Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spiderman... are there any GOOD fanfics out there?

Seconding what DreadnaughtVV recommended. That is an excellent piece.

Unfortunately, I can't really think of any other good Spider-Man stuff.

I recommend http://forgotten.faithweb.com/MaxLandis/legit00.htm]'The Shocker: Legit', but it's not really a Spider-Man piece as such. It's about Spider-Man characters, but not Spidey himself - the webslinger does appear, but isn't really favourably portrayed. The protagonist is Herman Schultz, 'The Shocker', and the main characters are mostly second-string villains and such from Spidey's supporting cast.

I think it's a really good look at a minor Spidey villain who's had enough and is going straight, damnit. It's got a lot of action, very interesting alternate perspectives on the Marvel universe, and a fair bit of dark humour. But the piece could be a bit too over the top and mildly sue-ish, depending on your tastes. It's also quite violent, so your milage may vary.

The fic used to be on fanfiction.net, but was apparently pulled by the writer after Marvel expressed interest in the concept. What I've linked is a (probably unauthorised) mirror which seems to have the complete fic and epilogue.
-- Acyl

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by DreadnaughtVV - 03-12-2009, 09:00 PM
[No subject] - by Acyl - 03-12-2009, 09:46 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 03-13-2009, 12:44 AM
[No subject] - by Wiregeek - 03-13-2009, 01:09 AM
[No subject] - by Epsilon - 03-13-2009, 01:55 AM
[No subject] - by sweno - 03-13-2009, 03:32 AM
[No subject] - by Shay Guy - 03-13-2009, 04:42 AM