Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[RFC][Plotbunny] ATTACK OF THE FLYING KILLER PSYCHO PLOT... Tiger? *Ker-tackle!*

Evil Midnight Lurker Wrote:
blackaeronaut Wrote:Actually, it would be kinda fun if we could cross this baby over with Diane Duane's Young Wizards universe. Calvin and Suzie are both at the perfect age, and Hobbes is a perfect familiar for the both of them. (Really, I wonder if anyone's ever thought of this before. I'll check ff.net later.)
Oh, that would be awesome. o.O;
Not daemon, spirit, etc., but a tenth-life wizard.  Or a cat-wizard, in any case.  (Maybe one of the parents is allergic to cat hair and Hobbes could make himself hypoallergenic but didn't think he could get away with posing as hairless?)
Another point where it's difficult to believe that things are only happening in Calvin's imagination concerns the Duplicator.  There's a point where multiple Calvins are interacting with Mom in a way that's hard to otherwise credit (likewise with the "good" Calvin duplicate later).
Also?  The Snow Goons.  Especially the one that shows up at the door. Smile
Like I said, I'm shocked that no one seems to have thought of this before!  The two are practically made for each other.  On the one side, you have Bill Waterson's exaggerated wild childhood memories and hijinks - the power of being a kid and everything... and on the other side, how youthful innocence, dreams, and daring to believe in the impossible gives you the greatest power to fight back the darkness and the heat-death of the Universe.
Ooohhhhhh yes indeedy, this is gonna be awesome!
And I can see Hobbes as a feline wizard - definitely a Tenth-lifer.  It would actually explain a helluva lot about him and his oddities, not to mention the way that few things ever raise his hair.  He simply has all the nonchalance that only a feline wizard on his Tenth-Life could have.
This also ties in beautifully with how 'powerful' Calvin actually is.  Magic simply happens around him by his sheer force-of-will alone.  The whole 'Stupendous Man' shtick doesn't help matters any.  Wink   The Powers are worried enough that they stuck Hobbes there to keep an eye on him.  And Susie Derkins would be the perfect partner as she would be the brains to back-up his brawn.  Hobbes is there as a reality check.  *Snrt!*
As for why Hobbes, despite his all-knowing wisdom and experience, kept Calvin ignorant and carefree for so long?  Well, if your charge was so friggin' powerful that the Lone Power was gonna come a-knockin' sooner or later and whether you were ready or not, and you had half a heart... well, you'd want the kid to have a blast too, right?  Before he had to suddenly grow up, anyways.
Alright...  This calls for a different plot line.  And MOAR CHARACTERS!  Because if this is a Young Wizards story, it's gonna be all about the crazy-cool characters.  (^_^)

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Evil Midnight Lurker - 06-06-2010, 02:29 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 06-06-2010, 02:32 AM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 06-06-2010, 05:05 AM
[No subject] - by Necratoid - 06-06-2010, 09:41 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 06-06-2010, 10:56 AM
[No subject] - by Shepherd - 06-06-2010, 05:13 PM
[No subject] - by Evil Midnight Lurker - 06-06-2010, 06:00 PM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 06-07-2010, 03:01 AM
[No subject] - by Evil Midnight Lurker - 06-07-2010, 04:33 AM
[No subject] - by Jinx999 - 06-07-2010, 08:18 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 06-07-2010, 09:27 AM