Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harry Potter and the Aardvark's Judgement
Re: Harry Potter and the Aardvark's Judgement
Quote:
a Dark Lord who wanted immortality should make one phylactery, (I'm sticking to the word out of real myth, now that I've remembered it) enclose it in a rock, and throw it in the ocean, not putz around with flashy historical trinkets that the good guys can research and easily find in a pile of other stuff due to their distinctiveness.
Um... no. See once the body is kills the liches soul and mind gets sucked into phylactery and then the lich has to work from there. If you pitch it into the sea and get your body offed your going to end up in the bottom of the sea somewhere and if you can only go a certain distance from the phylactery your going to be screwed. Being immortal is going to be very boring at the bottom of the sea.
Also, last thing you want is the sea water corroding it and not being able to get to it in time to fix it.
It may also be that you need an object you have a person connection to... at least enough to declare that object very important to you. If you can't make a phylactery out of any old rock. Remember the first one was some random diarry of his. Not something anyone really knew existed in the first place and he hid it in the plumbing. At least that's what I remember him doing, I may be off.
I think eacch time you make a phylactery your wisdom score drop apoint or two. I think your only suppose to make one. Tom just kept making them until he liked the number... I think he got a little more crazy with each phylactery he made... which is why they keep getting more obvious. His wisdom score kept going down until he thought it was a good idea to torture his own inner circle willy nilly and that he should use his ultimate kill spell on a one-year-old rather that stomping on it or smooshing it under a book case or senting it out a window or feeding it to his familar or setting it on fire or something.
Not that I'm arguing she is an A-list writer. She took a bunch of historical themes and wrote a story with all the classic piece involved. However she did make a prime virtue of a large segment of the Wizarding World inbreeding after all. I'm not expecting them to be smart on the whole. They also make sure that the muggle born that has an interest in both worlds is the smartest in school.
Personally, I'm more annoyed with the GoF movie as they left so much info out of it I spent half the movie explaining what was going on to my brother and father who hadn't read the books... and a little under an hour after the movie also.
I also think that she wants fanfiction to be written and that is why it gets longer, but less satisfying as she goes on. Wishful thinking perhaps.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Harry Potter and the Aardvark's Judgement - by Kokuten - 07-25-2006, 06:45 AM
Re: Harry Potter and the Aardvark's Judgement - by Necratoid - 07-25-2006, 08:00 AM
Re: Harry Potter and the Aardvark's Judgement - by Necratoid - 07-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Re: Harry Potter and the Aardvark's Judgement - by Loki Laufeyjarson - 07-27-2006, 06:54 PM
but what if he _isn't_ - by Rieverre - 07-27-2006, 09:19 PM
Re: but what if he _isn't_ - by ClassicDrogn - 07-28-2006, 03:37 AM
Re: but what if he _isn't_ - by Necratoid - 07-28-2006, 05:18 AM
Re: but what if he _is_ O_o - by WengFook - 07-28-2006, 05:51 AM