Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Member Registration Request...
RE: New Member Registration Request...
(02-17-2018, 03:03 AM)Morganite Wrote: That's odd, you shouldn't need to register to change themes...

I might have been mistaken. In the end it was simply the last push I needed after being a read-only person for the last ... decade, I think, possibly longer.

(02-17-2018, 02:06 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Quote:And `relatively prominent programmer` ... Huh.
Well, when I searched on you and found a few dozen projects on github, plus blogs and your name mentioned as part of various IT conferences

True. Mainly Tcl conferences. And my name is unique enough to actually lend itself to googling.

Quote:Plus there was the fact that I recognized your name, although I couldn't remember from where.
I suppose it was Caer Azkaban and not professional journals, come to that -- but I figured I'd err on the side of not insulting you.

I am fairly sure that I sent mail directly to you in the past, although I do not remember anymore what the topics were. Maybe some sort of general FYI on something I thought might interest you.

Quote:Regardless, though, welcome to the forums, and if it is your preference to lurk, then by all means do so.  Don't let my spammer paranoia obligate you in any way.

Thank you and happy to be here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Member Registration Request... - by aku - 02-17-2018, 01:32 AM
RE: New Member Registration Request... - by aku - 02-18-2018, 01:46 PM