Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flashback 1942: a tale of two Kloggs

Well if that's what you want...

[Image: Kn49FvQl.jpg]
Klogg Jau Super Space

[Image: 9F6KMYrl.jpg]
Klogg Naro Super Sky

And yeah, I know the wings are pretty far aft - they're mostly just something to hang a control surface off of, though. It'sprobably true that the Jau would be better in atmo as its form lends itself to being a lifting body, while the Naro is jus' plain brickly. The Jau is also mechanically elegant, with a scissoring dual ring frame that wraps around the cockpit pod where the Naro has a single basic lever linkage to bring the nose up over the cockpit and simple hinges for the backpack and pelvic section.

I suppose they could be the products of two different production centers - I've been thinking that the Zzard empire would have two planets whose industrywas tuned from the first setlement to producing them to fill the huge space navy's needs, but in the stratified and ordered society I've envisioned not having a single standardized design doesn't really fit, though having the same engines, avionics, etc. even to the point of the same super parts fitting both types so they use standard parts aside from the actual airframe would.

Or, the one could be a new model introduced in the two decades between when the inital ship crashes and when the alien fleet shows up in force. Either the Jau, with its better survivability with the self-sufficient pod with volume for all the life support gear and a few emergency maneuvering rockets, or the Naro having reduced material and fabrication costs as compared to its curvier kin.

The Bluo spacy is gender-integrated, at least, so itcan't be a Zentrady/Meltran power armor style split, though it's true that the generally higher G-tolerance of females means they're more common as variable device pilots with males filling shipboard or ground forces roles. It's also true that I haven't even given a thought to fixed configuration ground units aside that they exist.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Bluemage - 09-25-2013, 10:02 PM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 09-26-2013, 01:46 AM