Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Trek Beyond

Saw it the other day. It's a good Star Trek movie. Despite what happens to the Enterprise in the trailers, Beyond isn't really trying to revolutionise the setting like XI did, and I'm delighted to say it's not a political trainwreck like Into Darkness was. I noted elsewhere that, if the Kelvinverse had a tv show starting off after Into Darkness, this would be the third season finale. And that's part of why I like it. All the characters feel like they've been working together for years, there's friendship and respect between them. Bones and Spock in particular have some truly brilliant moments together. Uhura continues to be freaking awesome, not just in kicking the ass of anything in her way, but also a great moment in discovering a major detail about the big bad. As for Kirk, well, Chris Pines got it right this time. He's been hampered in the past by other problems with the script, the need to make him a reckless cowboy that doesn't play by the rules, but here, he felt like James T. Kirk.

Also, a drastic reduction in Lens Flare. And Yorktown is freaking beautiful.

Messages In This Thread
Star Trek Beyond - by Logan Darklighter - 07-24-2016, 06:14 AM
[No subject] - by Matrix Dragon - 07-24-2016, 07:17 AM
[No subject] - by Shepherd - 07-24-2016, 04:44 PM
[No subject] - by SkyeFire - 07-26-2016, 05:47 PM
[No subject] - by Matrix Dragon - 07-26-2016, 07:19 PM
[No subject] - by Rajvik - 07-27-2016, 02:31 AM
[No subject] - by Dartz - 08-06-2016, 07:57 PM