Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not exactly fanfic, but my Nano is Magical Girl inspired
Not exactly fanfic, but my Nano is Magical Girl inspired
So high schooler Jeffrey Jacobs thought heading to school in his older sister's choice of Halloween costume was bad enough. Then in first period he looks out the window and spots some sort of meerkat/rabbit crossbreed of unnatural coloration trying to talk to him. His day just goes crazier from there...

Quote:Hall pass in hand I slipped from the
room and walked to the end of the building and looked around as I
stepped outside. Perched on the water fountain, tapping a hind leg
impatiently the meerbit was waiting for me.

"Finally! We don't have much time
miss, I need you to--"

"My name's Jeffrey."

"That's nice, my name is Claret,
we don't have time for my usual introduction. Like I ever do anymore. You
have potential for great power miss Jeffrey," one blue tipped
paw reached around his back and brought out something silver tossing
it to me. "Put that on and give the top a twist."

Quote:

Claret spun around and in two bounds
was on the edge of the roof. Finally taking the opportunity to look
around I recognized the place. "Oh! Agua Fría grade school. I
went here."

The kid came up next to me,
"Viento Fresco's got a better basketball team."

"Only because Agua Fría doesn't
have a basketball team."

"Like I said..."

Claret jumped up and down on the edge,
"Girls! We don't have time for that. Look, over there, it's a
whole army!"

I took a look where the critter was
pointing, "Um... that's not an army."

Red took a look and actually
face-palmed.

Despite Claret's trouble identifying Jeffrey's gender, the poor guy does manage to avoid having his transformation result in a dress (loose hakama style pants, yes; dress, no). He meets three as yet unnamed magical girls (who he is thinking of as Red, Blondie, and The Kid for now), gets to complain about confused mascot critters, makes what could almost (with generosity and some squinting) be thought of as a date, and gets locked in with a giant spider (without having learned any abilities roof leaping). And that's only in the first 4400 words...
So, I've seen Nanoha through Nanoha StrikerS, the first few episodes of Sailor Moon, the first six episodes of Madoka, and read through the translated Cardcaptor manga. So I'm not completely unfamiliar with the genre, but by no means would I claim to be an expert. I'm not aiming for a profound deconstruction of the genre, just something with a bit of humor and a bit of drama. I'm also thinking more in terms of a collection of episodes than an actual novel.
As for why I'm posting this, I'm open to ideas for things I might throw at the characters. At the moment I pretty much have one truly defined character and a world that has only recently discovered magical girls exist outside anime and/or Japan. I pretty much decided to try for NaNoWriMo's 50K words Thursday afternoon, and did no planning before that. So this is definite flying by the seat of the pants. Smile
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.

Messages In This Thread
Not exactly fanfic, but my Nano is Magical Girl inspired - by LilFluff - 11-06-2012, 01:03 AM
[No subject] - by ECSNorway - 11-06-2012, 06:14 PM
[No subject] - by LilFluff - 11-06-2012, 07:46 PM
[No subject] - by RomanFanboy - 11-07-2012, 05:27 AM
[No subject] - by Sirrocco - 11-07-2012, 06:51 AM