Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver-series nanoarmors (broken out of Lettuce+Bunny)
Re: Silver-series nanoarmors (broken out of Lettuce+Bunny)
Well, I'll admit that there's nothing in my mental arsenal of a comperable 'Wow that's scary' level, but I do have a design for a veritech based off of the F-16's form factor... which I believe may be a first, since every other type I know of was double-engined.
The nose is the core of the design - shoulder blocks attach to it in what's a sort of Y-pattern in fighter mode, then swing down a hundred and eighty degrees to arrive in Battloid position. Except for the strakes on either side of the nose, the arms form the entire wing root - all the way back to the tail, whose horizontal surfaces turn into sort of target-type forearm shields, and of course the actual wings articulate back off of the shoulder blocks in a way that I haven't quite bothered to work out yet.
The central fuselage seems wider than the classic F-16 type, and is a little flatter since it splits into dorsal and ventral plates. The dorsal plate may or may not simply slide down over the cockpit - I'm sort of debating that, with the other option being for it to split in half and brace to either side of the cockpit, sort of like suspenders or something... only not as dorky.
The ventral plate levers a goodly distance away from where the main fuselage seemed to be, so that the engine block can slide all the way back up right against the main intake before the entire assembly rotates around to snug down against the 'back' of the machine, so that it looks sort of like somebody put a jet engine on a hiking pack's frame. The tail, BTW, is sort of diamond-shaped rather than raked back like the classic Viper, and slides 'up' or 'forward' a little, to keep it out of the soldier mode's way.
In fighter mode the legs look like a pair of large drop tanks, placed a la the X-15, which slide back to the rear of the ventral plate early on and so get swung right up to the hip joints on the sides of the nose when that stage goes off.
Overall the impression is a sort of sleek and spindly looking robot wearing a big fricking turbine on its back.
Ja, -n

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"

Messages In This Thread
Re: Silver-series nanoarmors (broken out of Lettuce+Bunny) - by Valles - 03-22-2006, 03:35 AM
Quicksilver - by WengFook - 03-22-2006, 07:15 AM
Re: Quicksilver - by ClassicDrogn - 03-22-2006, 07:54 AM
Re: Quicksilver - by Valles - 03-22-2006, 09:37 AM
Re: Quicksilver - by ClassicDrogn - 03-22-2006, 09:54 AM
Re: Quicksilver - by Valles - 03-22-2006, 10:44 AM
*sigh* - by Rieverre - 04-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Re: Silver-series nano-armors - by DHBirr - 04-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Re: Silver-series nano-armors - by CattyNebulart - 04-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Re: Silver-series nano-armors - by ClassicDrogn - 04-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Re: Silver-series nano-armors - by Valles - 04-07-2006, 07:05 PM