Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newest Random Music/Youtube vid thread Go!

And yet, still recognizably so.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
My own contribution
Via the Bad Astronomy BlogEl Cielo de Canarias / Canary sky - Tenerife from Daniel López on Vimeo.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg

Wow, that's lovely. And it reminds me of the work of another person that posts on Vimeo. (Note: Best results if you watch it in full screen - the tiny window does not do this video justice.)
http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id= ... w_portrait The Mountain from Terje Sorgjerd on Vimeo.

If Ubereffinawesome needed an example so it could be a real word, here it is:
http://youtu.be/GC-ZmlwBWKM
And the original for comparison
http://youtu.be/53c8reh_uh0

Okay... I just played both together to get the sounds mixed while watching the opening for Game of Thrones. It's kinda important to mix the two, or else you won't get the other 'little' sounds like the grinding gears and such.

All I have to say is that works together in an epically awesome manner, and that the heavy metal version needs to be properly integrated into the opening on YouTube for maximum enjoyment. (^_^)

Okay, I wouldn't have called this: Someone decided to run the visuals for the
legendary video of Christopher Walken dancing and flying to Fatboy
Slim's "Weapon of Choice" backwards while playing the song normally.

And it works.
(And if you've never seen the original, you've missed a great video... and Christopher Walken proving that he is THE MAN! Embedding of the original is prohibited, but you can click here to watch it on YouTube. )

... holy crap, did they plan this when they originaly made the film clip?

also yes, Walken is the Man... posibly related to the G man from half life as well Tongue

No, he IS the G-Man! Big Grin

"Don't disappoint me...

Or I'll make you wish you could die."

*shivers*

Anybody else think GLADOS and AM would get along famously? o.o;;;

Hmmmm, nah. GLaDOS is a straight-up sociopath. Once she has no more use for you, she disposes of you. AM, on the other hand, craves to torment people, going as far as to give the last five survivors immortality to prolong their suffering.

EPIC! SWEDISH! MEATBAAAAAAAALLLLS!

''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat

-- James Nicoll

Hmmm. I have no mouth, and I must test?

Even more Epic Sweedish Meatballs:
http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/sY_Yf ... 1&hl=en_US
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Cat training Video

HAH!!! Reminds me of a term a good friend of mine coined while watching his litter of kittens play: jumping ass-sideways.
Is This How Spiderman Got Started?

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

D'awww Big Grin

-- James Nicoll

No, its how spiderWOMAN got started...
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Do you remember when...
Do you remember when Daddy would stick candy in the grate and make us climb up to get it?
No sis, the repeated falls and head injuries have crippled my ability to recall anything.

Hey it's good exercise for kids. The some of the foster kids my niece had use to do that and the harder variant (spider crawl? Whatever you call using both sides of the doorway to climb up) all the time.

Now for something I made

Strong language but a talk for graphic designers/freelance artists:

2011/03 Mike Monteiro | F*ck You. Pay Me. from SanFrancisco/CreativeMornings on Vimeo.

-- James Nicoll

Spaaaaaaaaaace [Image: banana-dance.gif]

Before we lock-and-load for our trip down to San Antonio, here's something y'all might expect of me... [Image: banana-dance.gif]

--------------
Epsilon