Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bit of writing advice.
A bit of writing advice.
Okay, so I'm looking for a bit of writing advice. And I figured I'd ask here, since what I'm writing is something of a crossover, and the half that
isn't Naruto is likely to draw a whole lot of blank looks in general fanfic forums.

First, this (may) be the start of the fic: (but nix the second chapter it no longer applies)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3806066/1/Illusions_Gift

I posted a while ago as an anonymous plug because well... I'm not all that confident with my writing.

At first it was just something of a writing exercise, a bit of lovecraftian horror with Naruto. I was considering continuing in the vein, but realized that, a)
despite enjoying lovecraft, I'm never read it deeply enough to have a good grasp of the details, and b) I'd have absolutely no idea where to go with
it.

Then I had a second fic idea, and realized that... hey! the first chapter actually fits in with the idea pretty well with some minor finagling.

The idea is pretty much this: A Naruto/Shadowrun/Earthdawn crossover, with the Naruto world being the 8th world/age of magic.

I think it has a fair amount of potential, especially when you look at it from a funny angle. (Why there's obviously a seeming huge range of nationalities,
yet they all speak is japanese. The tech inconsistancies, and a bunch of other stuff.)

The thing is, I could still run with the same idea if I scrap what I've written and just start from the base Naruto universe.

So.. umm.. help?

Messages In This Thread
A bit of writing advice. - by s3yang - 04-08-2008, 03:48 PM
[No subject] - by Evil Midnight Lurker - 04-08-2008, 06:43 PM
[No subject] - by s3yang - 04-08-2008, 08:59 PM
[No subject] - by Foxboy - 04-09-2008, 04:52 AM
[No subject] - by s3yang - 04-10-2008, 03:50 AM
[No subject] - by Necratoid - 04-11-2008, 04:46 AM