Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mahou Sensei Negima Thread: A Fighting Shota of Mars

Shit, I hope someone remembered to save at the last save point. Because it looks like someone *really* let some corrupted code in during the last patch. The seashore area is glitching to all hell. Half the zone is missing now. :lol:
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

And 318 is up

Time for the battle royale. And I can't be the only one that's not sad to see Negi's Super Saiyan costume go.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

I think I just heard Libera Me From Hell kick in.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Very well then! It'll be a staring contest!

-Morgan.

No one could survive that much smoke!
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Wow! Read Red-Savant's translation of 319. Negi's gone a long way fomr the little squishy wizard who fainted after casting a mere 199 Saggita Magica...
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke

319 up.
1001?  How very Scheherezadic.
--Sam
"Let's fight until one of us is a drooling cripple the rest of his life.  It's more fun that way!"

The opposition's plan moves a step forward...
--Sam
"Roof pig!  Most unexpected."

I think we're about to see a freakout from someone who never, ever freaks out. And it's gonna be great.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Calling it now -- Ayaka knows, and has known for a very long time, EVERYTHING.
All that silliness makes it easy to forget that she's the fourth ranked student in the whole academy, where the first and second are mad scientists. She's SMART.

Yeah, Ayaka knows all. Smile
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

And, with page 8, Akamatsu reverts to earlier form...
--
Rob Kelk

While we were busy with fanfic, politics, and other things, an update was posted.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

*snickers*

"What kind of pairing is this?!"

I love the 4th wall straining comments sometimes.
---
waste."

"Demonition torpedos"?

And why do I suddenly get the feeling that the class rep's magical girl-type outfit ain't just cosplay?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:"Demonition torpedos"?
They're Hell on the impact sites...
--
Rob Kelk

Fridge Brilliance I just had to share. I'll break it down into points:
  • Chao is from the future.
  • She is Negi's descendant
  • Negi is a prince
  • thus, his descendants are royalty
  • Chao is therefore a princess.
  • Chao made Chachamaru
  • Thus, Chachamaru is her daughter
  • THUS, CHACHAMARU IS ONE OF NEGI'S DESCENDANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE RELATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • THUS, CHACHAMARU IS ALSO AN OSTIAN PRINCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • This technically means Hakase can be considered either Queen Mother (to Chachamaru) or Chao's consort. Royal concubine at worst. They had a kid, after all.

This also means three of Negi's Ministra are distantly related to him. 
  • Asuna is related via the Ostian royal line
  • Konoka might be related if the Mage that started the Pactio system is in fact Amaterasu, as implied in the manga
  • Chachamaru. See above.

Fanfic fodder and WMG this amounts to:
  • Chance of Chachamaru being Sailor Ostia, being both royal and magicalOM, SHE could be Unequally!Sailor Mars!
  • Chachamaru taking Negi's place as Immortal Ruler of Ostia in case of a bad end 
  • Chao is magic-impaired and needs artificial magic circuits because she transferred her royal powers to Chachamaru during construction—INCLUDING LATENT MAGIC CANCEL!
  • 3 of Negi's love interests are potentially incest!!!!!!! 
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.

Could you post a link for the Amaterasu thing? I honestly do not remember that. I thought the Pactio system was developed by Western mages, so they could basically have meatshields that wouldn't die after a few hits.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

From what I can tell, the Magic Cancel thing isn't a Royal Ostian trait. Asuna's membership in the royalty seems to be by adoption (thus making her Not-A-Blood-Aunt) given flashbacks that imply she's actually more closely related to the Lifemaker, though he uses "descendant", so it could be that the Ostian royalty are directly descended from the Lifemaker. No one else seems to have Asuna's magic cancel, however, as the only other example of it was the "depletion zone" under the ruins of Ostia where they intended to execute Arika, but that was due to the destruction of the Lifemaker's overwrite ritual.
---
waste."

Jorlem Wrote:Could you post a link for the Amaterasu thing? I honestly do not remember that. I thought the Pactio system was developed by Western mages, so they could basically have meatshields that wouldn't die after a few hits.
It's mentioned when they first come to the magical world, and at some point someone else gives the legendary mage the name 'Amateras.'  Which is dangerously close to the name 'Amaterasu' who is an ancestor of Konoka's by virtue of being blood kin to the Emperor of Japan.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Berk Wrote:It's mentioned when they first come to the magical world, and at some point someone else gives the legendary mage the name 'Amateras.'  Which is dangerously close to the name 'Amaterasu' who is an ancestor of Konoka's by virtue of being blood kin to the Emperor of Japan.
That isn't "dangerously close" - allowing for differing romanizations of the name, that's identical.
--
Rob Kelk

So, yeah, if Amateras is the founder of the Ostian line and the Pact System, and Amaterasu is Amateras, there are a surprising number of people who classify as Negi's family.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Is Negi in line to rule Japan?!?!
Check out said crack:

Was I remembering incorrectly when I thought that Pactios were primarily Western magecraft?
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

It's primarily used by them, true, but developed at Mundus Magicus, by Amateras. Considering the fact there is a World Gate under the Tree in Mahora, and that all such gates date back a REALLY long time, it seems to be more convention than anything else.
Check out said crack: