Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver-series nanoarmors (broken out of Lettuce+Bunny)
Silver-series nanoarmors (broken out of Lettuce+Bunny)
Because it has no real relevance to what Nathan or Greiver are writing, though I mentioned it in that thread by way of where my own Otome-SI-musings had gone...
Quote:
Hey, Drogn? The way you're talking, those nanite packets have more powers than just healing... I'm curious to know what they are. ^_^
To really explain, I have to give ashort design lineage on what's now known a Guardian 215 in my Bubblegum Disaster setting - beginning with the other things its drawn from.
the Venom symbiote - an alien entity capable of changing its shape and coloring to make the user appear to be wearing any outfit, and (as a logical extension I don't rmmeber seeing) form disguises to look like any humanoid of approximately similar build
the Guyver symbiote - able to form or stow a hard armor shell in some sort of extradimensioanl pocket and equipped with various energy wepaons, and the ability to manipulate gravity for flight, it's actually rather similar in concept to Venom depending on how you look at it
Iron Man/War Machine - pretty much the ne plus ultra in technological battle suits, skin tight or nearly so but able to perform in the same league as beings like The Silver Surfer, who draw on fuyndamental universal forces. Only lacks the cnocealability of the previous two
Nightwatch - a less-well-known Marvel character, whose suit bares a suspiscious resemblence to Spawn's though without the chains. This one is explicitly a swarm of nanies pretending to be fabric, and by the end of the mini-series was spontaneously forming weaponry larger than the wearer on command.
Steel Raine - a one-shot 2099 Unlimited character, she replaced her total blood volume with her breed of nannies which then acted for her rather the way Caqrnage's Venom-derived symbiote does for him... only possibly more deadly, what with being able to form tacyon-based weapons able to penetrate adamantium. Fortunately, she's far less insane.
Third Imperium gravatic weapons, from Mutineer's Moon - you know, those little sidearms that an unenhamced human had to have refited for use with two hands, that shred anything in the line of fire to paste.
I don't recall where the medical applications of it came from, but that's probably either more of Weber's writing or Popular Science, and the desire to duplicate the effects of Omega-2

Anyway, throw all that in a blender, set it on puree, and pour out the Ubermunchkin result...
First iteration: Quicksilver - little different from a technological Venom/Carnage, and from Steel Raine mainly in that it doens't need to be 'grown' and then imported to the body - the silverseed mentioned in the other thread, looking like a chrome-plated heart about an inch in diameter and maybe 3/16ths of an inch thick will suffice, placed under the tongue where it quickly puts a minor nerve block in place, cuts open the blood vessels, and enters, then closes the wound and releases the block. Enough control and data storage is in this initial package to take contorl of any nannie the host might already have and put them to work in whatever capacity they may be able for (in Arika's case, coordinated medical treatment for a not-quite-immediately-fatal stab wound, when counterattacking the gang proved to be a less than stellar idea), but anything particularly spectacular has to wait on forming control crystals for the kind of core tap 215 runs on - which in crossover is the difference between various Otome gems - they all act as control, but the higher grade gems have more power generation capacity. As an aside, the problem with certain bodily fluids that the Otome nannies have will shortly cease to be a problem after Silverseed infection.
Once the neural interface is in place and any bodily injuries or problems are at least stabilized and preferably corrected, the suit proper begins to be gorwn over the skin, starting from the hands and eyes as the most vulnerable points, then other soft tissue, then total coverage. At this stage, the neuroprocesor will have told the user what materials are needed, and if they're uncomfortable with using reinforced teeth and jaws to directly eat them, just sticking chucks next to their skin or in the worst case spending lots of time lying in a field while little mobile slime-mold-like scavenger colonies pull it out of the ground will suffice. A duplicate Silverseed can be formed within a few hours back under the tongue, if neccessary, or from the outer suit material once it forms. Yes, giving one to Erstine for that little acid burn is overkill, but Ari8ka's thoguht patterns are like "AAAH! SOMEONE ATTACKED ME!! AAAAAAAHH! ERSTINE GOT HURT SAVING ME!!! GOTTA HELP GOTTA HELP HOW HOW HOW!?" and she rolls with the option as soon as the neuroproc offers it. Forming it under her tongue, of course, and delivering via mouth-to-mouth, because I'm an unabashed hentai who enjoys the notion of lesbian schoolgirls.
Complete, the medical functions are fully on line, ridiculously enhanced strength and toughness likewise. Endurance remains limited all along by the need to actually move as the suit moves, but with it taking on almost all of the effort that's still impressive. Disguise abilities are also in full effect, with the suit forming a layer btween 1/16 to 1/4 inch thick over the entire body. The Quicksilver can also make a nanoweave fabric fast enoguh to pull off imitating Spiderman's web lines, or make the silvery, shimmering stuff in bolts as wide as the longest reasonably stright line that can be formed along the user's body - though you need either a high-energy laser or more nanites to actually cut the stuff into patterns let alone tailor it. An outer layer of this can be formed when the user expects to go into combat, leading to the name, and a layer is normally kep as a substrate over the users vitals. I believe MDC was around 150 for the main body, this having been during my unfortunate Rifts addiction, legs having 75%, arms 50% and head 25% per standard.

That's kind of a half-step to the second iteration, with adds a subspace pocket to store a few hard armor plates and heavy weapons, for when thigs get serious. This includes bracers (with no visible muzzle) with the gravity guns built into them, bracers (with three visible ports, ala the Akagiyama-23) that fire unending volleys of mini-missiles from storage, and which are actually less absolutely dangerous than the gravity beams, and the ability to make any edge on the hard armor or any weapon-shaped chunk as might be desired and popped out of storage into a vibroblade at will. These gravity weapons are about equivalent to the bad guy handgun from Grenadier that blows neat holes through castles, by the bye.
A slim backpack holds suplemental power generation and gravatic flight equipment, no more than an inch and a half or so thick - easily hidden under loose clothing, or the diguise of same. This was called Armored Quicksilver, and is roughly in line with the Iron Man/War Machine look. The armor plates doubled MDC.

Going overboard with this (in the original concept this was an anti-fleet developement) plates everything over with bands of semi-hard armor, ala Colossus's traditional look before the "second astage mutations" thing hit the X-books, more coverage of the chunky heavy armor, a bigger backpack for the uprated power supply to drive a couple of War Machine-style shoulder mounts, equipped with vastly uprated versions of the gravity gun (Star Wars capital ship grade) The bracer volume thus freed up is devoted to generation equipment for force field based melee weepons, able to be formed blunt or with an edge fine enough to slice atomic nucleii, and of any length from the microscopic to several miles - and as energy constructs, even the ones miles long have so little inertia that they can be easily swung, either relying on their sharpness to cut through or the user's strength to do blunt damage - obviously limited to the blunt dmaamge the user can do, but with strength to pick up and toss one of those capital ships that's not such a problem. This is Silverbullet, with 500 MB MDC

There was one more developement, that actually scaled back the power in favor of stealth and using lots of little remote units, but I never finished that part of the story before realising how truly bad it was, and never got around to seriouslky trying to revise it before the cheap, overloaded, fiuberboard computer table collapsed and caused a head crash on that hard drive. The replacement computer had this wierd noisy thing called a modem, and then I discovered that there was all kinds of net fiction, and my own writing volume has never really recovered, even if the quality seriously improved. Taking them out of the Palladium gaming system, and compared to Otome, (partularly the Meister-level Otome with their ability to leave big blast craters as collateral damage when facing each other) they're not as overpowered as all that save in being exoatmospherc capable, and not needing a second person to set them loose.
Combining the two, though... I dunno, they'd probably overlap more than synergize. It would be a way for Arika to make her resolution not to use the Otome powers any more stick, at least, and serves the purpose of not quite killing Erstin, who's too much a sweetie to sacrifice, and getting rid of that STUPID looking costume design for the Sapphire Robe. Gvien that the overplot is more about who they are or what they know than what powers the girls happen to be using, I don't think it would really change enoguh to be worth writing for real.
Erstine trying to use a Slave gem with a fully online and developed Silverbullet doesn't work because the system notes the corruptive effect of the intruding energy and juettisons that hand before it can contaminate her, then reforms a field expedient replacement and armors up since she's initiating combat, at which point things proceed much as in canon except that her backup, silcon-based brain survives the encounter and the following explosion as Arika loses it, ala Guyver cntrol medallion, and a body is reformed for her capable of moving and masquerading as her usual self by the time Mashiro leaves with the refugees, though not actually containing much biological material at that point. Actual restoration is ongoing as she eats, at that point, though having mostly clear memories of not quite being unconscious as she was blown to pieces by the overhead explosion between Sapphire Robe and Black Diamond Robe energy even as she travels with a bunch of refugees, apparently hale and hearty (and unuually able to resist hunger pangs, thoguh she's aware of a desire to eat) makes for one confused girl, even before the substance of what was said and done otherwise in that meeting.

I had pictures of all of these, but can't find them now - though if I turn up the one for the female/Armored QS I'll post a scan - it was actually not bad, due to having taken a tracing for a base and having the armor added over it, kind of a dragonhide-theme with Cobra Commander mirrored face plate.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Messages In This Thread
Silver-series nanoarmors (broken out of Lettuce+Bunny) - by ClassicDrogn - 03-22-2006, 12:33 AM
Quicksilver - by WengFook - 03-22-2006, 07:15 AM
Re: Quicksilver - by ClassicDrogn - 03-22-2006, 07:54 AM
Re: Quicksilver - by Valles - 03-22-2006, 09:37 AM
Re: Quicksilver - by ClassicDrogn - 03-22-2006, 09:54 AM
Re: Quicksilver - by Valles - 03-22-2006, 10:44 AM
*sigh* - by Rieverre - 04-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Re: Silver-series nano-armors - by DHBirr - 04-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Re: Silver-series nano-armors - by CattyNebulart - 04-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Re: Silver-series nano-armors - by ClassicDrogn - 04-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Re: Silver-series nano-armors - by Valles - 04-07-2006, 07:05 PM