Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be XVI: Mass-Murderers Love Company

Hm, Pepper usually does a better job of wrangling Tony than to let him show up for a TV guest spot THAT drunk...
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

They'll let you out if you're a Discordian... but if you claim you're a Discordian, then they say you wouldn't have signed up in the first place.

Catch-23
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Catch-23
What's the Catch at Warehouse 22, then?
Or, heck, we could go next door, and introduce Steve Jackson to Joseph Heller.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

There is a Charm in Exalted.  It allows the user to grab an enemy, swing them around a few times, and then throw them at a target of the user's choice.  Once thrown, the subject of this Charm becomes a missile, flying toward its target at high speeds.  Once it hits, it explodes, dealing high damage to itself, and anything near it.
This Charm is named Cancel the Apocalypse, and is right at the peak of Solar Hero Style.  Stacker Pentecost is now either a high-Essence Solar, or a Sidereal master- whichever is more interesting.
EDIT: This concept was apparently so awesome, Yuku decided to eat my first attempt at it.

I've been writing a bit.

The only way to save yourself is to toss the tape into a volcano...
Lord of the Ringu
--
Rob Kelk

"UNLIMITED BAKED WORKS!"
Remember those Hostess ads that Marvel comics all had back in the 80s, where the Baddie of the Week would be overcome by irresistible Hostess(tm) Twinkies, Fruit Pies, King-Dons, Ho-Hos, etc? Yeah, it's like that, cranked up to 11.

I am the cream of my cupcakes' filling....
Kwisatz Kowabunga!
Beach Blanket Bingo of Dune : Annette Funicello's Bene Gesserit falls for Frankie Avalon, leader of the Caladan Surfers. Watch them fend off The Harkonnens, a biker gang. Thrill as they stick it to her Order, those wild and crazy kids!

Lord of the Ringu
...is that when the Beatles' skinny Goth drummer girl shows off her Irish step-dancing skills?
As for Reality Marbles That Should Not Be, how's this one?
Unlimited Microsoft Works.
"It looks like you're trying to win the Grail War.  Would you like help?"

I've been writing a bit.

Quoth the Revan "Nevermore".

You know, its called the 'Witchblade'. I can see a certain blade-obsessed redhead tracking it down, and giving to one of his companions. I'm not sure who's worse to have it. Rin or Saber.

Quote:Cobalt Greywalker wrote:
You know, its called the 'Witchblade'. I can see a certain blade-obsessed redhead tracking it down, and giving to one of his companions. I'm not sure who's worse to have it. Rin or Saber.
...what about the rest of the set?  I mean, I know the Whoblade is someplace in a blue police call box, but which person is the designated wielder of the Whyblade?
(No, you didn't typo.)

I've been writing a bit.

Oh, that one's actually not been seen yet. It appears only to Man (not woman), and it appears only in hour of greatest need. Only when all other members of the male gender have died off, and only one remains....

The Whatblade on the other hand is a conceptual weapon so common people actually wield it by accident - you can tell it's happened when your suspension of disbelief is suddenly severed and all you can do is say "... what?"
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

On the other paw, people keep confusing the Whereblade and the Wereblade...
--
Rob Kelk

On the other paw, people keep confusing the Whereblade and the Wereblade...
I don't see why; one you can never find, and the other keeps changing shape on you.

The return of the Living Dead Jedi.  Yoda escaped from a canister : just look at that wizened, green reanimated corpse! "Send...more...Ewoks!" 

Yoda stars in 'The Muppets take Manhatten'.

We never knew they could be this good in a fight:
The Muppets take Doctor Manhattan
--
Rob Kelk

Alien life. We always thought it would come from the stars. But when it did, instead it came straight out of our Saturday-morning televisions. And immediately began supplanting us as the apex lifeform on planet Earth.
In order to defeat Ponies, we created Ponies of our own. And thus, the Equestria Program was born.

Alternatively: Jaegers are humanoid precisely to work with human neural maps. Equestrian versions would, logically, look more like Ponies. But what if the two best mutual Drifting candidates were a human and a Pony?
Also:  Equestrian Jaeger names.  The mind boggles.

We've just swapped the Jaegers of Pacific Rim with the Jaegers of Girl Genius. Which side thinks they got the better half of that deal?

I dunno. Are we sure Jaegers aren't already sparky creations? Crazy control scheme to split brainpower between 2 pilots created because otherwise the robot will kill the operators? Who thought this was a good idea?
Also, DDR x Pacific Rim. Special move: Drop the Jaeger Bomb.

They came looking for the thrill of hunting dangerous big game...

They got their wish.

PacRim vs. Predator

(For more DEEP HURTING, set it during Terminator's Future War)
--

Quote:Silverex wrote:
I dunno. Are we sure Jaegers aren't already sparky creations? Crazy control scheme to split brainpower between 2 pilots created because otherwise the robot will kill the operators? Who thought this was a good idea?
I dunno. The scene for building the Jaegers I've seen suggested (on Spacebattles, I think) was the international equivalent of the bit in Apollo 13 where they pour all the available junk in the capsule out on the table in the room full of engineers.Except that instead of one small room of very light junk, it was instead every black budget and skunkworks program's collection of crazy boondoggles from across the planet.And the first thing that fell out of the mess that could kill a Kaiju were giant nuclear robots with neural links.

South Pacific Rim : Musical numbers, singing, dancing! I want to see that beautifully butch brace of Russians Cossack dancing while singing, "The ocean's alive with the sound of Kai-Ju...." Pentecost can belt out Orgazmo's, Now you're a Man, and the Science! team can sing a duo variant of 'It Blinded Me With Science!'

The wierd thing about Pacific Rim, is that ca. 1998 I came up with a Mekton campaign setting where the 'mecha' were kaiju-ish constructs/phenomena created by a pair of psychics syncronising their thoughts and biosigns. It was honestly mostly an excuse to have an "h-anime" type entry in the campaign contest, but it still took second place, and 'the drift' is remarkably close to what I envisioned. Alas, the actual document was lost four or five hdd failures ago, and is long gone from the 'net afaict.
--