Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest Loon Alive
Fastest Loon Alive
It struck me that, once Doug learned about superheroes, he might look for songs about them, to duplicate abilities. Most of them are a bit deconstructionist and probably aren't helpful ("Jimmy Olsen's Blues" and "Kryptonite" come to mind), but "The Ballad of Barry Allen" provides a pretty good internal monologue of what it would be like to be the Flash. I think 4:16 of moving so fast that the world seems stationary might be a good power for Doug.

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Months behind I know, but this forum is so slow, who really cares about necro? Anyway - I agree that being a speedster is a useful power, but Doug already has a song that makes him faster than The Flash - Madonna's _Ray of Light_ converts him into tachyonic matter, while in DCU anything that reaches the speed of light instead of skipping over it with dimensional shenanigans merges into the Speed Force. (Or maybe it's just speedsters? I've never been much for DCU to tell the truth)
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

CD, remember that he can't use a song more than once per day. It's already established that, if he finds songs with duplicate effects, he still likes to stockpile them in his helmet if the duplication is potentially useful.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Absolutely true. I was just commenting on the fact that the adaptation of Flash's title doesn't quite apply, or not in the same sort of way - and if he ever dropped in on the JLA he could make them go "Bwah?" as much as everywhere else.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows