Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Experiment: Collaborative Plot Design

Err.... as I Star Ranger4... you do realize that you basically married Vernon and Petunia off to each other in middle school for your statement to work
against anything I've said. Yes, I realize that Snape would be in any position to save Lily if he is after Petunia... however your flat out ignoring why
Snape joined the Death Eaters in the first place... which amounts 'to all the cool kids were doing it'. Snape wasn't exactly swimming in extra
friends (even of the fair weather type.) If he is trying to persue a muggle then a Half Blood like Snape has no reason what-so-ever to join another Half blood
on a slaughter the half bloods and muggle borns crusade.

That your insisting that one of the major plot points is that we MUST keep the canon intact, is just icing on your logically faultly arguements. Why would we
want to keep the canon virtually intact for something as major as removing the guy who makes the potions and treats the equipment that makes the Death Eaters
as effective as they are? I already posted a scenario.... which was basically ignored except to promotethe canon police party line.

The reason I bring up the canon police is that contering my scenario was done solely on the basis of 'Not Canon enough', must preserve the canon.
However Shepard did bring up a good point... if Petunia hates magic, because Sanpe is a explitive.... then if he is after her and not maiming her... she
won't hate magic so much she seeks of Vernon. Who I already described the 'Must! BE! NORMALl!' issues of. However I won't just ignore your
scenarios here so...

I'll go with the Canon Police here for a minute (though won't really go for full on support of them)... What if the change isn't in Snape (past
ignoring he won't be the Order spy (If we believe his memories aren't just tailored/altered to make him look better to Son of Lily)) what id the change
is in Petunia. If Snape didn't put her in a cast for weeks on end... so Petunia was just jelous of Lily, rather than hating all magic. Then she could
marry a better man than Vernon (the member of his family show in the canon is as vile as he is, so its a family trait, by breeding or training). Which meakes
the end result a different Harry, with a more/less miserable childhood. Depending on who she does marry... or if she does marry, we can get all kinds of
Harrys ot of this change.

Or maybe the end effect is Petunia marries a skinny guy and is Harry's mean skinny aunt. That and Snape isn't in the Order. Which may send him to
prison... and the students in Potion class rejoice for years for reasons they can't explain.

Or maybe Voldy goes after Petunia to draw James and Lily out of hiding... and Snape snaps and drops a ground zero fireball (Wormtail at least appears to know
how) and takes out himself with Voldy's body and half the high ranking Death Eaters. Being around so much suddenly discharged magic means Dudly ends up a
mage... and goes to school with his cousin Harry. Perhaps orphaned Dudly ends up living with his Aunt and uncle... Voldy is after Dudly from being a survivor
of the event that offfed him.

Snape lives through that and only Vernon dies.... and Petunia marries the guy who saved her life... Snape with a woman is a happier Snape.

So answer me this... why only make changes that make near useless changes to the canon?

If we want to go the other way:

Snape gets turned down by Petunia and becomes Voldy's head male grunt and the Death Eaters off more muggles and generally the timeline goes all Dark fic.
and Snape just doesn't get a chance at redemtion. Or Snape starts in with the potion based wide spread posion clouds and the viel is broken as the muggle
government has to deal with this major national security issue.

In closing, why bother to change anything at all if it basically going to end up the same story as the original canon?

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Shepherd - 05-15-2008, 09:11 PM
[No subject] - by Acyl - 05-15-2008, 09:37 PM
[No subject] - by ECSNorway - 05-15-2008, 10:03 PM
[No subject] - by Shepherd - 05-15-2008, 10:27 PM
[No subject] - by Sirrocco - 05-16-2008, 03:50 AM
[No subject] - by Evil Midnight Lurker - 05-16-2008, 08:04 AM
[No subject] - by Necratoid - 05-16-2008, 10:11 AM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 05-16-2008, 02:11 PM
[No subject] - by Shepherd - 05-16-2008, 04:40 PM
[No subject] - by Wiregeek - 05-16-2008, 05:43 PM
[No subject] - by Star Ranger4 - 05-16-2008, 06:03 PM