screencapped it, then.
-----
From the Omake at the end of Chapter 3 of 'Iruka-Sensei'...
After Iruka realises that there's no way he can avoid having Naruto taking him out during the genin test, he contacts his old team-mates for help...

Quote:Iruka shrugged. "I have no idea. But that's not the issue. I have to face my students tomorrow for their final exam. I can handle them, but – one of them has a highly unusual technique that – immobilizes me," he said in a defeated voice. He gulped his sake.
Kotetsu shrugged. "Is that it? What? You want us to help you train or something?"
"In a manner of speaking," he said as a dangerous light glinted in his eyes. Iruka's fist clenched and the saucer in his hand shattered. A drop of blood escaped his clenched fist. Izumo and Kotetsu looked unnerved by his actions.
"Uh, Iruka—?" Izumo began to ask hesitantly.
A large wallet was dropped onto the table, making a heavy thud that announced it was all but overflowing with money.
"In there is a significant part of my life savings. You have permission to spend every single coin in order to properly prepare me for this technique," Iruka said in a deadly calm voice.
"I still don't know what you want us to do," Izumo said, while Kotetsu picked up the wallet, hugged it to himself and began cooing to it.
"Sexy-no-jutsu! It is a powerful but flawed technique. I know how to defeat it!"
"Sexy-no-jutsu?"
"Yes! A technique developed by Uzumaki Naruto. Its purpose is to defeat perverts by overwhelming them with unexpected lust therefore producing a sudden lack of blood pressure to the brain, causing faint and/or dizziness. I am ashamed to admit that it can defeat me. But no longer will I allow it to do so. I will surpass my limits!" he said finishing in a loud yell that startled Izumo and Kotetsu.
"In order to defeat this technique I must surpass every single shred of prudishness I have. I will become the ultimate pervert!" His eyes turned dangerously to his comrades. "And you will help me. You will take me to every tavern, brothel, strip club, geisha house you can think of! You will expose me to the most debased, vile, kinky acts imaginable! You will immerse me in levels of sin and debauchery heretofore unthought-of!"
There was a deadly quiet power in the air that was shattered by the sobbing of one Hagane Kotetsu.
Izumo turned to his friend. "What the hell is wrong with you?"
"I have waited – so long – for this day!" he managed to say in between bouts of sobs.
Iruka merely looked down in disgust at his comrade.
"Idiot."
The rest of the omake is just as amusing... Iruka Sensei - Chapter 3

The last three words of this strip, taken in context.
--
Rob Kelk

From a comment on EqD, on why iTunes won't allow countries other that the US to purchase season 3 of MLP:

Quote:"We don't want your smelly non-American money. We might catch Bolshevism! And as far as we know, you use flat stones and dried sheep dung as currency anyway."
At least that's what it says in the official iTunes FAQ. Then they start talking about witch burning. It's kinda weird.
-----

Without Steve Jobs to guide the Cult of the Apple I guess they lost more of their direction than I thought... then again it could just be plague containment rules kicking in.

And she did. Unfortunately, traffic laws existed for a reason, and one of those reasons was 'if you suddenly turn in the middle of the road, someone might be going the other way and slam into you'.

Both vehicles were big, heavy ones, travelling fairly slowly, so the collision wasn't really a major one. No one went flying, they both just sort of ground to a stop next to one another, probably some dings in the body but they should still be drivable.

War of Kings Chapter One, by Pale Wolf

http://www.fukufics.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6991

Apple is probably very close to Bolshevism anyway, as American Corporations go. It certainly isn't Anti-Communist to any notable degree. The true reason most likely has to do with export controls and restrictions. Probably someone just wrote one of the contracts somewhere for sales in America. Why stick closely to it? Apple sells a lot of hardware in America that they import from PRC and elsewhere, and they would want to stay on the good side of Customs and related organizations. That, and they probably don't want to get sued, and selling in markets you don't have the contract for opens you to that. Legal not ideological. Insofar as I can discern ideology, Apple is hard left or left compared to the American center.

If you are talking about currency transactions, there is an alternative to weakness of a non-dollar currency. This is crazy talk, pulled out of nowhere with no basis in any real world evidence. Suppose Apple pays its bills in dollars, and that it anticipates potential for great weakness in the dollar. It might decide that mechanisms for transactions in other currencies pose too much of a risk. Otherwise unexpected weakness in the dollar might alter all of the other exchange rates, which might be especially bad in a misimplementation. Assume it has been implemented properly, including something for the correct exchange rate. At a rate of 1 Yen per Dollar, or 200 Dollars per Pound, purchases would get very attractive for buyers with that currency. One says, well, it can't be a bad deal for Apple, because the stock is digital, and hence has minimal transactions costs, and one doesn't have the opportunity cost of physical inventory. Suppose that Apple has contracts specifying that they pay in dollars per unit sold. Suppose that for extreme currency rates, potential sellers of dollars decide to halt or limit selling them, in case things turn around. Then Apple could potentially find itself in default on a contract, despite having money on hand, because it can't get enough of it in dollars. Actuarial science might be able to estimate this chance.

I'm also a bit weak on finance, and haven't looked at what Apple has shown of their books, so I can't say how good of a shape they are in. (Apple is, IIRC, a publicly traded company, so you should be able to look up their filings with the FEC.)

Maybe I'm full of it. Maybe the poster on EqD was wanting to pay in Zimbabwe* money.

From the latest chapter of The Eyes Have It (Naruto Sakura AU)
Quote:The thick envelope that Sakura was presented with by the Hokage himself threw all three of them for a loop.
Slowly, and with obvious bewilderment, Sakura reopened the obviously pre-read missive addressed to her in crisp, nearly mechanical handwriting.
Haruno Sakura-san, it read.
As I write this, I do not do so with any true expectation. The persona of 'Minoru' I crafted was false, and therefore no accord made with or by this fictitious persona is binding for either of us. However, should you be inclined or unopposed to the idea of keeping the correspondence you discussed during our time, I would certainly return the sentiment.
The current climate in Kumogakure is satisfactory for training purposes. My physical health remains impeccable, as do that of my unit and immediate blood relations. What I did today was classified. What I did last night was classified. Yesterday afternoon I had a late lunch of yakisoba. It was adequate. That morning, I trained, after doing something that was also classified.
I expect that you and your unit and immediate blood relations are in a similarly acceptable state of health. If you are not, I am told that I should offer my sympathies instead of requesting the culprit behind your hypothetically impaired state and wreaking vengeance upon him or her until an equal or greater amount of damage has been incurred, even though I still believe that my initial instinct would be more practical.
The fate of the compromised operative Satoru is classified. I am, however, permitted to relay that before he met said fate, he was properly disciplined for his actions towards you. I personally oversaw these measures, and can assure you that they were fully appropriate. I feel partially responsible for the tension, stress and exhaustion you suffered due to our actions. I formally offer my apologies, and have attached a restitution package, composed from categories that I have been informed are attractive to individuals of your gender and age group.
If I do not receive a response within a three-month period, I shall assume that you either do not wish to continue this correspondence or did not receive it, at the discretion of your leaders.
Eichi
Sakura refolded the letter, blinking behind her glasses.
"It's like somebody just gave him a dictionary definition of stuff you write letters about and he used a checklist," Kiba noted. He and Shino had been shamelessly reading over her shoulder. "Not gonna lie, I'm kind of wondering what the apology gift is like."
The Hokage gestured to an open box that had not been on the grand desk when the genin had begun reading. Sakura pulled it into her lap as Shino began inspecting the letter more closely. Sakura assumed that it had been thoroughly examined for traps or bombs, so she didn't hesitate to dig a hand into the package. Her fingers wrapped around something smooth and cyclindrical.
She pulled it out, and noted by its shape and the rattling sound it made that it was a pill bottle. "Vitamins?" She guessed, mystified.
"Sugar-based chakra-supplements," the Hokage corrected, and Sakura thought he seemed entirely too amused about all of this. "I gather that it's of an especially fine quality, from what the lab analysts said."
"Sweets," Kiba ticked off.
The next thing that Sakura pulled out was a flat, unmarked envelope half-filled with seeds.
"Mountain lilies," the Hokage specified, puffing lightly on his pipe. "Not exactly rare, but they should be able to thrive here with a little extra care."
"Flowers," noted Shino. "Though they have not been grown and cut before being given, as is the custom."
The third piece of the 'restitution package' was, strangely enough, what appeared to be a set of steel-plated brass knuckles. For a moment all of them seemed stumped as to how that would appeal to a young girl, before Kiba set forth a theory.
"Maybe…jewelry?" he guessed. "Rings? Shiny stuff?"
It made as much sense as anything else. Sakura thought that was the end of it, but one last swipe dislodged a thin sheet of what felt like photography paper. She withdrew it, and promptly went red and tossed it back in the box. On either side of her, she heard her teammates make the same, slightly enraged, slightly disgusted noise in the back of their throats at differing levels. Sakura couldn't say that she shared the sentiment.
The photo, from what she had seen, hadn't been of the best quality. It seemed to have been taken by a low-grade reconnaissance camera, and the background was fairly blurred. What it did have, however, was a fairly well positioned shot of Shi in the middle of peeling his shirt off during what Sakura could only assume to be training. She stared around the room, clearing her throat now and then until it felt as though she could speak normally.
"Well," she said, packing everything back into the small box. "Well. That was very… Well, he certainly tried his best. Um..."
It was all a dream ... or nightmare....
The 2009 novel Freedom Bird, by Allan Cole and Chris Bunch, comes with an unusually sweeping variation of the "all persons are fictional" disclaimer:

All of the people, places, times and events depicted herein are wholly and completely fictional, including Ronald Reagan, LSD25, Haight Street, Ashbury Street, the entire Year of 1967, the City of San Francisco and the State of California.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

From chapter 64 of Dreaming of Sunshine:

Quote:Above our heads, Jiraiya and Kakashi-sensei were exchanging looks, seeming to have an entire conversation.
"Right,"
Jiraiya said. "I can't keep Tsunade-hime waiting." He shook his head
with a sigh. "You kids do seem to land yourselves right in the middle of
some serious messes."
"You don't know half of it," Kakashi-sensei
said with a sigh. "I've been gone for a week and come back to find
they've done an A-rank without me."
Any other time, I would have been all over that opening, but I found I just didn't have the will for mischief right now.
But Sasuke smirked. "Three," he said. "Technically, we did three A-ranks without you."
Kakashi-sensei stared.
"One of them started about… half an hour after you left," Sasuke added.
"Stop talking," Sensei instructed. "Just… stop."
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8326169/1/H ... nce-People
A Naruto story in which Naruto is basicly left alone for two months while Ero-senin does spy things, (Naruto is known as Satou Naruto in the town) a section from chapter fourish:
Quote:"Why you are hunter-nin anyway? You don't look evil enough to like it in Kiri. Is that it, you became hunter so you wouldn't have to spend time in Kiri?" Satou speculated and it made Taiki feel unease, and then anger because of the unease. He hadn't ever thought of his career choice in those terms and he wasn't going to start now.
"Where "like" entered the equation? I am Kiri's property, no more and no less," he reassured himself. Like his country was during the winter, colourless and featureless as the snow covered the world, he was snow white and snow cold, with little but his registration ID to tell him apart from a hundred others. He had a function to perform and before this unfortunate incident he had performed it without a flaw. He had hunted his every quarry down, even his two genin teammates, and their red had mixed with the winter white. No-one who graduated from Kirigakure Academy could ever be sentimental. So what of it if he sometimes felt like he had died a while ago and just not noticed?
"Not you too. Just like Haku was, what it is with that place?" Satou groaned, though the question wasn't really addressed to anyone. Taiki briefly wondered who Haku was, but didn't ask, and then Satou continued already: "You know what, you need some attitude adjustment. This is for your own best. So you insist on being property, fine, then I'm stealing you!"
"What." Just a single word. He couldn't even manage a questioning note to tag to the end of it.

There's a Voyager SI on spacebattles called 'A Shipload of Fools' where the SI has been trying to instill some common sense into the command crew (with mixed results)

Earlier when Holodeck characters were holding crew hostage (I think it was the Holographic Seska holding Chakotay ep), his response was to use a phaser to blow out the power grid for the holodeck (and the rest of the deck)

Quote:A few weeks later the Fair Haven holoprogram malfunctioned and suddenly the VI characters could detect the 'abilities' of the Voyager crew. When I heard they had captured Tom and Harry(of course) I simply raised my eyebrown before walking to the nearest weapon locker only to be almost tackled by B'Elanna.

“Oh no! NOT again. I am not rebuilding the entire powergrid on that deck again!”

“Well, we got to do something! Just shutting the thing down dont help so i'm pulling the plug.” I say as I turn to face her and she nod

“Agreed, but not with a damn phaser overload again. After last time we rebuilt the powergrid I installed a manual bypass in the holodecks powergrid. Go to Jefferies tube 34, subsection 12-A and you can pull the plug. It will however seriously disrupt any program running at the time. We are going to need to rebuild Fair Haven again...I was hoping we wouldnt need to.”

Nodding I turn to Janeway “Captain?” and she hesitate before giving me a nod

“Do it.”

"Elves do not have all the fun. It takes too long to get them drunk." - Morwen Pendragon explains why her(?) HP/LOTR crossover will not be Harry/Legolas

http://m.fanfiction.net/s/5637414/1

ETA Seconding 'She Blinded Me With PolSci' above, because Tazer Girl is best Avenger.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

From Amber & Emerald a HP (almost crack!Cliche!)fic, when introducing Gringotts' preferred law firm:

Quote:"I don't think most muggle lawyers would so open about their legal strategy. I mean, Gripsack and Twist? Ouch."

From "How to Win Friends, Influence People, and Start a Secret Ninja Organization":
Quote:
Quote:From Cleaning Supplies to Warfare; How to Prepare Your Own Explosives, a Training Manual in Kayakujutsu.
Ten minutes and Naruto was hooked. 
OhGodohGodohGodohGodohGodohGodohGodohGodohGodohGodohGodhavemercyuponusPLEASE!!!!!!

SkyeFire Wrote:From "How to Win Friends, Influence People, and Start a Secret Ninja Organization":

Quote:

Quote:From Cleaning Supplies to Warfare; How to Prepare Your Own Explosives, a Training Manual in Kayakujutsu.

Ten minutes and Naruto was hooked. 

OhGodohGodohGodohGodohGodohGodohGodohGodohGodohGodohGodhavemercyuponusPLEASE!!!!!!
If there ever was a target audience for the Anarchist's Cookbook, it's Naruto Uzumaki.

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."