Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be XIII: The Horrors, The Horrors...

...depending on how you played it, that could actually be fairly interesting, Bob.

Mahora Crime Scene Investigation Club. Wink
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

CSI: Narnia?
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Our gaming group is about to start this one:
"In the criminal justice system of Sigil, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the Harmonium who uphold the Law and the Mercykillers who mete out Justice. These are their stories."
Law & Order: Planescape.
I'm looking forward to it, personally.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Ebony Wrote:the Red Shoes
... once again demonstrating why fairy tales are not for children. That's worse than Cinderella's stepsisters cutting off their toes or heel to fit into the glass slipper...

I rather like the Kate Bush song by the title, though. Granted it's at two removes from the source, and dropped all the religious aspects in favor of a "be careful what you wish for" style storyline.

In other news... If Ranma got his hands on Kamen Rider W's Double Driver, could he use it by him/her self? I think I'd rather see him as Decade, though, or perhaps DiEnd - mimicking/stealing other people's moves is basically his thing, but DiEnd's reliance on a pistol weapon (The DiEnd Driver is actually not a belt buckle, and not only does he lose the transformation if disarmed, an enemy who takes it can themselves henshin to DiEnd) is really not Ranma's thing. Maybe Mousse could be DiEnd - he's mostly a ranged-type anyway.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

[Image: DorkTower1025.gif]
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Little Orphan Annie/Mai HiME. Like the tin says, it Should Not Be. For extra demerits, include Kamen Rider 555, where the monster species is called "Orphenochs."

While I'm on a Rider Kick! how about Buffy the Fangire Slayer? and then there's Familiar of ZerOOO, which http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7518163/1/F ... _of_ZerOOO]actually exists. And wonder of wonders, is of competent technical quality, though I make no assertions as to quality otherwise, and it carries the extra burden of being an SI where the character's OOO cosplay suit gets turned real while being summoned... read if you dare, I guess. Still should not be, even if the author manages to carry it off.

Ranma 1/2 would actually fit into the rival-schools-of-music-performance-martial-arts setting of Kamen Rider Hibiki or vice versa without much trouble, you need to add something like Violinist of Hameln or Princess Tutu to really break brains.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

ClassicDrogn Wrote:... Ranma 1/2 would actually fit into the rival-schools-of-music-performance-martial-arts setting of Kamen Rider Hibiki or vice versa without much trouble ...
Kamen Rider Hibiki Ryouga?
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:
ClassicDrogn Wrote:... Ranma 1/2 would actually fit into the rival-schools-of-music-performance-martial-arts setting of Kamen Rider Hibiki or vice versa without much trouble ...

Kamen Rider Hibiki Ryouga?
"Why is it that no matter where we hide our bases, he still shows up?"

Quote:Kamen Rider Hibiki Ryouga?
Exactly! There's even the anger management issues, perhaps to too great an extent if you go by the AR-World Hibiki in Decade.

Narutaki: "This too, is all Ranma's fault!"

So... Genma Saotome, itinerant sneak-thief, also Kamen Rider DiEnd?

Actually, within Kamen Rider continuity entirely... what kind of Yummy (the OOO minions of the Greeed bosses, powered by human desire) would be created from DiEnd? Would it be double-power-up bad like when a Shinkenger monster of the week stole the Diendriver?

- CD
--

Ah! Another one! Iron Chef Insertnamehere battles with gluttonous and food themed monsters as ... KAMEN RIDER ORZO!

- CD, it's funny because OOO is pronounced "Ohsze," see? Ya bettah' laugh, or da boys might need to improve ya sense ah humah', see?
--

The Hell in a Handbasket express ride:

The Wire and Dies the Fire

Jinx999 Wrote:The Hell in a Handbasket express ride:

The Wire and Dies the Fire
Somebody (I think Eric Flint) already did this. Title was 'Time Spike', and it involved a max-security prison being Ring-of-Fire'd into the Jurassic...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

ClassicDrogn Wrote:Ah! Another one! Iron Chef Insertnamehere battles with gluttonous and food themed monsters as ... KAMEN RIDER ORZO!
- CD, it's funny because OOO is pronounced "Ohsze," see? Ya bettah' laugh, or da boys might need to improve ya sense ah humah', see?
One of our regular running gags around here is Iron Chef Sonic. "Ah fried it, with a side o' tots."   
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

ClassicDrogn Wrote:Ah! Another one! Iron Chef Insertnamehere battles with gluttonous and food themed monsters as ... KAMEN RIDER ORZO!

So it's pronounced the same as OZ? This demands KAMEN RIDER GUNDAM WING!
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Just get the right card for Decade to scan in http://miotd.com/2011/12/15/kamen-rider ... s-fault-2/]Giga Kamen Ride form... I still think they should have done that for the Shinkenger crossover episode, but I suppose the whole point was that he WASN'T fitting into their reality.

- CD
--

We've secretly replaced Makie from Negima with Mackie from Bubblegum Crisis, and vice-versa. Let's see who doesn't notice.
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:We've secretly replaced Makie from Negima with Mackie from Bubblegum Crisis, and vice-versa. Let's see who doesn't notice.
   We've secretly replaced Makie from Bubblegum Crisis with the Mackie BattleMech from BattleTech. I bet someone'll notice.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

Quote:Double post
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

We've replaced Asuna from Negima with Asuka from Evangelion. Let's see who freaks out first.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

We've secretly replaced Asuka from Evangelion with Akuma from Street Fighter (while leaving emotional entanglements intact).  Let's see how badly it breaks Shinji's already-fragile little mind.

protip: Akuma is really, *really* tsundere.

Quote:We've replaced Asuna from Negima with Asuka from Evangelion.  Let's see who freaks out first.
The Angels... If we leave her with her powers they are doomed as doomed can be.  Alternately the fan of Doom unsummons them... meaning they are AWOL and jumped the border into heaven.  You could also havethem just be obliterated like a Paru-golem.  Asuna will ignore their super powers. Giving her access to the Evas will mean I can see the angel of mind rape ending up targeting her... stopping... then retargeting her... etc.. until it turns its attack on itself just to see if it weapon still works.  Hilliarity and unshielded reentry insues.
Or for the trainreck effect... switch Kaji with Jack Rakan.  Though Jack versus the scenario... todays scenario.... has not gone according to to the prophecy.
Okay now I just want to swap Jack Rakan with Norman of Mighty Max fame.  That is what he did while non-existant... he let Norman take a vacation for a time loop.
---
Meanwhile Asuka discovers not only is she less normal than Rei would be in her homeroom, but that she can't fail the grade or skip any.

Just for fun, put Evangeline in the pilots' homeroom class., and wait for the Eva-EVA jokes to set her off.

ETA:  We've replaced Eva Peron with EVA Unit 1.  Let's see if Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber notice...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

On the mean streets of Baltimare . . .

I wrote:
Quote:Buffy the Fangire Slayer

Actually, after watching a few actual episodes of Kamen Rider Kiva instead of just the alternate world version seen in Decade (where Fangire and humans are at least making a good attempt at living peacefully, and only the Fangire equivalent of violent criminals feed on humans) a Buffy cross would fit really well, given that it has a non-Rider female Fangire hunter supported by a so-far mysterious hidden organisation as one of the major characters, and the modern-era parts are set in 2008, so having a Buffy cast member appear looking for new Slayers and/or to connect with any remaining Japanese branch of the Watchers and getting involved would fit right in. I will note that the show's plot is rather slow to develop due to splitting each episode roughly evenly back and forth between then and 1988, but that wouldn't neccesarilty need to hold true for a fanfic. So more of a Crossover That Should Be really.

- CD
--