Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
variant RPG systems are still eating my brain

well, another one showed up, this time inspired by Tri-Stat. It ends up with nine, though, three Primary Stats for Physical, Mental, and Occult that you assign a point total to, but then you split the points in each one between the Secondary Stats: Speed, Bulk, Wit, Wisdom, Magic and Sanity.

Speed is running, reflexes, and dodge ability
Bulk is lifting, striking force, and ability to take a hit
Wit is pretty much the social group, and how likely your mouth is to get you in trouble
Wisdom is the "think it over" stat, for eggheads and people who look before they leap
Magic is the ability to send Physics and Logic to the time-out corner
Sanity measures how well you deal with trauma, and resist magical effects

Obviously this would be for use in a game where magic is, if not inherently evil, at least inherently dangerous.

Looking at it some more, it seems like a cut-down version of the system I've written my project notes for Ninja Robot Space Fighter around, though in that the twelve stats are just divided into four types and three styles for easier organization.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 05-14-2014, 12:12 PM
[No subject] - by Deadpan29 - 05-14-2014, 05:19 PM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 05-14-2014, 07:07 PM
[No subject] - by Deadpan29 - 05-15-2014, 10:51 PM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 05-16-2014, 03:29 AM