Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You think you got plot bunnies...
You think you got plot bunnies...
I get one-to-three everytime I see something I even remotely like.
For example - 'The Cat Returns' from Studio Ghibli... Thrown in Diane Duane's 'Young Wizards' universe for setting (of course, it's still Japan). Add in all new characters: a Wizard about Haru's age, specializing in machines and constructs (particularly aircraft - Miyazaki and I happen to share a certain passion) with a side interest in 'World Gates', and his two wizardry-practicing parents.
Haru finds an old Wizards Manual accidently left behind by the young wizard. It's not really his, it's a keepsake - wizardry has a strong tradition in his family and it belonged to his grandfather. Mom says he needs to study the book version more since he uses the cheater-version: the manual's software version (Ref. Diane Duane's book, 'High Wizardry').
Anywho... Normally, wizard's manuals appear to normal people as just plain ordinary books. Haru actually sees it for what it is and winds up taking the wizard's oath - and then the original story arc of 'The Cat Returns' is just the tip of the iceberg for Haru's Ordeal - a trial by fire for all novice wizards. How hard is it? To paraphrase one of the characters from 'Deep Wizardry': "Do you ever wonder why you see so many missing children in the news? It's because they wind up in trouble that they can't get out of while on Ordeal."
Adventure that's ten times more wild and dangerous ensues.
-NeoRaven
"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity." -Edgar Allen Poe
Sponsored by Black Aeronaut Technologies -
Aerospace solutions for the discerning spacer.

Messages In This Thread
You think you got plot bunnies... - by Black Aeronaut - 11-30-2005, 02:43 AM
Re: You think you got plot bunnies... - by sweno - 11-30-2005, 10:54 AM
Re: You think you got plot bunnies... - by sweno - 12-01-2005, 04:00 AM
Re: You think you got plot bunnies... - by Kokuten - 12-01-2005, 07:10 AM