Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be 3, Son of Crossovers!
Re: "Did you just turn your manacles into laser beams?&
Quote:
I didn't make this one, but it has to be pointed out.
Saw vs. MacGyver
I just want to note that I copied that passage over to the TV Tropes Wiki for use as the lead quote on the Crossovers page, and got a "Best Quote Evar!" for it. I did of course deny authorship...-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Sorry for the late addition
Quote:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DA: Jayne, you ignorant slut...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A line I was planning to use if I ever wrote a DW story in Firefly:
"Jayne, get me off this crazy thing!"
-- Bob
How about quote from the Joker?

'I have a name for my pain". (While looking at Jayne)
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: Sorry for the late addition
Whoops.Mispost.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
Shrapnel
"The Melancholy of Usagi Tsukino."
Picture it: the ENTIRE Silver Millenium mythos is a creation of Usagi's mind, as are the Senshi's powers, _and_ the various villains. Artemis and Luna were ordinary cats who got "uplifted" when Usagi's powers went online... or when she retroactively (re?)created the world, depending on whose theory you subscribe to. Just who knows how much, exactly, about the "reality" of the situation is open for authorial creativity....
------------------------------------------------
This is one I actually started writing once. You know the Hollywood "one-line pitch"? This fic _literally_ came to me as just such a one-liner: "Gendo Ikari is the embittered adult incarnation of Keiichi Morisato, and NERV is his weapon to take revenge on Heaven and Hell for taking Belldandy away from him."
Imagine NGE as a sort of revenge epic, styled a bit like In Nomine and/or NXE, where the entire idea is to maneuver both sides of the Celestial conflict into such a precarious balance that mere human intervention can send both sides toppling into oblivion...
The Magi=The Norns.
Gendo's office Tree? Yggdrasil.
Ristuko? Megumi (skip the sexual stuff, though).
Professor Fuyutski: Chihiro.
Misato... hm. Saoko?
I dropped the idea after about a week, once it sunk in that there just wasn't any plausible way to get from OMG to NGE.
-------------------------------------------
To steal one of my own 'sig lines from a few years back: "Agent Mulder? My name is Neo. Can we talk?"
-------------------------------------------
RGU/Patlabor: Wakaba writes a series of letters describing the increasing levels of weirdness around Otori Academy and her own growing fears to her mother, who decides to take some action of her own. The key point here being Wakaba's last name....
Wakaba's eyes were huge and brimming as she looked at her childhood playmate. "Oh, Alphonse! You look like a giant pincushion!"
Noa Shinohara's voice came over the PA speakers. "Don't worry, dear. It's all superficial damage -- Alphonse-kun has been through much worse."
Akio looked like someone had taken away his candy. "But-- but-- this is supposed to be a *shoujo* series with yuri overtones, not some, some, uncouth shonen-mecha comedy series!" He was actually _whining_.
Alphonse shrugged a bit, without his massive revolver losing the bead it was holding on the would-be pretender prince. "Shonen, Shoujo -- I'm the one with the gun."
Re: Shrapnel
Quote:
I dropped the idea after about a week, once it sunk in that there just wasn't any plausible way to get from OMG to NGE.
I disagree... Try watching the OMG movie. This will be fairly fllooded with spoilers from it.
All the parts nessassary are in that. They have a disgrunteled 1st class god summon the 'cosmic super string' and summon something Eva style angel-like ginormus thing that physically cutting away at the thing with a scyth. This type of 'angel' will cover the giant killer things and resources for the genetics of Eva. Make the scyth wielder the anchor of the moon.
When I say 'anchor' what I mean is that The World Tree isn't really the thing holding the universe together... what it is is the combined power of all the worship powered supernatural enitities thrown together into one massive self-substaning reality controlling artifact that is held together by anchor concepts made 'flesh'. Old basic worshipped things like the sun and the moon, the sea, the sky, etc... are incarnate in avatars like the scyth wielder. By destroying an anchor the Yggdrasil losses a chunk of control over reality.
Eventually they run out of anchors and the Yggdrasil is open to corruption giving 'Gendo' the ability to complete the ritual in the Dead Sea Scrolls, that these anchors and such are described in, to break the Overgod's connection to the Yggdrasil and allow someone else to take over as the core of the Tree. The overgod is the fused heads of the pantheons that made the Yggdrassil possible. This means that the Sun and/or Thunder will be the last as it is close to so many head god's aspects.
The children are half breed gods and demons... in the movie there was a gateway that all mortal/god couples had to go through to prove their love is good enough to last, if not they can never get close to or contact each other ever again. Only the gate is rigged it doesn't even bother to check, it just separates them... Half breeds counter that actions of the Overgod and it takes years to stop their defiance (mostly by killing them off or recruiting them and removing their mortal parts).
Shinji is Belldandy's and Kiechi's kid that the birth of was the trigger for their gate trek and should have happened midpregnacy, but a bug delayed the date for a few months. Asuka is a half demon, whoes mom 'killed' herself to screw Asuka enough to be ready for full demonhood... the corpse was a fake. The rest of the children are also half breeds which can pilot the Eva (human/avatar hybrid cyborgs).
Rei is a cloned shell of a mostly human hybrid with a modified angel egg that is switch betweem host bodies. Whether a trained blank or a previously different entity is your choice (Holy Bell, Belldandy's angel was once a demon).
Random cults started by those with access to Dead Sea Scroll are attempting manifest the avatars and sick them on the cosmic super string in an attempt to do something or other (varies by cult), random midlevel demons think they are the object of worship in the cults and grant the cultists powers... which see this as proof of their religion being real... only to have them try the final ritual and get themselves and the demons that think they are being worshiped get killed off in the summoning.
In the end Hell's forces are more or less innocent bystanders and The head of Nilfhelm is going to get booted as a side effect rather than an active target. You could also have some cults worshipping the godly avatars and half the deomic ones. The entities that are promoting the cults are too low level to know what they are getting into and the ones that actually know any of this are caught in rules and rituals that make it so they can't disappear.
If the avatars sever the CSS the Yggdrasil will have to be stopped or the whole system will collapse taking most of the entities involved above 3rd class down with it, including the Overgod. Once the avatars are stopped new ones can be created, but only once they are all gone... leaving a window to replace the Overgod and the Underlord with pilots. Evas and the production line can be used as new anchors that will grant a new Overgod statis and ice the old one.
Thus Gendo/Kiechi is still after his wife with the Eva program and the only casting change you need to do is Saoko Ritsuko and Misato Megumi... That way the dynamic can be the same mostly and Megumi is still not told what the hell is going on.
At least that is a rough outline of how this could work.
Quote:
(Holy Bell, Belldandy's angel was once a demon).
Er... Belldandy's other angel, the one that Keiichi has in the current translated manga, used to be a demon, but as far as I know Holy Bell's always been on the side of the angels.
Even in stories like this, where you're mangling continuity, it's good to stick to continuity as much as possible. That highlights the surreality of what you are changing...

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Fair enough my mistake... still the concept is sound if the details are slightly off.
A teenage boy in formfitting combat armor, defending a city and all of humanity, while trying to work through his issues with a cold, calculating, emotionally distant father figure.
His two female teammates, one an extremely extroverted redhead, and the other pale and withdrawn.
A semi-humorous animal sidekick.
A tech expert who feels somewhat disconnected from the rest of humanity.
Teen Titangelion
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
Quote:
A semi-humorous animal sidekick.

Pen-Pen of course.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Or Beast-Boy. Or Beast-Boy as Pen-Pen. That's sort of the point.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be 3, Son of Crossovers!
(I actually ran into this idea a bit ago, but I don't *think* I've posted it)
Raistlin, through his experiments and study, has grown to such heights of power that he is fit to challenge the very Gods themselves. He travels willingly through the Door of Night and into the Void, and there faces the Lord of the Dark and faces him in battle.
Each produces a small red and white ball, and throws them to the ground, summoning powerful servants to fight on their behalf.
"Caramon...!"
"Sarumon...!"
"I choose you!"
"Wonder Nin Powers, ACTIVATE!
Form of... a naked girl!"
*SMACK*
"STOP DOING THAT!!"--------------------
I'll snap your neck like a tomato!

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
So I saw this image in the motivational poster thread.
And I started really thinking about the armband. Armband. Armband. Where have I seen armbands like that before...
*A pair of large red exclaimation points appears above Morgan's head*
What if, instead of starting a random organization like the SOS Brigade, Haruhi was stepping up to address a genuine problem and dragging everyone else along for the ride?
Then she just might form an organization called the
Save the world with
Extracurricular
Execution
Suzumiya Haruhi's Brigade
Or, the SEES Brigade for short.
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya/Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3.
I'm seriously contemplating comissioning fanart of Haruhi shooting herself in the head now. '.'
-Morgan, won't even try to guess what Haruhi's Persona would look like..."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)
A dark night in a city that knows how to keep its secrets. But on the 12th floor of the Hokage Tower, one man is trying to find the answers to life's persistent questions..... Maito Gai, Private Eye.
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
--Dr. Seuss
Quote:
I'm seriously contemplating comissioning fanart of Haruhi shooting herself in the head now. '.'
There is one already somewhere of that, but unfortunately if I have a copy of it I don't know where it is. If you lurk 4chan enough you can probably find it.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
Quote:
There is one already somewhere of that, but unfortunately if I have a copy of it I don't know where it is. If you lurk 4chan enough you can probably find it.
I'm pretty sure you can find ANYTHING if you lurk long enough on 4chan.
Yeah, but it's like the Necronomicon. What you gain in Dark Knowledge that Man Was Not Meant To Know (and pictures of random anime characters) you lose in sanity.
Could it be, then, when they post 'GTFO', that Anonymous--gathering up the last vestiges of his/her/its sanity--is actually warning the recipient away from 4chan's eldritch/shock-image horrors? Two great tastes that go great together!
Quote:
Could it be, then, when they post 'GTFO', that Anonymous--gathering up the last vestiges of his/her/its sanity--is actually warning the recipient away from 4chan's eldritch/shock-image horrors?

More likely is that after gorging oneself on the collective meat-drippings from the rotting corpse of the Internet, your insanity is inferior, and will be shunned like a pride of lions, ignoring a rotting wildebeest carcass in favor of spray-painting your children with 'break in case of emergency' stencils. Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Quote:
There is one already somewhere of that, but unfortunately if I have a copy of it I don't know where it is. If you lurk 4chan enough you can probably find it.
Actually using an evoker though? Because you know, it's not really the same if it's something else. '.'
(And yeah... you can probably find anything on 4chan, it's just a question of how much of your life you're willing to spend on it. I may be immune to image damage, but those things just take way too much time.)
So I was thinking more about the members of the SEES Brigade and their combat styles.
Haruhi: Bow. Partly because I like the image, partly because never fumbling suits her, and partly because it seems to be very very effective in the game.
Yuki: Support until partway through. In combat, she punches things until they fall down. Which usually doesn't take very long. Again, because I like the image.
Mikuru: Replaces Yuki as support. (Basically, she's in Fuuka's position. And as a side note, I like Fuuka and her voice. >.>)
Ryoko Asakura: Dual knives, obviously. The astute observer will have observed that I like scenarios where Ryoko gets to stick around.
Tsuruya: Laughs at the enemy until they keel over. Okay, not really. '.' But I'm not sure what.
Itsuki: Broadsword
Kyon: Not-so-broad sword. (Whatever it is that the main character in P3 starts with. But Haruhi's still the main character. '.' )
...And that's where I pretty much ran out of ideas. '.' As well as not being sure what weapons show up later in P3. Or who I'd assign them to. '.'
-Morgan."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
---(Not really)
Quote:
Then she just might form an organization called the
Save the world with
Extracurricular
Execution
Suzumiya Haruhi's Brigade
Nah, wait for this one before having Haruhi off herself:
Save the world with
Extracurricular
Evasion
Lies and
Evangelism
(We all know the crossover, right?)

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk

What does someone shooting themself in the head have to do with offing themself?
After all, in Persona 3, you shoot yourself in the head to kill the *enemy*...
One of the characters asks why it looks like a gun, but as far as I know it's never explained...
-Morgan. Maybe it'll turn out to be Highly Symbolic... Nah, that'd make too much sense."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
---(Not really)
...all this discussion of suicide and anime and NGE..
has lead me to a disasterous conclusion.

Akane Tendo, Juggalo.
Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Oh! Edo Rocket Girls
In the mid-19th century, a brave band tries to build a rocket... but it can't lift its intended passenger, Sora. So they send up O-Nui instead.

(Y'know, I don't care if nobody else gets the joke for this one...)
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Fusing Everything With Haruhi, The Legend Continues:
Magical Boy Lyrical Kyon
starring
Kyon as Nanoha ("It's a kilt.")
Haruhi as Yuuno ("Just do it already!")
Mikuru as Fate ("I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!")
Tsuruya as Arf ("Nyeh heh heh heh.")
Yuki as Chrono ("...")
Itsuki as Lindy ("What are these markings on my forehead?")
And of course, as Precia is...
... We couldn't find anyone willing to play Precia?
*Kyon and Mikuru blink*
Kyon: I suppose there's no reason for us to fight then, is there?
Mikuru: ...
Kyon: ...So, do you want to go have some tea or something?
Mikuru: ... Ah, hai!
*Kyon and Mikuru leave*
Haruhi: Hey! Get back here!
Tsuruya: Nyeh heh heh heh. ^.^
-Morgan. Never read a book on Scotland before being given an Intelligent Device..."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
---(Not really)