Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver-series nanoarmors (broken out of Lettuce+Bunny)
Re: Silver-series nano-armors
As Valles said,
Quote:
Well, I'll admit that there's nothing in my mental arsenal of a comperable 'Wow that's scary' level
As I say, Great Dralm, and I thought I was going overboard when I created KirasFulmo (Esperanto for Armored Lightning). I even tried to tone it down! But this Quicksilver stuff! Yeef!
The main thing KF has going for it is that its power source is a miniature (and safe!) equivalent of Weber's "core tap," known as a "micro-spill." Actually, it's got two of them (there's a matter-antimatter reactor for emergency backup) -- one micro-spill for every system except the main guns, and the other devoted to those guns.
The guns are template weapons. The raw energy from the micro-spill feeds into whatever template has been selected, which shapes that energy into some more coherent form: either energy beams of various sorts or a wide variety of material objects. If you were a genius programmer and felt frivolous, you could produce a template that'd make the gun squirt high-quality champagne.
There're three guns: one on each forearm, and a grenade launcher version on the back, pointing over the shoulder wherever the wearer's eyes focus. The grenade launcher can use any template the forearm guns can, plus the grenades, which require a wider bore. Grenades include the "Ninth Plague" smoke grenade, the "Fiat Lux" dazzle grenade (dazzle, hell, it's been known to trigger convulsions), and a fragile capsule full of oxygen superheated to plasma state -- or, alternatively, liquid helium.
For heavy action, they usually go with hyper-velocity tungsten carbide needles or a charming thing I call the "blastlaser" -- a laser beam acting as conduit and propulsion for a tiny particle of antimatter, which is nano-engineered to generate its own containment field as long as the laser is there providing power. The beam shuts off the moment the particle hits the target. Boom. The explosive force is variable by using a smaller particle; at maximum, it can be equivalent to as much as the Hiroshima bomb. But they really don't want to do that -- can you imagine the paperwork afterward?
And yet, from what I gather in the Quicksilver description, they'd just about have to go to firing multi-kilotonne antimatter charges to have a chance against a couple of schoolgirls (lesbian or not). I say again: Yeef!
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Messages In This Thread
Quicksilver - by WengFook - 03-22-2006, 07:15 AM
Re: Quicksilver - by ClassicDrogn - 03-22-2006, 07:54 AM
Re: Quicksilver - by Valles - 03-22-2006, 09:37 AM
Re: Quicksilver - by ClassicDrogn - 03-22-2006, 09:54 AM
Re: Quicksilver - by Valles - 03-22-2006, 10:44 AM
*sigh* - by Rieverre - 04-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Re: Silver-series nano-armors - by DHBirr - 04-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Re: Silver-series nano-armors - by CattyNebulart - 04-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Re: Silver-series nano-armors - by ClassicDrogn - 04-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Re: Silver-series nano-armors - by Valles - 04-07-2006, 07:05 PM