Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver-series nanoarmors (broken out of Lettuce+Bunny)
Re: Quicksilver
nah, the stealth version from the end of the series was called Silvermist, and had a cloud of nannies around it all the time, which would redirect light/radar/etc. around it on command to become invisible, and the volume dedicated to heavy power generation in a Silverbullet replaced by systems to make it invisible on mass and subspace-based sensors as well. Imaging and whatnot was a computer generated composite from a half dozen or more flying, mouse-sized remotes (up to hundreds at a time) that ended up working a lot like Diana's spores in HiME (which proabbly explains why Diana was my favorite Child, come to think of it) and offense was generally handled by fat-hamster-sized remotes with one of the bracer-style weapon systems. Given that it still had the subspace pocket storage there's no real reason you COULDN'T take on a fleet of Super Star Destroyers as handily in a Silvermist as a Silverbullet, but you'd have to drop the stealth effect to do it and bring out a supplementary power supply.
(And, grantered, the main reason either one of them could do the job is because there's nothing big enoguh to take them out that can be aimed at a human sized target on an SSD, and the forceblades would be able to slice up the engine rooms where even capship-grade weapons would take hours of solid firing to do noticeable structural damage)
RE F-16 transformer - That sounds basically like a samller, single-engine version of the YF-21/VF-22, I think. Pity one of the HiME isn't a military brat, or her Child could possess a Mitsu F-2 ala Artemis and use that on camera [Image: smile.gif] Eh, maybe one of the Orphans, since the JSDF has stepped in and gotten in Nagi's way. Or you could hold out on us, for some more in-genre story... but really, what's more in genre for a sentai team than having and/or facing a transforming robot?
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Messages In This Thread
Quicksilver - by WengFook - 03-22-2006, 07:15 AM
Re: Quicksilver - by ClassicDrogn - 03-22-2006, 07:54 AM
Re: Quicksilver - by Valles - 03-22-2006, 09:37 AM
Re: Quicksilver - by ClassicDrogn - 03-22-2006, 09:54 AM
Re: Quicksilver - by Valles - 03-22-2006, 10:44 AM
*sigh* - by Rieverre - 04-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Re: Silver-series nano-armors - by DHBirr - 04-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Re: Silver-series nano-armors - by CattyNebulart - 04-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Re: Silver-series nano-armors - by ClassicDrogn - 04-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Re: Silver-series nano-armors - by Valles - 04-07-2006, 07:05 PM