Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mahou Sensei Negima Thread: A Fighting Shota of Mars

Doesn't have to be the case, really. I mean, it's not like Negi was trained by a huge organization for a specific task and turned loose. She's just following in the family tradition.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Bob Schroeck Wrote:In that case, I'm starting to wonder just how old Chao really is -- no way in hell is she just 15, unless there's some huge organization that selected, trained and dispatched her.
Berk Wrote:Doesn't have to be the case, really. I mean, it's not like Negi was trained by a huge organization for a specific task and turned loose. She's just following in the family tradition.
Although it isn't impossible... (looks a couple of universes over, at Mikuru)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Yeah, but she'd need time to set up all those plots at different points in the timestream if she's really running a Xanatos Gambit on that scale...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Yeah, but she'd need time to set up all those plots at different points in the timestream if she's really running a Xanatos Gambit on that scale...
Marty: Dammit, Doc, why did you have to tear up that letter? If only I had more time... wait a minute, I got all the time I want! I got a time machine! I'll just go back early and warn him. 10 minutes ought to do it.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Well, it takes more than 10 minutes to set a plot in motion.
-- Bob
---------

We don't know how old - or young - Chao was when she started, either. Given her genius status, I'd believe 'pretty dang young' as workable.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Or how old she actually is either. They could have age slowing technology in the future, and we only have her word (or her faked documents' words) on how old she is.
Edit: Or clones.  You should never discount the possibility of clones when dealing with someone from the future.
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Or, if she is part of a huge organization, she could have assistance from someone else. (Human or not - build a half-dozen Chachamarus, and nobody will notice that one is where she isn't "supposed to" be...)
--
Rob Kelk

Let's not forget her robot hordes, all with official Martian Army livery...
--Sam
"Water.  People swim... in water!"

I don't care how much Negi has accomplished in the course of the story, you just don't accumulate the kind of power and resources Chao had by age 15. There's no freaking way she's actually a young teen -- even in a world with, ahem, negotiable realism like that in the manga. And given that we know of at least one method for reliably and controllably altering one's physical age, I still maintain that she must be older than she seems.
-- Bob
---------
Fate is ticked.  How dare someone claim to have a solution to an insoluble nightmarish problem?
Negi not only has a hypothesis, he's already done some preliminary experimenting.  Say what?
...He plans to get some vital assistance from Ayaka.  Say WHAT?! o.O;
Not-Zazie is EXTREMELY ticked.  And a demon.
Rejecting a plan that's been spelled out to you after analyzing it for flaws would be one thing.  Rejecting the very IDEA of a plan that you know nothing about?  Fuck you, Not-Z.  You can go in the trash bin with Uranus and Neptune.
BIG DAMN HERO TIME.
And Mana is... holy crap.
Well.  Not holy. O.o;
--Sam
"Well that guy's nekkid."

A question: Is the word that is being translated as 'demonfolk' Mazoku?
-----

*goes and finds a raw*
As a matter of fact, it is.
--Sam
"Sore wa himitsu desu."

Oh dear.
-----

Oh /my/.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Well, I guess this proves that Akamatsu is a fan of Black Rock Shooter.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

<on a curious impulse, goes to reddevilshn's page><br><br><discovers that the chapter currently displayed on MangaFox is labeled "<strong>DO NOT REHOST THIS MANGA CHAPTER ON ANY ONLINE READER.</strong> "><br><br><develops a Very Bad Feeling About This ...>

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/mahou_sen ... /v33/c300/]Chapter 300 is up. The cliffhanger that Chapter 299 ended on remains unaddressed, alas. But we do get a scorecard for Ala Alba in the first few pages, in case anybody's forgotten who's who. (Interesting how Yue is identified...)

Once you've finished that, http://www.mangafox.com/manga/love_hina/v14/c123.1/]there's a bonus story, too.
--
Rob Kelk

I find how Cocone is identified more interesting. I hope nothing bad happens to my third favorite loli in the series.
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke

This kind of puts a torpedo in the fan theory that Mars Natives can't survive on Earth.

Virtually everyone in the Empire is Native.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Berk Wrote:This kind of puts a torpedo in the fan theory that Mars Natives can't survive on Earth.
Asuna torpedoed that theory ages ago...
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:Asuna torpedoed that theory ages ago...
It could've been argued that Asuna was Special because of her royal status.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

The mangafox pages aren't showing for me.  299 is still there, but no 300 Sad
--Sam
"This is graveness."

They loaded earlier. Something is probably getting tinkered with on the back end.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Berk Wrote:
robkelk Wrote:Asuna torpedoed that theory ages ago...
It could've been argued that Asuna was Special because of her royal status.
It says Experimental Subject #18, doesn't it?  Looks like someone is trying to work out the kinks in evacuating people to me.
-----