Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be XVI: Mass-Murderers Love Company

y unreasonable for her to take advantage of an academy of magic that's never heard of her reputation either, in the name of keeping her close to the plot while Louise & Co. are based there either. Satou would go a long way to make her appreciate Gourry more, though, assuming it wasn't a triple crossover with Anyone But Satou as the eponymous familiar of Zero.

Why won't this leave me alone?

ETA - Ooh, how about Vash the Stampede as familiar? I never liked Halkegenia much anyway.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Lina wouldn't be all that interested in the various wars except when it comes to how much people are willing to pay her. She's more of a 'roaming problem solver' than a straight up military mercenary though.

True, but they do get the ZNT characters roaming around, where they could meet her again in the case where she'd wandered off to continue adventuring. I doubt it would take long for her to accumulare enough of a rep as a powerful itenerant mage for hire that the various factions would be trying to recruit her anyway, though. And despite spooking Kururu, ice girl might well try to aim Lina at her bastard uncle one way or another, as long as she thought she could keep it from being traced to her.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

The Fog
The Stand
The Haunting
The Wolfman
The Fly
The Birds
The Thing
The Shining
The Exorcist

What? Well, they are all top horror movies, but they're also all bad ideas for Clow Cards... even if there is canonically a The Mist card.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:robkelk wrote:
The Fog
The Stand
The Haunting
The Wolfman
The Fly
The Birds
The Thing
The Shining
The Exorcist
Mm. Let's add:
The LangoliersThe OthersThe Creature from the Black LagoonThe Beast from 20,000 FathomsThe Thing With Two HeadsThe MansterThe Beast With Two Backs
(Well, maybe not that last.  )
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Canonly there's a Fly card too. different kind of fly of course.

Here's a couple more 'wrong' cards:
The Blob
The Mummy
The Children of the CornThe Ring

The Incredible Hulk

Shifting gears somewhat:

Snakes and Ladders on a Plane
--
Rob Kelk

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit 2, the tale of a special police unit that deals with sexual-assault cases against the supernatural.

The pilot episode, of course, is Edward Cullen's kidnapping, abuse, and murder by a fangirl or ten... it caused the show to be killed before the first season was even complete because everyone was rooting for the perps in that ep.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

There are two groups who maintain law and order in New York: the police and the district attorneys.

And these are the cars they drive.

Law and Order: SUV
--
Rob Kelk

We've secretly replaced Lala Satalin Deviluke (To Love-ru) with Nyaruko the Nyarlathotep (Haiyore! Nyaruko-san).  No one will notice.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Middle 'Merica
Bilbo with a Shotgun. "What's in my pockets? Extra shells!" "Won't be needing Mr. Gandalf's help now that I've gots my trusty boom-stick Precious!" 
Safe to say that the Upcoming Lord of the Guns film well be best left to Uber movie maven Q. Tarrantino to direct.

Do Turtle-Ducks Dream of Dancing Swans? AtLA/LoK & Princess Tutu crossover. No, I don't know how that works either, that's why it Should Not Be.
--

Ross Van Loan Wrote:Bilbo with a Shotgun. "What's in my pockets? Extra shells!" "Won't be needing Mr. Gandalf's help now that I've gots my trusty boom-stick Precious!"

Safe to say that the Upcoming Lord of the Guns film well be best left to Uber movie maven Q. Tarrantino to direct.
But can he get Sean Connery to play Bilbo? And how historically authentic is a speedo for that period, anyway?
--
Rob Kelk

Today, we've replaced Guiche de Gramont with Keiichi Morisato (and his sis will fill in for Monmon as water mage when needed) Let's see how long it takes him and his new "familiar," Belldandy, to get caught up in Lousie and her weenie-boy's troubles?

(Skuld meets Louise? URD meets KIRCHE!? SHOULD NOT BEEE!!!)
--

Quote:Hazard wrote:
Lina wouldn't be all that interested in the various wars except when it comes to how much people are willing to pay her. She's more of a 'roaming problem solver' than a straight up military mercenary though.
(I'm a few days behind)
The mental image that came to mind IMMEDIATELY at the "roaming problem solver" was:  Lina Inverse, 3WA Trouble Consultant.

OH MY GOD WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE  (but it won't be Lina's fault!  Or Naga's, or Gourry's, or Amelia's, or or or....)

Quote:ECSNorway wrote:
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit 2, the tale of a special police unit that deals with sexual-assault cases against the supernatural.

The pilot episode, of course, is Edward Cullen's kidnapping, abuse, and murder by a fangirl or ten... it caused the show to be killed before the first season was even complete because everyone was rooting for the perps in that ep.
Would that make SVU Section Six the unit that handles sexual assault cases dealing with the extraterrestrial?

For some reason, my subconcious is locked on Battle Royale this morning:

Alternative schools sending their classes to BR:

Furinkan High.

Kitago High.

That high school from Gate Keepers.

Mahora Academy.

SkyeFire Wrote:
Quote:Lina Inverse, 3WA Trouble Consultant.
One of my "great" fic ideas that never goes anywhere and thereby pisses me off, is the Lovely Angels having to pursue some criminal to a world that fell out of contact almost two thousand years ago, one that orbital scans show has regressed to a preindustrial civilization, with the possible exception of one area where a large, rectangular field effect blocks observation - such satellites seem to vanish when inserted in orbit with unusual speed and no real trace of the reason, but the last transmission from one showed a glimpse of that field going down, and the ship their perp was last seen boarding on course for atmospheric reentry...

The Angels of course would be fitted out with their usual assortment of gadgets, but disguised enough that they can pass them off as "magic" if the inhabitants have really regressed as much as they seem. Whether 3wa technology is Sufficiently Advanced to look that way to actual magic users is another question, but one I never got around to answering. "Swords of Light" for example are pretty common to them (hence how they get drawn into the plot at that time period) but having the actual properties of a named artifact (Gorun Nova, the Sword that Slashes All) seems doubtful at best.
--

WRT the AMS/ZnT idea - Actually, why replace Montmorency at all? She might not be K1's gf, but someone has to play Aoko for the AMS side, and Kirche isn't nearly spiteful enough, even if she does start out a thoughtless bitch. Megumi can just be a random face in the First Year crowd.

(yeah, I'm already gone from the pc I borrowed a few minutes on, back to PSPotato double/multi posting again.)
--

Quote:SkyeFire wrote:(I'm a few days behind)  
The mental image that came to mind IMMEDIATELY at the "roaming problem solver" was:  Lina Inverse, 3WA Trouble Consultant.

OH MY GOD WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE  (but it won't be Lina's fault!  Or Naga's, or Gourry's, or Amelia's, or or or....)
Actually, yes it would be Lina's fault, although she good reason to use that spell. Lina may be rather trigger happy but she's not that negligent.
Usually.
As for the AMS/ZnT idea, I'm pretty sure that you'd avoid something like half the idiot plots, although I'm curious, Guiche de Gramont Keiichi managed to summon a person, how will this affect Louise when she summons Saito? Or does this mean that Keiichi is a Void mage (and favourite student of whatshisname) because of K1's love for machinery?  

For the Slayers/Dirty Pair crossover...I think it would work if its Hellmaster shooting things down.  The fic starts after Next and Probably half way through Try when the Gods panic and punt the cast.  If they are probing the planet after the barrier goes down and they can actually get probes in.  Then you can have them studying the planet as a curiosity.  Fast forward a few months and they see DarkStar pop his head out and go 'RAR'... while freaking out about that super weapon they get readings of Lina starting to Giga Slave it... then some random dimensional energy burst when the gods panic... yeah... I'm pretty sure they call in the Lovely Angels hoping everything involved gets obliterated, before the locals get off world.  I can see that world as a perfect smugglers/pirate base backwater, once its quarantined post Try.  Of course, then its only a matter of time before Lina finds those guys and ends up with a crew of ex-hostages on a ship.  Cue Lina Inverse in Space.
----
For the FOZ/Slayers crossover: Have Louis summons Val'Gaav, while mommy is giving him stroller walkies.  One free range stroller through a portal and Philia, Lina, and a stalking Naga end up following.  Goury was getting his armor fixed or something at that moment.  Have Lina and Naga wander off and due Slayer things... likely involving a large reduction in the local corrupt nobles population... and madcap adventures in ill conceived super weapons and random forgotten ruins.  Have them show up in Tarbes for the wine and Albion threatening to tramps the vineyards... the Super Golem army dies in a massive fit of stupid when Naga makes a Naga brand giant golem... and the other golems slaughter each other trying to seduce it.
---AMG.ZnT idea... you could always just do one where Megumi is summoned by Louise and have random Goddesses keep randomly showing up on her.  She'd have the starter 'all that actually happened' freak out... then end up trying to get the nobles to play softball or end up working on a steam engine and stuff.... of course then you'd have to Mara be the 'all your magic items are belong to us' of god familiar... who trolls her constantly for giggles.  To make it crackier... have Deflinger be fully useable as a anti-Bug weapon and Megumi constantly smashing Bugs and the cast having shifts back to more normal people.
Atomic dog breath
Pacific Rin Tin Tin : "What's that, boy? Godzilla's down the well?"

My plan was that K1 is Earth element, but gets a special exception due to the promises he and Bell made each other as kids.

Necratoid - I like the sound of those... as long as they aren't all happening at once! Now there's a Crossover That Should Not Be!!

The only way to make it worse would be to pull in Vash the Stampede somehow as well...
--

As usual feel free to take those ideas and run with them.
See the thing about sending Megumi is that it doesn't preclude her brother or the sisters from showing up.  With mirrors and hot water as their teleport medium its not an issue... you can even get away with FoZ being on another planet in the same galaxy.  Then it becomes a matter of paperwork.  With K1 you run into angry Belldandy and a possible interdimensional divine incident.  With Megumi its her being annoyed and her life disrupted... how that is handled is a lot of the story.  You can also do weird things like having Megumi get dosed with the love potion and barely notice from a combination of magic resistance (she kept getting hit with just a dream counters to incidents and only gets exposed to divine/infernal level magic so much it can be her gaining unreliable spell resistant to be abused for cracktasicness or drama.)  That and/or have the Water Spirit decide to switch out the potion effect for something amusingly annoying until she gets it back its ring.  She is really amusingly prone to being annoyed by the supernatural... but it never really lasts long enough to do too much damage.
The problem with Vash is that you'd need someone that matched up with him enough to qualify as his match... and FoZ is too full of @^*%&^ people to qualify... unless you used that half-elf void mage it wouldn't really work... and its likely sacrilege to let her use the ceremony... which would make her wanted in the worst way... which would make her more Vash like.  Which means the main issue is Vash would rapidly run out off bullets.