Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mass Effect: Circle of Ashes
Planting seeds or stacking the Deck Example seed tech and pawn shops for laptops
Hello

I don't play mass effect, but I've read a few fan fics and from them gained enough interest to look up what I could find of the back story behind the game.

One idea I tossed around for a couple of days was the idea that the ?Protheans? instead of just leaving a few mind whammmy probes as warning instead salted humanity and a few other races with a technologies that addressed some/most of the weaknesses of mass effect tech.

The Protheans were advanced enough and old enough to have had several technology trees that were stunted by the use of Mass effect and element zero. What if they build a fake starship using these stunted or abandoned techs and "crash" it just enough to make the humans think what's missing/undeveloped was destroyed in the crash.

The humans get what they think is badly damaged tech from a crashed starship and proceed to do basic research in tech fields the Prothean were lured away from and unknowingly grow to maturity a set of technologies carefully designed to make them strong in many areas where mass effect technologies are weakest.

When the Humans finally discover mass effect technologies their seeded near mature technology will be mixed with the mass effect technology of other races and create a night mare for the reapers to face.

EXAMPLES remember I've never played the game.

Particle beam weapons

FTL jumping bombs or missiles (see FTL below)

badly damaged missiles with warheads that appear to be incredibly powerful laser heads powered by nuclear warheads.

Shield technology that seems to be an outgrowth of magnetic fields and cold plasmas possibly an outgrowth of fusion containment tech.

A FTL drive based on instantaneous jumps, for balance purposes and story excitement put more limits than what was in nBSG.

LIDAR Sensor tech that is a FTL system that seems to have been based on both constant streams of entangled photons and teleporting entangled photons.

Pawn ship LAPTOPS

ClassicDrogn have you thought of looking for a laptop in a pawn shop around here( in Arkansas) much to my surprise I've seen several relatively cheap laptops appear lately.

Presumably they were sold either because of the economy or because Tablet computers are now all the rage.

I picked up an old windows XP laptop for a cheap enough price that I'm not to worried about plugging some of my experiments into it's ports.

Be warned I'm an EE and hobbie computer tech so I know computers, software and how to test/repair a machine and research a machine before buying.

If your not a techie get a friend who is and see what the pawn shop has then get on line and do several searches based on what you saw look for used prices, known issues or problems.

Also beware trojan horse computers. about 10 months ago I picked up a 8 or 9 year old dell laptop for it's USB 2.0 ports and good selection of old legacy ports. The laptop appeared to have been wiped with the hard drive reformatted and then a clean install of windows XP put back.

That bothered me I've worked on many personal and some business computers in the area and I have to harp on basic computer security constantly and actually getting some individual or even a small business to actually securely wipe a computer before tossing it or selling it is almost impossible.

I pulled the laptop's hard drive and hooked it up externally to another machine and a careful check revealed some type of virus in the boot sector and a couple of different virus infecting several files in the OS.

Needless to say I did a low level wipe and then did a clean install of windows XP.

hmelton

God Bless

edited to fixed the sudden wall of text problem.

Messages In This Thread
Mass Effect: Circle of Ashes - by ClassicDrogn - 01-06-2013, 03:01 AM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 01-06-2013, 03:14 AM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 01-06-2013, 03:18 AM
[No subject] - by Sirrocco - 01-06-2013, 06:21 AM
[No subject] - by Jorlem - 01-06-2013, 09:48 AM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 01-06-2013, 10:29 AM
[No subject] - by Jorlem - 01-06-2013, 11:07 AM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 01-06-2013, 09:10 PM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 01-06-2013, 09:17 PM
[No subject] - by Sirrocco - 01-07-2013, 12:51 AM
Planting seeds or stacking the Deck Example seed tech and pawn shops for laptops - by hmelton - 01-07-2013, 09:20 AM
[No subject] - by werehawk - 01-10-2013, 11:31 PM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 01-11-2013, 03:33 AM