Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yamato 2199 Episodes 19-22 now up!

Semi-random thoughts: 

Okay - about 3/4 of the way through Ep 19 and I just want to comment on something small but significant. 
I love that the actions of the Yamato at Balun actually had story consequences that NECESSITATE the Rainbow Star Cluster battle - with the 4 Gamilon carriers and the command ship. (BTW - note that the "saucer" from the original show is "merely" the command bridge of Domel's cruiser now. I fully expect that thing to separate and fly on it's own if the main ship gets destroyed.) 
In the original show, it was never questioned - though perhaps it should have been - why ONLY those 5 ships were sent or were available. Here - it's been confirmed that, as I thought, the bulk of the entire Gamilon fleet is STRANDED at Balun and has to make it's way back via normal Warp Speeds! 
I can tell you now - just this fact alone sets things up for multiple interesting story elements and branches. 
One - it neatly closes the above mentioned plot hole and sets up the Battle Of Gamilon - and why there were (will be?) no (or few?) Naval forces THERE either! Or maybe the Yamato will have to face the forces of the BLUE fleet? *shudder* 
(Although - Gamilon seems FAR more habitable in this version than the original - haven't yet seen any indication of acid seas and the like. So what's that battle going to even look like now?) 
Goer appears to get lucky AGAIN and will survive past the Rainbow Galaxy battle! 
The fleet being stranded at Balun and making their way back the long way also means that likely this is where bulk of the forces that Desslok will have during the Comet Empire story comes from.
Or - it means that Dessler will have those forces available to harass the Yamato on the way back? 

Also of note, from a character standpoint - Dessler shows class in outright personally apologizing to Domel (in front of the other generals, no less!) for putting him through what he's been through. 
And he appears to be aware that even though he flushed out a cadre of traitors, that the fleet being stranded at Balun at a critical time is HIS OWN doing as much as that of anything else. He's very worried about that... Shit just got SERIOUS.
Kudos to the voice actor and the animators for getting the subtle facial expressions in that actually allow me to READ that! 
I notice Domel's wife is still being held though. How much of what he's doing is to get her out? 
Guess I'll find out! On to the next episode. Where I'm curious to see what Domel's going to do in regard to the ISCANDARIAN that they now know is on board the Yamato!

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Logan Darklighter - 07-29-2013, 12:07 PM
[No subject] - by Logan Darklighter - 07-29-2013, 12:09 PM
[No subject] - by Logan Darklighter - 07-29-2013, 12:12 PM
[No subject] - by Logan Darklighter - 07-29-2013, 12:14 PM
[No subject] - by DHBirr - 07-29-2013, 02:58 PM
[No subject] - by Logan Darklighter - 07-29-2013, 03:45 PM
[No subject] - by DHBirr - 07-29-2013, 06:02 PM
[No subject] - by DHBirr - 07-31-2013, 02:36 AM
[No subject] - by ordnance11 - 07-31-2013, 03:49 AM
[No subject] - by DHBirr - 08-03-2013, 04:40 PM