Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mahou Sensei Negima Thread: A Fighting Shota of Mars

Yeah, the only way that the Pact system is remotely European is in that it's still used, mainly, by the European mages.  And everyone on Mundus Magicus.

Did anyone spot the reference in a recent chapter to the idea that the various Pact relics have an existence beyond the Pact System? (Fate makes another comment about Nodoka's Diary of the Mind.)
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Yeah. It caused great discussion on the Tvtropes Negima Fanfic thread. Well, at least the Aetifacts aren't the materialized souls of the Puell—er, MINISTRA Magi.
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke

I thought that was implied a long time back?

We've already seen Nodoka's basically get destroyed, and then be just fine the next time she called for it. But actually, that's been my working assumption since the first time the pactio system was explained...

-Morgan.

Chapter 324

Humorous romance laughs for the most part. Poor Negi is just plain doomed when it comes to that probl-

....wait what.

Eva is....

He is...

....oh son of a bitch.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Okay, I think I missed whatever implication you saw, Ops. Care to clue me in?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Okay, I think I missed whatever implication you saw, Ops. Care to clue me in?
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Oh. Oooooooh.
-- Bob
---------

So..is Eva a prototype? Or did the Lifemaker (if he was the creator of the magical system) decided to do a "do-over"?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Well, Ku:Nel said something about 'Eternal Life' not being the goal of the experiment the Lifemaker did on her. This is actually very consistent with what we've already seen, Magia Ereba (derived from the Lifemaker's own techniques) regenerates the user so long as there is magical energy there to work with, making her condition more like 'Eternal Recurrence.'
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

ordnance11 Wrote:So..is Eva a prototype?
Does that mean Mundus Magicus is populated by mass-production Evas?

[size=smaller](If you're going to dangle a straight-line that good, I'll bite...)[/size]
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Chapter 325
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Epic handshake is epic.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Gah. I had a flash of insight at page 7 about something... but I didn't stop to write it down, and by the time I finished the chapter, I'd forgotten what I'd realized. Argh.
-- Bob
---------

I assume it was more important than commenting on the protagonist trying to befriend somebody named Fate in the middle of a battle...
--
Rob Kelk

No, not a Nanoha joke/ref, no.

Still can't remember. Argh.
-- Bob
---------

What is thy bidding, my master?
(Chapter 326 is up)
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

I remembered what it was. (I am typing this before reading the new chapter in case I've hit on something that's revealed there.)

Bear with me as this is still half-formed, but... the baddies' argument is that most of the people of the magical world aren't "real", they are soulless simulations.

But...

We've seen Negi essentially make or give a soul to Chachamaru, who worried that she wasn't "real" before. Perhaps that's the heart of Negi's plan -- knowing he'd done it once before for one person, it's just a matter of will and raw power to do it for an entire world's population.
-- Bob
---------

I'm going to be rather intrigued if this is leading to a First Girl Wins situation between Fate and Shiori. It would explain why she's been the one most willing to contradict her own orders for what she sees as Fate's own good.

Also, Secundum is hilarious to watch.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

327 is out!

That was the quickest introduction-to-death-in-X-pages I've ever seen in this manga...

Ugh... and now I can't even hate Fate's coffee-drinking ways... DAMN YOU AND YOUR SYMPATHETIC CHARACTERS AT ALL LEVELS, AKAMATSU!
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke

And now we're back with Chapter 328

Akamatsu is a teasing bastard, really. Still, it took him long enough to get to this point.
---
waste."

About... Freaking... Time!

(I was starting to think this was DragonBall...)
--
Rob Kelk

And here's Chapter 329
-----

330's up
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power. Its burning grip tells me to defeat you....
Shining FINGER!" -Domon Kashuu, Mobile Fighter G Gundam

About freaking time you showed up...
--
Rob Kelk

Is that Libera Me From Hell I hear?

I think I just heard Libera Me From Hell start up...
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead