Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gundam 00 Season 2

o/' Dude looks like a lady...
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Bah. Lady talks like a dude, and little will convince me otherwise Tongue

Episode 8: Now With Extra Androgyny

- Regene Regetta, Innovator. Claims that the Innovators are following Aeolia's plan, and that Celestial Being was to be destroyed in Phase 1. But
Ribbons' discomfort with him seems to indicate that Regene may just be messing with Tieria for no reason....or that his comments about Aeolia having a
change of heart about discarding the pilots of his Gundams later may imply that the Innovators are following the original plan, but the plan has changed.

- Louise is playing hard and fast with the Halevy family fortune, being one of the primary investors in A-LAWS. Which means she gets invited to Ribbons'
party, where it's confirmed that she at least has a passing familiarity with him(and possibly more, given the super-soldier like freakouts she's been
having). Interestingly, she interacts with Setsuna like her normal self, to a degree, and wonders where Saji is. Great. Now I have another person I hope gets a
happy ending. In a Gundam series. This isn't going to end well.

- Tieria has breasts....yeah, no matter WHAT the animation department does, short of a full male topless scene, I'll never believe Tieria's a guy
again.

- Innovators are created by quantum brainwaves mixed with GN particles, with nanomachines to inhibit their aging. Seems Old Man Aeolia was ahead of the game on
the HRL for enhanced humans....

- Revive Revival joins A-LAWS with the previously mentioned Gadessa.

- And he's accompanied by Patrick! Our favorite Ineffectual Sympathetic Villian has joined A-LAWS despite Kathy warning him off repeatedly, because he
wishes to protect her. Also, as he's survived combat with Gundams 7 times, he's now referred to(insultingly) by his comrades as "The Immortal
Coulsuar". Kathy's brief quirk of the lip indicates she's happy to see him, even if he's being an idiot again. Aww...

- The 00 Gundam's problems are explained: it generates too many particles for its body to withstand. The 0 Raiser fighter will presumably give it something
else to flood with all the extra power, allowing it to further head towards its full potential.

- MISTER BUSHIDO! is completely absent. The episode is sadder for his absence.

- "Are you two lovers?" "...uh *blush*" X2 "My maiden's intuition was right!" *door shut* I like Millenia now. She's
amusing. :lol:

- Felt views the crew as her family, and her reception of Somarie is....cool, to be frank. However, Allelujah recognizing why she feels that way helps the two
make up. Which is good. Felt doesn't have the constitution for being a vengeful grudge holder.

- Ribbons and Tieria dance among the stars, while talking of Veda and the Plan. An awesome scene even if it's ridiculous. Also, the follow up confrontation
is definitely awesome, as Ribbons accuses Tieria of letting Lockon get too close ("let that Lockon Stratos get into your heart" in his words) and
acting like a "stupid emotional human", and Healing Care barely prevents a bit of Innovator siblingcide as Tieria decides that between The Plan and
Celestial Being, she'll stand with CB.

- Setsuna and Tieria, however, are engaged in their escape by Ali Al-Sarches and his Arche Gundam. Cue the showdown music!
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Episode 9: Cry Havoc and Let Slip The Dogs of The Arms Race

- Tieria and Setsuna's confrontation with Ali goes badly. Between his improved fangs and his general piloting skills(acknowledged by the writers as one of
the top three pilots in the series, alongside Sergei and Soma), the Arche Gundam is more than capable of putting the other two at a loss.

- Tieria's aggressiveness shows off one of the Seravee's new toys: hands built into the knee based cannons with extendable arms and beam sabers.

- Unfortunately, it doesn't do much, as the Arche's own foot based beam sabers quickly disarm the Seravee of these toys.

- However, he can't quite keep up with a 4 on 1 fight, so he retreats. Interesting other points are the fact that half Ali's body was burned after
Lockon vaporized the bottom half of the Zwei in the final episodes of Season 1.

- Lyle's reaction to Tieria and Setsuna's revelations about who was responsible for his family's death and how Lockon died is essentially "the
past is in the past. No vengeance will change it." Interesting.

- Trans Am applies the Ptolemy II when three Gundams are connected.

- Lindt gets shot down by the combined force of Revive Revival's independent liscense and Kati going with the Innovator's suggestion.

- Trans Am allows the Ptolemy to get out of the atmosphere, but the Gadessa's BFG is powerful enough to knock it off course into a waiting ambush as Trans
Am ends...

- But that doesn't stop the 00 Gundam waiting for them from annihilating the task force with ease.

- Meanwhile, MR. BUSHIDO meets with Billy, who briefly almost calls him Graham. He also lays claim to Billy's new prototype, asking it be decorated in his
colors with "the fastest speed and strongest sword".

- Kati sends a message to Sumeragi, addressing her respect to the tactics of Celestial Being's "Leesa Kujo", which could, presumably, romanize as
"Lisa Kujo."

- Commander Katagiri meanwhile notes that now he has to request the Innovators' intervention, given Celestial Being's current strength.

- The Vashti couple, meanwhile, considers the 0-Riser, with which, the 00 Gundam will be truly invincible, according to Ian.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Well, Gundam 00's back on the 'net and has been for awhile, just the good fansubber's are taking their time pushing it out to the wild.

00 Gundam flaw of the eps: the pilot

Seravee's giant face on the back is a backpack gundam.

A-laws has another death star in orbit

Not subbed yet, but the latest episode has a variety of whammies:

- Elevator collapse consists of exterior "shell" of armor around the main cable jettisoning to prevent imbalance in the system, spreading a metal rain of atmospheric shrapnel.

- Everyone, I mean everyone, gets in on the act of destroying the debris coming down on them. Celestial Being, Kataron, Fed GN-XIIIs, even A-LAWS.

- Another Innovator bites the dust, along with the Empress mobile armor. Alas, poor Devine, we barely knew ye.

- More significant, however, is Andrei....who's accomplished the unthinkable by leap-frogging even Nena's season 1 anti-fandom when he proceeds to not only kill Hercule, one of the few reformers in the Federation itself, but also his own father.
---
waste."

Andrei, Andrei, Andrei. Beating out Nena for Official Cast Scrappy isn't something you want to DO...

On the other hand, another check for the possibility of Nena turning around.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Andrei, Andrei, Andrei.

Really. You're being creepy here. Stop it. I think Louise wanted to throw up in her mouth by the time you finished there.

That said, I loved the Innovators burning him. Even if I expect they'll die.

00 Raizer System IS a giant beam saber, given Setsuna cuts a nice 90 degree angle out of Memento Mori 2.0

Anew and Lyle is...surprisingly cute. I laughed at "He really sniped you there."

And Saji and Setsuna seem to have come to an agreement. Here's hoping for a nice conclusion for Saji and Louise on that point.

Also, Ribbons fails the Evil Overlord List: he deliberately alienates Wang, making her entirely too willing to give Ptolemy the coordinates of Veda.

And what the hell is Regene's game?
---
waste."

Anew's name and sponser makes it obvious that she's the Innovator spy, but sometimes I wonder if SHE knows that...

Babylon 5 style sleeper agent maybe? Or is the name just a red herring (in which case her parents must have really hated her or something).
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 

Well, the most recent ep has her having the glowing Innovator eyes when Revive "pings" her to locate the Ptolemaios, so that's confirmed.

The names, however, are fake, as we've learned with Lockon Stratos(Neil and Lyle Dylandy), Setsuna F. Seiei(Soran Ibrahim), and Sumeragi Lee Noriega(Lisa
Kujo).

Given the ED, I'm hoping Lyle and Anew manage to pull off a happy ending, but at this rate, we have four couples and Gundam's never kind to them. Have
to see where they end up.
---
waste."

Also, random interesting correlation from other forums. From the first season, when Kinue's researching scientists that disappeared when Aeolia began
setting up Celestial Being:

[Image: 1228685450665qd2.jpg]

Complete coincidence? Or something more?
---
waste."

I'm not following this series at all, but it seems to be that "Dider Le Bon" bears at least a superficial resemblance to Simon Le Bon of Duran
Duran...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Basically, the suggestion is that each set of Innovators is based on the genetic information of one of the five scientists who originally helped Aeolla on
developing the GN Drive.

The problem is, we're missing a set of Innovators.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Higlights before 20 premiers:

- MISTAH BUSHIDO! does nothing. Again. I'm wondering if it's a running joke at this point.

- Ribbons continues to let his A God Am I attitude overrule the Evil Overlord's List. Betting pool to Regene turning traitor currently stands at 60:40 in
favor....

- Saji's actually matured. Sure, it took a season and a half, but I *like* him as a character now. His line near the end was particularly telling.

- Surprising all of Nobody #1: Anew's revealed as an Innovator sleeper agent. But will she die because of it? Lasse's certainly looking likely to.

- Surprising all of Nobody #2: Nena still has Drei in her shuttle, and she's also just blown Wang to kingdom come, presumably. Personally, I think
she'll survive but Hong Long won't.

- Louise is openly conflicted now, just as she's due to get a personal massive mobile armor. Whoops.
---
waste."

Having watched the subbed 19, now?

I know she had fans here, but I'm now actively rooting for a bad end for Nena. Previous karmic payments or not, she lurves her her villain ball long time.
Our tears are all the pay she'll ever need.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

She enjoys blowing the crap out of stuff, yes.

I'm still unsure this particular act counts as "villain ball". Mostly due to the fact that Wang's been flirting with picking it up for most of the season now. Frankly, belittling your employee who has a massive justified grudge against Ali, and basically telling her "screw you, you can be replaced" is just ASKING for her to eventually snap, especially when Wang presumably knows Nena still had the Throne Drei.

True, this IS Gundam, and thus we get more idealistic heroes, but having a Heroic Sociopath join the cast like Nena could be interesting.

She did enjoy blowing Wang to little tiny bits quite a lot, though. Assuming, of course, that Wang's ACTUALLY dead.
---
waste."

So, bodycount update.

Anew Returner: Lyle's girlfriend, Innovator sleeper agent. KIA. F%&^ing Ribbons.

Hong Long: Wang Liu-Mei's brother, majordomo, etc. Sacrifices himself to let Wang get away. Dies.

Wang Liu-Mei: Wanted a new world to change just so she could stop being forced to be the head of her given family and lead her own life. Blown to bits by Nena.
Unsurprising.

Nena Trinity: Apparently joined the Innovators with the intent to stab them in the back when she got the chance for her vengeance. Didn't know Evil Haro
was on Ribbons' speed dial. Dies at the hands of Louise in less than twenty seconds.

Louise Halevy's Sanity: Dies after a long period of declining health, with the most awfully cheerful music playing in the background. Hold onto your hat,
Saji, you got your work cut out for you to bring her back from this.
---
waste."

So is it just me or does it seem like the Innovater's only real superpower is fatal overconfidence? I mean, they keep talking about their superior
intelligance, but the attempt to steal the 00 took our hero's five seconds of thinking to outwit, and netted the Innovater's nothing more than the loss
of a valuble spy and adding one more person with a giant robot to the 'Kill Ribbons' club.
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 

The only real enhancements the Innovators seem to have is their previously established telepathy, the ability to live for long periods of time in space without any degradation of their bodies(like Soma), and potentially slightly enhanced reaction speed(as Revive notes about Setsuna that he "fights like an Innovator")

The problem is that, yes, they're sublimely overconfident in their own superiority. Against grunts, they'd probably be correct, but they're so certain of said superiority in combat that the minute someone's actually good enough to stand toe to toe with them, they're utterly shocked by it. See Bring Stability's death at the hands of Tieria, Divine's similar death simply for being in the way of the 00's Raiser System beam blade, and Anew's brutal beat down by Lyle. And that's not even counting the number of times Setsuna's absolutely owned them with the 00.

However, when you consider Ribbons' utter god complex, it's rather probable that sublime overconfidence is supposed to be his main flaw. Note how often he's unable to deal with setbacks he didn't foresee, and the other Innovators' shaken confidence when it turns out he doesn't know about the 00's systems. And furthermore, Bring might have been alive if Tieria still had his angst about being an Innovator to deal with, but Ribbons certainly shoved that aside when he made a point to jab Tieria so much about "becoming so much like a human".
---
waste."

Just watched 21 myself.

...Hooooo boy. Broken cutie is broken. *hides from scary blond girl*
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

22 is out, and with it, my initial commentary on the episode as a whole...

"Begun this Clone War has."

Alternatively,

"Two there should be. No more, no less. One to embody power and the other to crave it."
---
waste."

Ladies and Gentlemen, Kati of the Brightpunch has returned, and it is made of win Smile

We got Sith-wannabes who have root privileges. So not of the good. Why is it that most of the anime I've seen lately has masterminds with root on a
collective all with a plan for total domination via becoming near-godlike, whose plans go pearshaped due to not taking into account Murphy and the Evil
Overlord List.

"Once the Neue Ziel is mass produced!"

"We'll do exactly what the Neue Ziel did before?"

"Precisely."

"But it....crashed into things kamikaze like."

"Precisely."

"...shit."

In other news, Patrick may be dead(I won't believe it till I see definitive proof), Ali IS dead(and went down like a punk. Awesome.), Louise gets good end,
Setsuna unleashes GN Ex Machina Field of Telepathy(proving that half the given conflicts were resolvable if those involved just sat down and TALKED to each
other) and GN Cancer curing, Tieria gets shot but winds up in Veda, where Regene's been hiding all this time since SHE got shot, Ribbons is locked out of
Veda, and the Seraphim TRIAL system shuts everything down. Oh, and Ribbons has an enormous GN-Guncannon mech for the final boss.

Oh, and Andrei gets the mother of all verbal bitch slaps. "He never tried to understand my feelings!" "Did you ever try to understand HIS?"
And now he gets to live with the knowledge he killed his father over nothing. Glorious.

Alternatively, Lyle proves he's not his brother by both using his pistols better than a rifle and by managing to own Ali even before the TRIAL field effect
activated and shut down the Arche. He also fails to take vengeance when it's available, but isn't dumb enough to let go of his gun too much. Bye bye,
Ali.

And, let's face it. Everyone went "d'awwwww" when Louise finally got her good end.

Now we wait for the final battle and the epilogue, where I expect to see Kati berating Patrick over trying to get out of bed with one leg in a cast despite his
GN-XIII exploding around him in 23.
---
waste."

24 was pretty epic.. in a DO THE IMPOSSIBLE. SEE THE INVISIBLE. BREAK THE UNBREAKABLE. Kind of way.

Setsuna kicked reason to the curb. I think he may have kicked EVERYONE'S reasons to the curb.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead