Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life, Order 66 and A Ball of Yarn.
Life, Order 66 and A Ball of Yarn.
Man, Yuku doesn't like me today!
My sister and I were discussing why the EU is bad for Star Wars (amongst other things), and she mentioned one of the Encyclopedias that says Boba Fett is alive.  In her words, when reading the section to her husband, she reached the bit where he was eaten by the Sarlaac (where Lucas states he dies), “then the magic happens.”

This set me off on another “if you don’t like the story as is, you don’t have to believe it, but don’t tell me something that’s contradicted by the originator” rants.  (I’m not a fan of the EU by any stretch of the imagination.)

I commented something to the effect that, if they wanted Boba Fett around, why have a wizard do anything to save him (or violate canon), and not do something simple, instead?  Say, Boba, knowing he was in a dangerous line of work having seen his father die before his eyes, had the Kaminoans make a series of clones of him, and he would update their programming after every mission.  If he misses an update (or his death is announced), the next clone comes on line, figures out what happened and goes after the mark.

My sister was gob smacked.  Seriously, I didn’t think it was that hard of a logical leap to make.  It doesn’t violate canon, and, honestly, it would go a long way to indicate how Boba Fett was such a “spectacular” Bounty Hunter without the need for him to be a mix between Batman and Lou Costello.

She started asking me for more ideas, indicating that her husband’s character (from their Star Wars RPG game), Simon, was supposed to be a Republic Clone Trooper who didn’t succumb to Order 66, and wondered how he could have beaten the programming. 

At the same time, MonkeyFist was talking about Demolition Man in my other ear and the two ideas merged:

“Well, when they were getting programmed with Order 66, instead of ‘Kill all Jedi’ Simon got ‘crochet and needlepoint.’  So, when the Emperor gave the order, Simon was hit with the overwhelming urge to find yarn.”  Much laughter ensued.  

After several more minutes of bizarre conversation, my sister, somehow brought up catgirls as being a source for yarn.  I suggested that Simon have a catgirl companion (because, hey, catgirls are hawt), and my sister remembered that the first game they played together (a different Star Wars game), her husband was playing Simon (pre-Episode One’s release) and she was playing a catgirl scout.

So, I am strongly encouraging my sister to write said fan-fic about a clone trooper with faulty order 66 programming, an overwhelming urge to knit when faced with a Jedi, and a cute catgirl companion.

Any objections?

Messages In This Thread
Life, Order 66 and A Ball of Yarn. - by Mark Skarr - 06-17-2012, 02:56 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 06-17-2012, 03:03 AM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 06-17-2012, 03:35 AM
[No subject] - by HoagieOfDoom - 06-17-2012, 04:00 AM
[No subject] - by Jorlem - 06-17-2012, 06:49 AM
[No subject] - by sweno - 06-17-2012, 07:27 AM
[No subject] - by Mark Skarr - 06-17-2012, 07:54 AM
[No subject] - by Jinx999 - 06-17-2012, 09:23 AM
[No subject] - by Acyl - 06-19-2012, 09:14 AM