Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plot Bunny For Oh! My Goddess
Plot Bunny For Oh! My Goddess
So, Mark Skarr posted this picture of his WIP over in the Divine Mess forum.  Upon seeing it, my brain automatically tagged her as Urd even though she somewhat lacks the... assets of our favorite Norn of the Past.
Thing is, though, the scene gave me a nice little plot bunny.  After all, how many fics depict Urd getting herself a steady boyfriend?
So, today's Hiro Protagonist is a Dresden type: the blue collar mage, decent skill set, likes to take his time and do it right the first time (workman's ethic).  Odd quirk in his mage abilities: he's on silent running by default - having to sneak around a hyper-sensitive and abusive father gave him a paranoid streak and he has a nasty habit of sneaking up on people (even other mages) without even realizing it.  His foibles: strange attractor (weird shit just happens around him), tends to get foul mouthed when he's pissed (fit to make a sailor look like a monk).  He's also an alcoholic with a tendency towards benders.
On the mundane side of things, he's a great mechanic and has a hobby of restoring antique cars and building hot rods.  He comes to Japan by way of being hired on as the new automotive sciences teacher at Nekomi Tech.  And yes, alcohol was involved in the decision.  (Though more enlightened people, such as Bell-chan, will say otherwise... though he does need a bit of help with his drinking problem.)
He's about twenty-five, and while his in the 'prime of his life' he still can't help but feel like he's lost.
The story starts off with Hiro hanging out someplace near the docks.  It's oh-my-god-in-the-morning, but earlier in the day he had the amazing fortune of finding a liquor store that specialized in importing American booze.  At that moment, he'd love to just sit there and enjoy the little bottle of Southern Comfort he's got in his pocket.  It's a nice night for a drink - cool, but not too cool and a fog just rolled in so that helps with the visibility.
Somewhere in the distance he hears the sounds of a good thrashing going on.  Besides a concerned look, he does nothing - he knows better than to get involved.  Although he mentally prepares himself for trouble when he hears a few bars of loud and raucous rock and roll followed by a muffled explosion.
And then She shows up.  Tall, dark skin, platinum blonde hair, and curves in all the right places.  She's seems startled by your presence at first, but as he tips the bottle in silent greeting to her, she relaxes and then saunters on over.  As she approaches he notes that she's actually taller than him by an inch or two.
"Morning there, stranger," she says in a sexy, husky voice that's as smooth as silk.  "Got enough in that bottle for two?"
And it goes from there.
He starts entering the lives of others as the new teacher at Nekomi.  He's surprisingly engaging and notably passionate about his trade - though not to the extent that Tamiya and Otaki take things, of course.  At first, Urd tries to keep him out of the Shrine, but he starts showing up anyhow to pick her up for dates despite her efforts.  Inevitably, Belldandy notices and he is soon invited in.  Belldandy is Belldandy, and Skuld is a precocious little kid-sister that never let's up on the fact that Urd's got a boyfriend.  Good thing Hiro likes kids - he gives back as good as he gets from Skuld and with a smile to boot.
He gets involved with club projects, soon enough falling into the role as their faculty adviser, and even gets caught up in Mara and Hilde's plots - these come as major surprises as the others see him work his mage mojo and he sees the Norns in action.  Soon enough the question of whether he should really be involved with a Goddess comes up.  In answer, Urd merely forcibly points his head at Keiichi and Belldandy: problem solved.  He also has his alcoholism and his past to confront (child abuse is a bitch).
No guarantee that I'll write this one, but if sooner becomes later and no one's picked this up...
That aside...  Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
Plot Bunny For Oh! My Goddess - by Black Aeronaut - 06-17-2011, 12:59 PM
[No subject] - by Dartz - 06-17-2011, 02:31 PM
[No subject] - by Foxboy - 06-17-2011, 07:49 PM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 06-17-2011, 08:48 PM
[No subject] - by ordnance11 - 06-18-2011, 04:22 AM
[No subject] - by K sai - 06-18-2011, 11:03 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 06-18-2011, 07:56 PM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 06-18-2011, 09:23 PM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 06-19-2011, 05:34 AM
[No subject] - by AdmiralTigerclaw - 06-19-2011, 07:51 AM